FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:57 pm
LukasVIE

Programs: A3 *G; AA EXP
Originally Posted by fizban
I'm not sure where else to post this question so I'll do it here for now, thanks in advance for your help!

I will be arriving in EWR on a United flight from Hong Kong, where I have about 6 hours to kill before catching a connecting Air Canada flight to Toronto (same ticket).

I understand that as an international arrival, I will have to clear immigrations and customs, which is fine (I am Canadian so it is relatively easy to enter the US). I don't intend to check in any luggage from HKG to EWR.

However, at EWR, I would like to then exit the airport and buy some stuff at the nearby mall. I would like to then check in this stuff as a piece of luggage on my flight from EWR to YYZ.

My question then is simply: Is this possible? Do I have to not check in to my last flight so that I can check in at EWR with the extra luggage? If the agent in HKG checks me in for the last flight without the checked baggage, will there be a problem inserting it at EWR?

Thanks again,

fizban
I don't see a problem with that at all! If you are talking about the Mills at Jersey Gardens, I was pretty underwhelmed but I hope you can find what you are looking for there