Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
MCT for EWR (2012)

https://www.newarkairport.com/at-airport/connecting-flights

United Airlines operates a shuttle bus between Terminals A and C from 5:00am to 10:00pm. In addition, United also operates a shuttle bus connecting Terminal B to Terminals A and C from 10:00am to 10:00pm. The shuttle bus is available at gate A28, B67, and C70 as illustrated in the image above. This service is free and you will not have to go through TSA security again. Please note this shuttle is operated at the sole responsibility of United Airlines and is subject to modification at their discretion.

Archive: Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2013, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Exclamation

Originally Posted by sam007
...(i don't have elite status on this United international flight to CDG)
also, what is the baggage drop-off cut off? 30 mins prior to departure?
For internatinal departures, UA checkin and baggage cutoff at EWR are 60 minutes before scheduled departure.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: UA MM
B to C on international arrival

If I fly in (TATL) to B, and my connecting flight is in C, how do I get there? Once I go through customs am I dumped out landside (in which case it seems to be airtrain and go through security again) or is there a way to stay airside and catch the shuttle bus? If so, where do I catch that bus and is there something I have to do to get it to stop, as I gather that the busses from A to C dont' stop at B except upon request.

Thank you!!!
Old Sep 7, 2013, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
If I fly in (TATL) to B, and my connecting flight is in C, how do I get there? Once I go through customs am I dumped out landside (in which case it seems to be airtrain and go through security again) or is there a way to stay airside and catch the shuttle bus? If so, where do I catch that bus and is there something I have to do to get it to stop, as I gather that the busses from A to C dont' stop at B except upon request.

Thank you!!!
You're entering the US, so mandatory immigration and customs. Hop in the Airtrain once you're through.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 11:04 am

So everyone entering the US at EWR needs to clear security again? I guess that's what you're saying. Hopefully the airlines take onward checked luggage right after customs (no issue for me, I'll just have carry on).

Now if the international flight arrives in C, does the same apply?
Old Sep 7, 2013, 12:25 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
So everyone entering the US at EWR needs to clear security again? I guess that's what you're saying. Hopefully the airlines take onward checked luggage right after customs (no issue for me, I'll just have carry on).

Yes. Unless you are arriving on a pre-cleared flight, you must clear security in the U.S when connecting from an international flight.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver

Anyone entering the USA at any international airport (except arrivals from pre clearance stations) must reclear security, period stop. No airport in the USA is set up with an international transit corridor, so effectively all arriving passengers are entering the USA, even if they're connecting to another international flight.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Yes, but you'd be fortunate to not have to experience the Airtrain
Old Sep 8, 2013, 8:30 am

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
Does anyone know if the shuttle bus still stops at the A1 pier? I'm looking at arriving EWR on AC (from YYZ) and connecting to UA international; I'd like to skip the AirTrain and re-clearing security if possible.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Yes, but you'd be fortunate to not have to experience the Airtrain
That would be nice Looks like my flight sometimes comes into A and sometimes C. I haven't been flying that much internationally so didn't realize we were so cruel to our transit arrivals.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
Still curious if anyone knows if the shuttle bus still goes to A1 or if I'll have to take the AirTrain to connect from AC to UA.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 5:25 pm

Domestic Connection at EWR - United

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and had a question about a domestic connection for United at EWR.

My wife and I are flying to Vermont this weekend from PHX, AZ and our itinerary looks like this -

FLIGHT INFORMATION
Day, Date Flight Class Departure City and Time Arrival City and Time Aircraft Meal
Sun, 15SEP13 UA245 PHOENIX, AZ
(PHX) 10:19 PM NEWARK, NJ
(EWR - LIBERTY) 5:51 AM (16SEP) A-320

Mon, 16SEP13 UA3904 NEWARK, NJ
(EWR - LIBERTY) 7:59 AM BURLINGTON, VT
(BTV) 9:19 AM Q400
Flight operated by REPUBLIC AIRLINES doing business as UNITED EXPRESS with turboprop equipment.

We have around 2 hours at EWR. Will that be sufficient? Will Rebublic Airlines (United Express) be operating from the same terminal that we land on in our incoming flight?

Thanks!
Old Sep 11, 2013, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
You'll have plenty of time. You'll be within the same terminal at Newark (EWR) and will not have to reclear security.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 8:57 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Welcome to FlyerTalk, bhavik23.

As your query is specific to United, we'll move your thread over to the UA forum. /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by bhavik23
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and had a question about a domestic connection for United at EWR.

My wife and I are flying to Vermont this weekend from PHX, AZ and our itinerary looks like this -

FLIGHT INFORMATION
Day, Date Flight Class Departure City and Time Arrival City and Time Aircraft Meal
Sun, 15SEP13 UA245 PHOENIX, AZ
(PHX) 10:19 PM NEWARK, NJ
(EWR - LIBERTY) 5:51 AM (16SEP) A-320

Mon, 16SEP13 UA3904 NEWARK, NJ
(EWR - LIBERTY) 7:59 AM BURLINGTON, VT
(BTV) 9:19 AM Q400
Flight operated by REPUBLIC AIRLINES doing business as UNITED EXPRESS with turboprop equipment.

We have around 2 hours at EWR. Will that be sufficient? Will Rebublic Airlines (United Express) be operating from the same terminal that we land on in our incoming flight?

Thanks!
Welcome to FT! You shouldn't have any issues with your connection provided the inbound flight isn't delayed. The flight to BTV is being served by one of the ex-Colgan Q400s, and should be departing from Terminal C; as skyline said, you won't need to reclear security, but you might have a bit of a walk between gates depending on where your PHX flight parks.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by skylane
You'll have plenty of time. You'll be within the same terminal at Newark (EWR) and will not have to reclear security.
Thanks for the quick reply!

Originally Posted by Critic
Welcome to FT! You shouldn't have any issues with your connection provided the inbound flight isn't delayed. The flight to BTV is being served by one of the ex-Colgan Q400s, and should be departing from Terminal C; as skyline said, you won't need to reclear security, but you might have a bit of a walk between gates depending on where your PHX flight parks.
Thank you, yeah I am hoping the flight from PHX takes off on time!

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 12, 2013 at 12:11 pm Reason: merge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.