Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
MCT for EWR (2012)

https://www.newarkairport.com/at-airport/connecting-flights

United Airlines operates a shuttle bus between Terminals A and C from 5:00am to 10:00pm. In addition, United also operates a shuttle bus connecting Terminal B to Terminals A and C from 10:00am to 10:00pm. The shuttle bus is available at gate A28, B67, and C70 as illustrated in the image above. This service is free and you will not have to go through TSA security again. Please note this shuttle is operated at the sole responsibility of United Airlines and is subject to modification at their discretion.

Archive: Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mjh00008
Thank you both! Good advice on preparing an alternate itinerary. For irregular ops can United push me onto a partner carrier? There are Air Canada and KLM routes with connections that wouldn't cost us much time if we make the change early if a problem develops.
Yes they can put you on a partner. You may have to push them to do it. Your best bet, if you're concerned, is to research alternate routes in advance. They're going to put you on UA flights first, then LH (due to the joint venture), then other star alliance.

Best odds, given the number of daily flights from the U.S., is that they would get you to FRA and then put you on LH to VCE. I would suggest looking for routes like this, depending on the delay:

MSY-EWR-FRA-VCE
MSY-IAD-FRA-VCE

Both on UA except the final leg. Also check LH routes from the U.S. And looks like you already researched AC.

Overall though, I'm not sure I'd sweat 2.5 hours unless I saw bad weather at MSY the day of the flight.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:01 pm

Last edited by Geauxtigers; Aug 14, 2016 at 10:57 pm
Old Jun 25, 2015, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Geauxtigers
Thinking of booking a Sunday night, 45 min connection SYR - EWR - MSY mid september. Chances of making this connection? Have family in the area in case I get stuck, but would like to maximize my weekend in syracuse and still make it back sunday night.
If SYR-EWR is on an ERJ-145 you'll be arriving EWR at terminal A and will have to take a bus over to C for your cnnection.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 8:37 am

Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:23 am
RNE

Thinking of booking a Sunday night, 45 min connection SYR - EWR - MSY mid september. Chances of making this connection? Have family in the area in case I get stuck, but would like to maximize my weekend in syracuse and still make it back sunday night.
Do you really think your flight times won't change between now and then? This is a booking on United, right?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:28 am

Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Living in upstate NY I have to be honest - taking a late UA Express flight into a tight connection is a recipe for disaster. Early morning - maybe - but the later in the day it gets the more likely UA Express will start to fall behind - or cancel completely. There are still plenty of summer weather issues in September - I wouldn't risk it if you really want to get to MSY...
Old Jul 13, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Premier Gold
EWR: Is it possible to use Lufthansa lounge in Terminal B if you're flying out of C?

Hello, I have a flight from EWR to EDN out of Terminal C.

I noticed there is a Lufthansa lounge in Terminal B. I'm curious if anyone has tried going to the other terminal to use that lounge before a United flight out of Terminal C? I have a Club membership so I should be able to get in but curious about these questions:

1) Will EWR let passengers into other terminals if they are not flying from them?
2) Will Lufthansa let you in if you're not actually flying from that terminal?
2) How long does it take to switch terminals and get through security? I have a 3.5 hr connection

thanks
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Lightbulb United sucks

Originally Posted by Chlorinedream
1) Will EWR let passengers into other terminals if they are not flying from them?
2) How long does it take to switch terminals and get through security? I have a 3.5 hr connection
Respectively
  1. no, absolutely not, have had much personal experience
  2. no, same
  3. from C pre-security to B post-security or B pre-security to C post-security would take 30mins ideal conditions, 60mins non-ideal conditions
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:29 am

Routing rule

With United pulling out from JFK, would this be a valid routes for award redemption? Will this required 75K or 80K for Business class?

ATL-EWR JFK->ICN->NRT(destination)->ICN(stayover)->JFK EWR->ATL

ATL<->EWR with United
JFK<->NRT with Asiana
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Premier Gold
Originally Posted by Richard Chen
Respectively
  2. no, same
  3. from C pre-security to B post-security or B pre-security to C post-security would take 30mins ideal conditions, 60mins non-ideal conditions
Thanks - figured as much.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Chlorinedream
Hello, I have a flight from EWR to EDN out of Terminal C.

I noticed there is a Lufthansa lounge in Terminal B. I'm curious if anyone has tried going to the other terminal to use that lounge before a United flight out of Terminal C? I have a Club membership so I should be able to get in but curious about these questions:

thanks
There is an airside bus that will take you from A and C over to B so you can get to the LH lounge if you want. I've not done it but I do know that people have dne so.

Originally Posted by Richard Chen
Respectively
  2. no, same
Old Jul 16, 2015, 6:59 pm

Question Can we made a 30 minute connection

Flying to HNL from MCO THRU EWR(Newark) on UNITED. Lv MCO @ 6AM arrive in ERW @ 8:44AM we need to connect to another UNITED flight @ 9:15AM- 30 Minutes to HNL.
United said don't worry the gates are close together.
I worry....
What do you think?
Old Jul 16, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by zowieboy
Flying to HNL from MCO THRU EWR(Newark) on UNITED. Lv MCO @ 6AM arrive in ERW @ 8:44AM we need to connect to another UNITED flight @ 9:15AM- 30 Minutes to HNL.
United said don't worry the gates are close together.
I worry....
What do you think?
If you are used to living life in the fast lane...party on! However, your question suggests that you are more risk-aversive. So am I....

If you are scheduled on the non-stop to HNL, if you miss it, the only options you will have will be connecting through the West Coast, costing you hours of your vacation time in Hawaii.

A (previous) night in the Newark Airport Hilton should be considered...
Old Jul 16, 2015, 8:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
I wouldn't do it.

In fact, I'd go a bit out of my way to avoid EWR altogether if at all possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.