Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
MCT for EWR (2012)

https://www.newarkairport.com/at-airport/connecting-flights

United Airlines operates a shuttle bus between Terminals A and C from 5:00am to 10:00pm. In addition, United also operates a shuttle bus connecting Terminal B to Terminals A and C from 10:00am to 10:00pm. The shuttle bus is available at gate A28, B67, and C70 as illustrated in the image above. This service is free and you will not have to go through TSA security again. Please note this shuttle is operated at the sole responsibility of United Airlines and is subject to modification at their discretion.

Archive: Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
Arriving EWR 5 PM from NRT on a Saturday in July. I can get a connection to BOS at 7 or 8:45 PM. No GE. I'm Gold but I'm hearing that the Premier Access lines to re-enter security are now closed most of the time. I'm flying C so I guess I get lounge access if I have to kill time?
1. It's probably not too late to get GE for a July flight. This will also get you TSA Pre.

2. I'd take the longer connection. They have showers EWR UC, which are nice after the TPAC.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:25 pm

EWR Terminal A: Can I take the bus to Terminal C in between flights?

So I'll have a long connection between a flight arriving in terminal A, and another flight departing terminal A. Obviously that is not a fun place to spend several hours. How strict are they about taking the bus to terminal C? And if they do insist on checking boarding passes, can I just tell them I misplaced it and I was planning on just going straight to the gate agent to get a new BP? I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences. Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
No issues at all - they haven't looked at my boarding pass in a long time - even to get off at terminal B...
Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Agree with the above, in fact going back to the CO days I've never had my BP checked. I'm absolutely with you though, A is awful (unless you're in the market for a $15 sandwich) and C is an infinitely better place to kill time.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, NW Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Taking the DUB to EWR flight connecting to IND with a 55 min connection. Is it possible to get from terminal 2 to c and make the connection? I know there are more flights in the afternoon, but they are sold out, so I would be spending 7 hours at the airport if I miss the connection.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 7:22 am

"Terminal 2": Would you be looking at the DUB terminal? I see that the arriving flight at EWR uses Terminal C, and I understand that you'd have pre-clearance at DUB so this would be like a domestic arrival. The question would be about the connecting flight: it looks like all EWR-IND flights are Express, most of which go from A, needing an airside bus connection. It would be a tight connection even if on-time, and long-haul flights are subject to delay.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 8:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by computerquest
Taking the DUB to EWR flight connecting to IND with a 55 min connection. Is it possible to get from terminal 2 to c and make the connection? I know there are more flights in the afternoon, but they are sold out, so I would be spending 7 hours at the airport if I miss the connection.
That cannot be a legal I-D connection.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:32 am

But with pre-clearance at DUB, isn't this considered a domestic arrival for MCT purposes, even though it may not be a sensible connecting time?
Old May 10, 2015, 5:59 am

Programs: UA 1k
Ewr to bdl on 13 May

Hi. Travelling lhr to ewr and then on to bdl. Assuming I will have to change C to A. Cannot walk long distances. Should I book special assistance or will this slow down the transfer? Have about 2 hrs, checked luggage. What else do I need to know? Thanks in advance.
Old May 12, 2015, 6:58 am

Why is this the case at Terminal A only? Is this a United choice?
Old May 12, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
To my knowledge, operation hours of the Precheck line is solely at the discretion of the TSA. United charges the security fee on each ticket regardless of time of day (per regulations) so it's entirely up to hours. As far as when they choose to open I think it has to do with passenger flow/numbers - although I've shown up early at checkpoints before (e.g. 4:30AM) and the precheck line is not open but there are quite a number of passengers.

Last time I went to terminal A (~5AM on a monday) the Precheck line was not open, but they were essentially giving everyone the precheck treatment anyways ("don't take anything out" was the instruction). Same thing happened in ORD T1 last thursday afternoon - Precheck line was closed, but everyone was getting the "don't take anything out" treatment and went through the WTMD unless they asked for AIT or they triggered the WTMD repeatedly.
Old May 12, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
I have given up on Terminal A security which is only marginally more pleasant than a root canal when it is FUBAR in typical EWR fashion. I go through Pre-Check in C and ride the bus over if the bus is operating. Somehow, that is a more pleasant experience.
Old May 12, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by recreationguru
The United Express gates at EWR are far from convenient and modern to start with, but I discovered yesterday that the Pre-Check for the gate is often unavailable. I was allowed to leave my shoes on and went through the mag rather than the full-body screening device. But it took almost 15 minutes to clear security and eliminated my opportunity for a quick charge of my phone battery. Likely to have to do the IAD to EWR run several times in the near future -- how often should I anticipate no Pre-Check ... and is it worth going to another terminal with Pre-Check and doing the post-security shuttle over to Terminal A?
No.
Old May 12, 2015, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by phltraveler
To my knowledge, operation hours of the Precheck line is solely at the discretion of the TSA. United charges the security fee on each ticket regardless of time of day (per regulations) so it's entirely up to hours. As far as when they choose to open I think it has to do with passenger flow/numbers - although I've shown up early at checkpoints before (e.g. 4:30AM) and the precheck line is not open but there are quite a number of passengers.

Last time I went to terminal A (~5AM on a monday) the Precheck line was not open, but they were essentially giving everyone the precheck treatment anyways ("don't take anything out" was the instruction). Same thing happened in ORD T1 last thursday afternoon - Precheck line was closed, but everyone was getting the "don't take anything out" treatment and went through the WTMD unless they asked for AIT or they triggered the WTMD repeatedly.
The security fee is for just that, security. A gates have security you just pass through. Nothing says it has to be for PreCheck. The security fee and PreCheck are unrelated.
Old May 12, 2015, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
No.
Yes.

In addition, C food & bev offerings are far superior. Definitely worth the shuttle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.