Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
MCT for EWR (2012)

https://www.newarkairport.com/at-airport/connecting-flights

United Airlines operates a shuttle bus between Terminals A and C from 5:00am to 10:00pm. In addition, United also operates a shuttle bus connecting Terminal B to Terminals A and C from 10:00am to 10:00pm. The shuttle bus is available at gate A28, B67, and C70 as illustrated in the image above. This service is free and you will not have to go through TSA security again. Please note this shuttle is operated at the sole responsibility of United Airlines and is subject to modification at their discretion.

Archive: Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:21 pm

United Express Connection at EWR

Please forgive the specificity of this question. I am flying IAD-EWR (UA4831), and then connecting EWR-PWM (UA4908) on 31 October. My flights are early on Saturday morning, with a 46-minute connection window. I've been looking at historical gate information, to see if I might luck out and have connecting gates in the same concourse -- I don't want to have to clear TSA again, which seems necessary if traveling from one wing in Terminal C to another.

I reading, I now also see that some United Express flights use Terminal A, which would add on an inter-terminal transfer. Does anyone have historical knowledge as to whether the UA Express flights are bunched together, and I appreciate any recommendations as to my chances of making the connection. If I miss the connection, the next flight to PWM is four-hours-plus, which kills the whole reason for my early-morning depature.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
There are too many UX flights at EWR to "bunch together". some leave from C and others depart from A.

There is an airside shuttle bus from C to A that might speed your transfer by avoiding the need to go through security again, if it becomes necessary.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
check equipment types. E145's all leave out of terminal A. all other flights leave out of C.

except occasionally i'll land in terminal B when coming from overseas, i gather UA doesn't depart from B though.

even if it's a transfer between C and A, there's a bus. you don't have to re-clear security.

assuming everything's on-time, 46 minutes is fine.

edit: oh actually i've flown EWR-PWM before. if memory serves, it's a Q400. that's out of C.

edit again: oh actually i've taken EWR-IAD a bunch too, also that's an E145 if memory still serves. means you'll have to take the bus. it's right next to gate A26 i think. or somewhere thereabouts. it's the first gate next to the earl of sandwich.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA1K
it could also end up being a Q400 which i believe arrive/depart from C at EWR.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
Originally Posted by haddon90
it could also end up being a Q400 which i believe arrive/depart from C at EWR.
you know what, i just checked the timetable and it's indeed a Q200.

WASHINGTON, DC (IAD - DULLES)
NEW YORK/NEWARK, NJ (EWR - LIBERTY) 212 mi
8:20A 9:42A 4831 DH2 0 1h22m -------|-------|-------|S------

these should land at concourse C.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bob_the_d
check equipment types. E145's all leave out of terminal A. all other flights leave out of C.
Incorrect. Many E45s use A, but I've also been on several that leave out of C. So it's luck of the draw.

On all UA connections, you should never have to re-clear security (only exception is arriving from international). All A terminal UAX flights leave from pier 2, so all in the same security zone. And there is the shuttle between there and C (and back).
Old Sep 28, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Incorrect. Many E45s use A, but I've also been on several that leave out of C. So it's luck of the draw.
This is correct. OP check your gate assignments on your day of travel. You might have to change terminals, and there is a bus which is airside to facilitate this.

Replies that are an attempt at humor only serve to confuse people with legitimate questions. No wonder so many FT members apologize in advance for posting.

SunLover
Old Sep 28, 2015, 8:25 pm

53 minute connection time EWR

I am looking for holiday flights and I found a flight that has a 53 minute connection in EWR coming from GRR on a erj-170 and connecting to a flight to ZRH. Im not certain where the originating plane will park so would you feel safe with this? my other options leave me an 11 hour layover in Munich before my final flight. Thanks!
Old Sep 28, 2015, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
If you somehow miss the flight what are your other *A options?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 8:34 pm

there is a flight 40 minutes later that goes direct. after that im looking at the next day or some severe re-routing
Old Sep 29, 2015, 3:24 pm

Further upthread I had asked about a 42 min connection at EWR from A to C (ERJ to A320). Thankfully UA rebooked me on an earlier flight for 1 hr 42 min, but I got to experience this A-C transition this past sunday.

It's a hike to wait for gatechecked baggage, go find the bus at A28, head all the way downstairs, wait 10 min for the bus to leave, then a 10 min ride over to C, head back up the stairs, and finally a long walk to the end of C. I don't think I would have made it this past sunday night if I only had an hour, let alone 42 min. Don't even get me started on the friendly, wonderful employees at EWR
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:59 pm

Programs: A3 *S
International Arrival to EWR (from HKG). Can check in extra luggage on next flight?

I'm not sure where else to post this question so I'll do it here for now, thanks in advance for your help!

I will be arriving in EWR on a United flight from Hong Kong, where I have about 6 hours to kill before catching a connecting Air Canada flight to Toronto (same ticket).

I understand that as an international arrival, I will have to clear immigrations and customs, which is fine (I am Canadian so it is relatively easy to enter the US). I don't intend to check in any luggage from HKG to EWR.

However, at EWR, I would like to then exit the airport and buy some stuff at the nearby mall. I would like to then check in this stuff as a piece of luggage on my flight from EWR to YYZ.

My question then is simply: Is this possible? Do I have to not check in to my last flight so that I can check in at EWR with the extra luggage? If the agent in HKG checks me in for the last flight without the checked baggage, will there be a problem inserting it at EWR?

Thanks again,

fizban
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: A3 *G; AA EXP
Originally Posted by fizban
I'm not sure where else to post this question so I'll do it here for now, thanks in advance for your help!

I will be arriving in EWR on a United flight from Hong Kong, where I have about 6 hours to kill before catching a connecting Air Canada flight to Toronto (same ticket).

I understand that as an international arrival, I will have to clear immigrations and customs, which is fine (I am Canadian so it is relatively easy to enter the US). I don't intend to check in any luggage from HKG to EWR.

However, at EWR, I would like to then exit the airport and buy some stuff at the nearby mall. I would like to then check in this stuff as a piece of luggage on my flight from EWR to YYZ.

My question then is simply: Is this possible? Do I have to not check in to my last flight so that I can check in at EWR with the extra luggage? If the agent in HKG checks me in for the last flight without the checked baggage, will there be a problem inserting it at EWR?

Thanks again,

fizban
I don't see a problem with that at all! If you are talking about the Mills at Jersey Gardens, I was pretty underwhelmed but I hope you can find what you are looking for there
Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: A3 *S
Originally Posted by LukasVIE
I don't see a problem with that at all! If you are talking about the Mills at Jersey Gardens, I was pretty underwhelmed but I hope you can find what you are looking for there
Thanks. Yeah, pretty sure any mall should have what I'm looking for. There are still cases where it's much cheaper to buy stuff in the US than in Canada, even with the terrible Canadian dollar exchange rate factored in.

I guess my real question is: Will EWR allow me to check in an additional bag to YYZ even though I didn't originally check one in at HKG?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:09 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by fizban
... I guess my real question is: Will EWR allow me to check in an additional bag to YYZ even though I didn't originally check one in at HKG?
Others have reported being successful doing this. The agent can see prior check bags if any.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.