Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
MCT for EWR (2012)

https://www.newarkairport.com/at-airport/connecting-flights

United Airlines operates a shuttle bus between Terminals A and C from 5:00am to 10:00pm. In addition, United also operates a shuttle bus connecting Terminal B to Terminals A and C from 10:00am to 10:00pm. The shuttle bus is available at gate A28, B67, and C70 as illustrated in the image above. This service is free and you will not have to go through TSA security again. Please note this shuttle is operated at the sole responsibility of United Airlines and is subject to modification at their discretion.

Archive: Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Yes.

In addition, C food & bev offerings are far superior. Definitely worth the shuttle.
Agreed. In addition, for those that are taking some form of public transit to the Air Train, the stop for terminal C on the air train is before terminal A and that thing is slow. I'd rather get off, go through real Pre-Check at C, and take the bus to A.
Old May 12, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Baze
The security fee is for just that, security. A gates have security you just pass through. Nothing says it has to be for PreCheck. The security fee and PreCheck are unrelated.
That's my point though, United pays the fee regardless of time of day and there is no PreCheck line surcharge or cost per security lane at the terminal, it's always the same on every ticket. Therefore there's no budget consideration where united decides to "fund" a precheck lane at particular times, therefore no reason on the operating times of a PreCheck lane to be determined by the airline.
Old May 21, 2015, 7:18 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Flying UA J FLL - EWR - TXL with 1 hour connection in Newark. We have 2 checked bags. What are the chances of missing this connection? The domestic should arrive in the same terminal as the departing flight to Berlin?
Old May 21, 2015, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by JonB110
Flying UA J FLL - EWR - TXL with 1 hour connection in Newark. We have 2 checked bags. What are the chances of missing this connection? The domestic should arrive in the same terminal as the departing flight to Berlin?
To be honest - that's cutting it uncomfortably close for UA and EWR - at least to me. I would switch to 11ish flight before it (assume you are on the 1ish flight) and then plan to have something to eat at the airport / relax in the lounge - and then you don't have to be stressed. I personally try to leave two hours - especially for TATL / TPAC flights from EWR as there usually aren't many other options if you mis-connect....
Old May 21, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
To be honest - that's cutting it uncomfortably close for UA and EWR - at least to me. I would switch to 11ish flight before it (assume you are on the 1ish flight) and then plan to have something to eat at the airport / relax in the lounge - and then you don't have to be stressed. I personally try to leave two hours - especially for TATL / TPAC flights from EWR as there usually aren't many other options if you mis-connect....
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately I am flying on an award ticket and the 11am flight is unavailable at this point. I will continue to monitor and look for another options. Thanks again.
Old May 25, 2015, 9:38 am

Lounge options in EWR United terminal

I have a 5 hour layover in September going from RDU to CDG. Is the UA lounge the only option in the terminal or are there private lounges that will sell me a day pass? Does UA still sell day passes?
Old May 25, 2015, 2:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zitsky
I have a 5 hour layover in September going from RDU to CDG. Is the UA lounge the only option in the terminal or are there private lounges that will sell me a day pass? Does UA still sell day passes?
That is the only option in Terminal C which United uses but yes they do still sell day passes.
Old May 25, 2015, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zitsky
Do you have *G status? If so, with that long of a layover it may be worth going over to B and hitting the LH (preferable) and/or SK lounges.
Old May 26, 2015, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Do you have *G status? If so, with that long of a layover it may be worth going over to B and hitting the LH (preferable) and/or SK lounges.
No status. My partner used to have status on UA but not any more.
Old May 27, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
From what I've read on the LH EWR lounge thread, maybe it's worth paying the 60 bucks for day passes there?

Or, if it's going to be at a meal time, this is some of the best Spanish food you'll get anywhere, if you're willing to take a taxi to and from EWR:

http://www.spanishtavernnewark.com/
Old Jun 2, 2015, 4:25 pm

4:05pm Amtrak arrival at EWR for 6pm international flight?

My wife, 2 kids, and I have a flight on Tuesday, EWR-BRU leaving at 6pm. We are planning to take the 3pm Amtrak departure from Philadelphia which is scheduled to arrive at EWR station at 4:05pm.

Will that give us enough time to get to the terminal, drop off our check-in bags, go through security, etc? It's not clear from the United page at what time baggage check-in closes at EWR for international flights: http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...s/default.aspx

The next earlier train leaves Philadelphia around noon, which would leave us with too much time at EWR (almost 5hrs).
Old Jun 2, 2015, 4:41 pm

My biggest concern would be Amtrak's timeliness. It's been years since I've ridden Amtrak, but I don't recall ever being on a train that was running on time...
Old Jun 2, 2015, 4:43 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
That seems like enough time to me, barring any Amtrak issues.

If things are on time, you arrive 4:05pm, take another 15 minutes to get to the terminal check-in area (4:20pm), another 20-30 min through security (4:50pm), still leaving more than 1 hour before the departure in case of any minor delays.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 4:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TA
That seems like enough time to me, barring any Amtrak issues.

If things are on time, you arrive 4:05pm, take another 15 minutes to get to the terminal check-in area (4:20pm), another 20-30 min through security (4:50pm), still leaving more than 1 hour before the departure in case of any minor delays.
But bag need to be check no less than 45 minutes prior to scheduled departure.

I would consider 2 hours prior to international departure with kids, no PreCheck and bags to be the minimum acceptable allowing for 10-15 min late train arrival at EWR.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
But bag need to be check no less than 45 minutes prior to scheduled departure.

I would consider 2 hours prior to international departure with kids, no PreCheck and bags to be the minimum acceptable allowing for 10-15 min late train arrival at EWR.
With a family and the specter of Amtrak delays, I would say that the OP needs to plan to arrive a minimum of 3 hours in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.