Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
MCT for EWR (2012)

https://www.newarkairport.com/at-airport/connecting-flights

United Airlines operates a shuttle bus between Terminals A and C from 5:00am to 10:00pm. In addition, United also operates a shuttle bus connecting Terminal B to Terminals A and C from 10:00am to 10:00pm. The shuttle bus is available at gate A28, B67, and C70 as illustrated in the image above. This service is free and you will not have to go through TSA security again. Please note this shuttle is operated at the sole responsibility of United Airlines and is subject to modification at their discretion.

Archive: Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by zitsky
Anyone know if this information about bus location is still correct:

• Terminal A - Gate 28
  • Terminal C - Gate 71
Those locations are still correct. Also, the Airtrain is currently out of service but I believe it's supposed to be back up and running in the next couple of days.

Does anyone know where I can find reviews of restaurants in Terminal C? I assume I could try Yelp but I'm wondering if there's anything here. I did a search but didn't find anything.
The thread linked-to above has some good detail. Two key words re: the dining experience at terminal C since it was 'enhanced': medicre, overpriced.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 7:35 pm
JBD

LAX-EWR-EDI: Terminal Change?

My nephew is flying LAX to EDI, and I'm trying to help find the easiest route for him.

If he flies UA LAX-EWR-EDI, will he need to change terminals in EWR? Will he need to re-clear security in EWR?

I'm hoping the answer is no to both!

Travel is on September 1st
UA 1691 LAX-EWR
connecting to
UA 36 EWR-EDI

(I used the first flight number on UA's site looking for gate and terminal info for next Tuesday's flight, but it pulled up flights from CUN. So I'm assuming there'll be a switch in flight numbering between now and then.)
Old Jul 26, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by JBD
My nephew is flying LAX to EDI, and I'm trying to help find the easiest route for him.

If he flies UA LAX-EWR-EDI, will he need to change terminals in EWR? Will he need to re-clear security in EWR?

I'm hoping the answer is no to both!

Travel is on September 1st
UA 1691 LAX-EWR
connecting to
UA 36 EWR-EDI

(I used the first flight number on UA's site looking for gate and terminal info for next Tuesday's flight, but it pulled up flights from CUN. So I'm assuming there'll be a switch in flight numbering between now and then.)
No and no. Both flights will arrive/depart from Terminal C, and as long as he stays airside, there is no need to re-clear security.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 8:02 pm
JBD

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
No and no. Both flights will arrive/depart from Terminal C, and as long as he stays airside, there is no need to re-clear security.
Perfect!

Thanks so much for the fast reply. ^
Old Aug 7, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Where did the EWR airside kiosks go?

I've spent the day walking around two piers of EWR Terminal C and noticed something a bit off. In he areas where I expect to see kiosks — in nooks and crannies in the terminal and next to customer-service centers — there is just blank space or, in one case under a sign marked "Customer Service Kiosk Here", an ATM.

What happened to the kiosks? Are you expected to interact with a gate agent, customer service rep, or lounge attendant if you need a new printed paper boarding pass? Should you use one of the ubiquitous OTG iPads (or your own mobile device) to pull up the United mobile app and make trip changes automatically?

Or is there a kiosk cluster airside somewhere in the terminal that I haven't found yet?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 1:42 pm

Have all RDU-EWR flights moved to Terminal C?

I have a RDU-EWR-CDG flight happening in a few weeks. The flight number doesn't show up yet, I guess it will be active in September. Anyway, I haven't checked all flights but it looks like the majority of flights RDU-EWR are going into Terminal C now and not Terminal A. Does anyone know if this is a recent change? I remember going through Terminal A on previous flights on United.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 6:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I have a RDU-EWR-CDG flight happening in a few weeks. The flight number doesn't show up yet, I guess it will be active in September. Anyway, I haven't checked all flights but it looks like the majority of flights RDU-EWR are going into Terminal C now and not Terminal A. Does anyone know if this is a recent change? I remember going through Terminal A on previous flights on United.
ERJ-145s go into terminal A. However, this route has been seeing DH4s, E75s and even the occasional 737 or 319 on it so yes, those planes go into C.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:04 am

Sleeping at newark

Hi

If I have a flight at 6:00 AM, can I check-in with United (no check-in bags) and go through security around 6:00 PM the day before at EWR ?

My mother has an international flight out of EWR at 10:00 pm. I would like to see her off at the departure gate, and then go to Denver. The only options for EWR-DEN after 10:00 pm start the next morning. So, I was thinking that I'll book an early morning flight, check-in and go through security in the evening before, say my good byes, and then sleep in terminal C till my flight. Is that possible ?

I have looked into websites like sleepinginariports, and, to me, it seems clear that people can sleep at the airport if EWR is a layover. However, I am not sure about the security check, as I am starting at EWR.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by dspatwardhan
If I have a flight at 6:00 AM, can I check-in with United (no check-in bags) and go through security around 6:00 PM the day before at EWR ?
I've done this before, in Sep 2013, flying from EWR to YYZ. My flight was at 6 am, so I took the njtransit train to the airport at around 11 pm or so, on a sunday night, for a monday morning flight. Went in, and pretty sure I went through security too, as I hung out near the duty free shop. Now, this was (technically) an international flight, but I wouldn't think it would make a difference. There were some tables I was able to stretch out and and get a little shut eye.

Some others were doing the same, but not many really, I don't think you would have a problem though.

Good Luck!

Last edited by th30p3rat0r; Aug 21, 2015 at 11:24 am
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:54 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
I wouldn't call EWR the most pleasant place to sleep though. Before/outside security, the terminal area is rather spartan and I forget if there are even benches you could sleep on. It is not carpeted/quiet/pleasant.

You may want to look into the many cheap hotels ($50-70) around EWR that have shuttle service. Save yourself a sore back and grogginess of 8 hours.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by TA
You may want to look into the many cheap hotels ($50-70) around EWR that have shuttle service. Save yourself a sore back and grogginess of 8 hours.
Is it possible/advisable to go through security check once in the evening, then come out of airport, and then again go for security check early morning ? I want to see my mother off when her flight departs in the evening at the gate past-security.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:27 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dspatwardhan
Is it possible/advisable to go through security check once in the evening, then come out of airport, and then again go for security check early morning ? ...
yes, you can leave and then re-enter.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM(BIS)
http://www.sleepinginairports.net/usa/newark.htm
Old Sep 2, 2015, 2:44 am

planning a trip from LIM-HNL and with that length of a trip want to book in lie flat. The best option is LIM-EWR-HNL. The connection time is 1 hour 40 mins. I will be traveling with a non USA citizen.

Couple questions

1. Its likely I will book the standard award rate for this flight as saver first is rare from LIM-EWR. If we miss the connection, can we ask to get on a PS flight to connect through SFO on the flight in the 767 to HNL? Or are we at the mercy of the gate agent? Are seats in first open much on PS flights last second? This is happening on a Sunday. There are three other flights from EWR-SFO with lie flat seats that day before the SFO-HNL connection at 4PM

2. I am a US citizen. Will my partner be able to join the US citizen line with me?

I am trying to decide whether to book the LIM-EWR-HNL and risk it as this is ideal, or just confirm a seat on LIM-EWR-SFO-HNL

Last edited by be001; Sep 2, 2015 at 4:43 am
Old Sep 2, 2015, 5:01 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by be001
planning a trip from LIM-HNL and with that length of a trip want to book in lie flat. The best option is LIM-EWR-HNL. The connection time is 1 hour 40 mins. I will be traveling with a non USA citizen.

Couple questions

1. Its likely I will book the standard award rate for this flight as saver first is rare from LIM-EWR. If we miss the connection, can we ask to get on a PS flight to connect through SFO on the flight in the 767 to HNL? Or are we at the mercy of the gate agent? Are seats in first open much on PS flights last second? This is happening on a Sunday. There are three other flights from EWR-SFO with lie flat seats that day before the SFO-HNL connection at 4PM

2. I am a US citizen. Will my partner be able to join the US citizen line with me?

I am trying to decide whether to book the LIM-EWR-HNL and risk it as this is ideal, or just confirm a seat on LIM-EWR-SFO-HNL
To be totally honest that connection is really risky - and no your companion can't go with you to the US Immigration line - and the non-US lines can get backed up on weekends - then you have to get your bags, recheck, possibly change terminals, and then clear security again. If you miss they will try and get you there as quickly as possible - but no guarantee of PS or lie-flat....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.