Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
MCT for EWR (2012)

https://www.newarkairport.com/at-airport/connecting-flights

United Airlines operates a shuttle bus between Terminals A and C from 5:00am to 10:00pm. In addition, United also operates a shuttle bus connecting Terminal B to Terminals A and C from 10:00am to 10:00pm. The shuttle bus is available at gate A28, B67, and C70 as illustrated in the image above. This service is free and you will not have to go through TSA security again. Please note this shuttle is operated at the sole responsibility of United Airlines and is subject to modification at their discretion.

Archive: Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:21 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, HHonors, Delta Sky Miles, Southwest Rapid Rewards
I agree UC at A is my preferred of the two.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: AADULtArer
8 hours in EWR?? No.

Perfect amount of time to take public transport or cab to the 911 Memorial - inside if its crappy, outside if its nice, a Sabbetts on the street, and easily make it back to EWR for 4pm to catch your departure.

Walk the streets, breathe in the air, pretend you are a New Yorker for a day - look down, not up...

Concierge your luggage at the airport Marriott to travel light
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by PSG75
Hello,

On december 23rd I will be flying with my fiancee:
- Montreal YUL -> Newark EWR [Terminal A] (arriving at 10.30am)
- Newark EWR [Terminal C] -> Paris CDG (departing at 6.30pm)

What is the best way to kill these 8 hours?

I plan to work at the airport (I don't really want to bother going in Manhattan), but at this time of year, it might be crazy in the terminals.

- option A : I buy 2 passes (for 50$ total on ebay) to access the United Club on terminal C or A. I don't know which would be the better one. Will they be packed all day long considering it's Christmas time?
- option B : I stay all day long seated in a restaurant in terminal C. Will they kick me out? Can I connect to the internet in the restaurants? Will I be able to find a power plug? Which restaurant to pick?
- option C : a smarter suggestion from experienced travellers?

Many thanks!
Take a cab to one of the fantastic Portuguese restaurants in Newark's Ironbound district..... you won't need to eat for a few days
Old Dec 13, 2015, 7:33 pm

I think I should stay in the airport. I thought about getting a room for the day but considering this time of the year (flight will probably be delayed) I think I would waste most of my time waiting (shuttle busses, security check).

I just want a kind of quiet room with a place to seat comfortably and a plug to charge my electronic stuff.

I guess I should rather spend the time in a United Club (terminal A vs. C) rather than in a restaurant in terminal C.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 1:10 pm

Where is the Concourse A/C shuttle at EWR

So I have a flight connection this week at EWR. I arrive in an E145 most likely in Concourse A and I leave in a B738 in Concourse C and I heard there's a shuttle that'll go from Concourses A and C so I wouldn't have to reenter security. Where exactly am I supposed to find that shuttle in Concourse A? Cause I heard it's kind of hard to find and this will be my first time at EWR.

Last edited by MKEflyer95; Dec 21, 2015 at 7:03 pm
Old Dec 21, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I can't recall the gate number adjacent to the shuttle entrance (maybe near A28?), but it is not at all difficult to locate. A terminal is a very small circle.

You will see signage and there is either an elevator or a set of stairs to reach the ground level bus area.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I can't recall the gate number adjacent to the shuttle entrance (maybe near A28?), but it is not at all difficult to locate. A terminal is a very small circle.

You will see signage and there is either an elevator or a set of stairs to reach the ground level bus area.
Thanks! I'll look for an elevator in the gates area thinking it goes down to the ground level.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I think that it is next to A26. It's very easy to find, and it is likely that the crew on the flight in will know and be able to point you towards the gate.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR

I can't remember the gate number either, but if you are facing straight toward security/terminal exit, it is on the right side, by either the closest or second closest gate toward the security hall. Not difficult to find at all.

Just wish they would have the bus stop at the AC concourse in A, next time I'm doing an AC-UA connection so need to re-clear security.

And by the way, E45 onto EWR isn't necessarily A concourse. IME, about half my E45 flights into/out of EWR have been in C.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 5:43 pm

The bus stop at Terminal A is just to the left of gate A28. You go down a flight of stairs and there's a small waiting room at ground level. There are signs.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe
I can't remember the gate number either, but if you are facing straight toward security/terminal exit, it is on the right side, by either the closest or second closest gate toward the security hall. Not difficult to find at all.

Just wish they would have the bus stop at the AC concourse in A, next time I'm doing an AC-UA connection so need to re-clear security.

And by the way, E45 onto EWR isn't necessarily A concourse. IME, about half my E45 flights into/out of EWR have been in C.
Were any of your E45 flights in Concourse C operated by ExpressJet? I'm on one of those. And according to flightaware all the flights from my origin airport (MKE) to EWR were coming in and out of Concouurse A for the last few days.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 7:41 am

EWR Terminal A: What time does TSA open?

So I missed my 6:33 AM flight today because when I got to terminal A at 5:30, the TSA line was wrapped around and around far outside the designated line area (not to mention the blue-shirt agent who kept randomly pulling people to a newly formed second non-Precheck lane but assured me I'd be fine to stay in the current lane). Couldn't help but notice that as I approached the x-ray belt, the line extending outside of the TSA agent area had completely evaporated. And as I await my new 11:59 flight, it's clear that EWR is not at all busy today. Kind of ironic that the earliest flights of the day had the longest possible wait at TSA..
Old Jan 5, 2016, 7:53 am

Programs: UA GS; AA CK; DL Silver Medallion, SPG Plat (Lifetime); Mariott Rwds Plat; Hertz Plat
Not sure of the answer to your question but EWR Terminal A is a mess. The way they handle pre-check at security is a total sham. Despite getting a "hall pass" for my shoes, I'm more often than not, shunted into a line that is longer. I'm currently flying a lot of United RJ's out of T-A and can't wait to get back to Terminal C
Old Jan 5, 2016, 7:56 am

I'm no fan of terminal A, but I've never seen anything like this. Usually there are fewer than 10 people in line before the ID check agent (then of course there is the secondary pre-x-ray line like you mentioned). This morning there was over 100. I've no doubt I could have done TSA at C and taken the shuttle bus to A in less time.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:21 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by markraby
I've no doubt I could have done TSA at C and taken the shuttle bus to A in less time.
I'm not so sure about that. Only door A has a Premier/PreCheck line. When I was there on 27DEC, both door 2 & 3 had lines that led DOWNSTAIRS. Even PreCheck for me was at least 3x the standard time. Granted that may have been Christmas traffic, but EWR C is usually quite packed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.