Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
MCT for EWR (2012)

https://www.newarkairport.com/at-airport/connecting-flights

United Airlines operates a shuttle bus between Terminals A and C from 5:00am to 10:00pm. In addition, United also operates a shuttle bus connecting Terminal B to Terminals A and C from 10:00am to 10:00pm. The shuttle bus is available at gate A28, B67, and C70 as illustrated in the image above. This service is free and you will not have to go through TSA security again. Please note this shuttle is operated at the sole responsibility of United Airlines and is subject to modification at their discretion.

Archive: Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Never ever flown intl out of EWR and never transitted through on an intl return. First time for everything.

In September going EWR-FRA-FMO/IST-EWR-LAX. On the return I am GE, and I have a 2.5H layover with no checked luggage. Based on what I'm reading I should be good.

All signs point to no problem, right?
Yes. That is plenty of time.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
EWR: Airside shuttle A-B-C departure frequency and last bus?

Will be flying into EWR Terminal A and need to get to B for a connecting SAS flight, EWR-CPH. I understand that there may be an airside United bus which goes from A to B ( upon request ) then to C. How frequent is this bus shuttle? And, does anyone know when the last shuttle to B would depart? My SAS flight departs at 11:30 PM, and I am to arrive EWR at about 9:45 PM. Thanks.

Last edited by swdke; Aug 7, 2013 at 2:19 pm
Old Jul 4, 2013, 11:35 pm

Term A to Term C EWR Shuttle question

Checking for my son who is flying US Airways prop (United codeshare) from PHL to EWR arriving Terminal A3 and transferring to Term C United flight to RDU. Is his only choice to take the AirTrain and go through security again at Terminal C? The A/C shuttle runs from A28 (Terminal A2) and I recall there's separate security for A1, A2, and A3 gate areas. ..that to go from A39 to A28 would require going through security again, no?... So he might as well do it with the AirTrain that arrives every 3 minutes... Do I have this right?
Old Jul 5, 2013, 12:17 am

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Discoverist
There is a shuttle that connects A3 to A2. He can take that one and connect to the shuttle that goes to C. it's a pain, but better than airtrain and security again...
Old Jul 7, 2013, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA MM
Int'l UA to domestic UA transfer time?

Looking at an early Sept connection UA 993 from ZRH arriving 1:25 PM to a 4:14 UA flight to BOS. Friday evening. I'm Gold on UA, but flying Y. No GE or such. Carry-on only.

Is this a reasonable amount of time to clear immi, customs, and maybe move between terminals? There are a few later flights to BOS of course but EWR is not my favorite airport to while away the hours.

Thanks!

Last edited by MojaveFlyer; Jul 7, 2013 at 8:06 pm Reason: added details
Old Jul 7, 2013, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
Looking at an early Sept connection UA 993 from ZRH arriving 1:25 PM to a 4:14 UA flight to BOS. I'm Gold on UA, but flying Y. No GE or such.

Is this a reasonable amount of time to clear immi, customs, and maybe move between terminals? There are a few later flights to BOS of course but EWR is not my favorite airport to while away the hours.

Thanks!
You should be fine as long as everything runs smoothly with the departing flight out of ZRH, you should be fine with that connection.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, Priority Platinum, Marriot Gold, Delta Platinum
Anyone know ir there is somewhere I can cut my hair at terminal C during a layover? My fiancée scheduled a photo session right before I return home and EWR is the only place I could possible manage to get a haircut.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I'm assuming 35 min mainline ExUA flight number to mainline ExCo flight number to mainline is under MCT, meaning i shouldn't take my chances?

BOS-EWR UA 420 connecting to EWR-IAH UA 1421 on a Saturday afternoon. There is another flight about an hour later that will get me to IAH with more than enough time to get to PHX. Although i don't want to risk losing an upgrade
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CDKing
I'm assuming 35 min mainline ExUA flight number to mainline ExCo flight number to mainline is under MCT, meaning i shouldn't take my chances? ....
the EWR MCT DD is 30 mins. However, 30 or 35 minutes at EWR can be iffy based on weather, gates and the need to be at the departure gate at T-20.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 5:06 pm

EWR connection anxiety

Should we switch to an earlier flight to EWR? Our layover is 4 hr 50 min currently. The flight we will be on are frequently delayed (from 5 mins to 2 hours) and I figured 4 hr 50 mins should be enough.

However, today the 7pm flight was cancelled and triggered my anxiety. I am traveling with a young child. Would it be silly to switch to the 9:30am flight? If we switch, our layover will be almost 9 hours We are connecting to Europe so that will be a very long day.

I hope the weather will be good on Sunday.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
EWR can be bad, but not THAT bad. I usually schedule 1h30 if I can and I think 2h30 are plenty! 4h50 is a VERY long domestic connection for EWR and I would not worry at all.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
EWR can be bad, but not THAT bad. I usually schedule 1h30 if I can and I think 2h30 are plenty! 4h50 is a VERY long domestic connection for EWR and I would not worry at all.
Thank you, cfischer!
Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:12 am

OH NO, thunderstorm forecast this Sunday in EWR. Should I be worried?
Old Jul 24, 2013, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by helloflyer
OH NO, thunderstorm forecast this Sunday in EWR. Should I be worried?
Flying into/out of EWR/LGA/JFK, you should always be worried... even on a sunny day.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by edcho
Flying into/out of EWR/LGA/JFK, you should always be worried... even on a sunny day.
true
I had a 3 hour delay yesterday lax-JFK
flight was scheduled at 1250 and left at 4

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.