Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
MCT for EWR (2012)

https://www.newarkairport.com/at-airport/connecting-flights

United Airlines operates a shuttle bus between Terminals A and C from 5:00am to 10:00pm. In addition, United also operates a shuttle bus connecting Terminal B to Terminals A and C from 10:00am to 10:00pm. The shuttle bus is available at gate A28, B67, and C70 as illustrated in the image above. This service is free and you will not have to go through TSA security again. Please note this shuttle is operated at the sole responsibility of United Airlines and is subject to modification at their discretion.

Archive: Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2013, 1:14 pm

Thanks. I am very worried because of the thunderstorm forecast. Yesterday, 2 flights were cancelled and one was severely delayed.

We decided to change our departure to Friday as the forecast says mostly sunny. Also changed to first flight out to EWR. Will visit NYC during the long layover.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by helloflyer
Also changed to first flight out to EWR. Will visit NYC during the long layover.
1/2 a yup to the above. My dad used to tell me that the first appointment (or flight) of the day is always the closest to on-time. After that you are subject to the whims of whatever.

The older I get, the smarter my dad gets. I hope my daughter eventually feels the same way, Right now she's a teenager, so I am about the dumbest human alive
Old Jul 28, 2013, 7:08 pm

Which line is worse on a Friday morning at around 9: the Terminal A -> Terminal C shuttle bus line or the AirTrain/Terminal C security line?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 2:08 am

Programs: All of Them
Advice on Intl-Dom Connection

Need some input into this. Flying from HKG-EWR on UA116 which arrives at 2:05pm; b/w the connection, need to run into Midtown to get a crucial document, before heading back to EWR for a a 4:24 flight. Have no global entry, and probably will check bags. Would I be able to clear immigration, head into city, and back at 2:20?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 2:22 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
I would say the probability of you getting back at 2:20 is 0. I am assuming that you are talking about 2:20pm of the same day that you are arriving. If you are talking about 2:20am the following day, then yup - you can be back in time for that.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 2:35 am

Programs: UA 1K
I take this flight every 3 weeks.

IF you land on time, And IF you reach the gate at 2:05 and doors open at say 2:10PM you will still need to:
1. Clear immigration (15-30 minutes)
2. Wait for your bag(s) (5-10 Minutes)
3. Customs (2-5 Minutes)
4. Baggage recheck (5 minutes)

Ok so you are now at a place where you can catch a cab. The time is now likely 3:00PM. The drive into midtown is going to be a bare minimum of 40 minutes. Lets say it takes you 10 minutes to get your documents and get back in the cab for the 40 minute drive back to EWR. It is now likely 4:20 PM and you have no chance of getting to your 4:24PM flight.

This is impossible without a helo waiting to airlift you to midtown, and back. And I would still have doubts you would be able to make it through security and to your gate on time. That 2:19 minute layover is eaten up by Immigration, Customs, Baggage Recheck, Re entry through security etc... In reality you really have 1 hour to get anything done...

Have these important documents FedExed to your final destination address, or call UA and ask for a later flight to your Final Destination.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bl540611
Need some input into this. Flying from HKG-EWR on UA116 which arrives at 2:05pm; b/w the connection, need to run into Midtown to get a crucial document, before heading back to EWR for a a 4:24 flight. Have no global entry, and probably will check bags. Would I be able to clear immigration, head into city, and back at 2:20?
Absolutely zero chance. You'd need to be at the gate by 4:04pm, and you'll likely get out of the customs hall around 3pm. Add in baggage recheck and reclearing security and you'll likely just have time to grab a quick coffee.

Originally Posted by VSIncCEO
Have these important documents FedExed to your final destination address, or call UA and ask for a later flight to your Final Destination.
Another option is to have somebody meet you at arrivals with the documents. Probably the lowest risk option if the documents are crucial.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
DAY-EWR-CPH: What if the SAS EWR-CPH is cancelled?

Come September, I'll be flying UA from DAY-EWR, and SAS from EWR-CPH. If I arrive on time at EWR, but say the SAS EWR-CPH is cancelled, who do I see for rescheduling? I understand that if United is delayed, or cancels it's DAY-EWR flight, then United is responsible for rescheduling and getting me to CPH. But, what if I do arrive on time, but find that the SAS EWR-CPH is cancelled? Also, I am traveling on an award ticket booked with USAir miles.

Though this might be unlikely, reason I ask is that I have a buddy who was on a DAY-IAD-Vienna flight on Austrian airlines. United got him on time to IAD, but his IAD-Vienna flight on Austrian was cancelled. At the gate, he claims there were no Austrian agents to assists him, and when he went to United, they refused to assist, and he had purchased his ticket with United. I would assume United should have assisted him, but he claims they refused, and it was quite a mess for him. I am just trying to avoid a similar situation and would like to know what to do, just in case.

Thanks!
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
Does anyone know if the airside shuttle still runs between the A1 pier and Terminal C?

I'm considering booking a 56 minute connection between an AC flight and UA to Asia (EWR-NRT). If I have to re-clear security I have no shot, but if all I have to do is hop the bus, it sounds possible.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SeaRaptor
Does anyone know if the airside shuttle still runs between the A1 pier and Terminal C?

I'm considering booking a 56 minute connection between an AC flight and UA to Asia (EWR-NRT). If I have to re-clear security I have no shot, but if all I have to do is hop the bus, it sounds possible.
Even if it does run (I'm not sure) - do you really want to run that risk, given NYC ATC issues? Do you have an earlier flight option? I'd deal with a 4-5 hour layover over this one, IMO.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 10:10 am

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Even if it does run (I'm not sure) - do you really want to run that risk, given NYC ATC issues? Do you have an earlier flight option? I'd deal with a 4-5 hour layover over this one, IMO.
Do I really want to? No. I'm exploring my options.

Ideally, I would connect through PEK or NRT to get where I need to go in Korea. The PEK flight would be easier to make (about a 2 hour layover versus the <1 hour one for NRT), but I'm concerned about connecting through Beijing after all the hoopla this summer over their ATC delays.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
EWR: Connection Time From EWR Terminal A to B? How much time is needed?

Will be arriving on a United DAY-EWR flight in Terminal A, and connecting to a SAS EWR-CPH in Terminal B3, all on the same reservation confirmation number. United seems to have a bus/shuttle from A to B, then on to C. Using the United bus/shuttle from A to B, from the time I arrive in Terminal A, and finally to my gate at B3, how long does this take? How much time is needed? Also, if the bus was not operating, how long would it take to get from Terminal A to B using the AirTrain and going through security at B3? Will be arriving EWR Terminal A at 9:15 PM, and the SAS flight to CPH departs at 11 PM. I have a 1 hr. 45 min. connection time, but the DAY-EWR flight with United is consistently late and/or cancelled. Wanting to know how long it takes to get from A to B, either by the United bus/shuttle and using the AirTran and going through security at B3. Thanks.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 7:58 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
if everything is on-time, at that hour you should have no problem if you have to re-clear security, especially if you're *G. i would say exiting C, hopping on the air train and getting you to B will take about 15 minutes, give or take. clearing security will take 20 minutes. worst case scenario and everything is packed to the gills, i would say an hour, but at 9:15PM i would expect things to be pretty sparse.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Make sure you tell the bus driver you want to stop at B. They usually don't unless requested.

Also, if you are concerned about getting in to EWR on time, consider taking the next earlier flight that day.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
The fastest gate-to-gate connection is going to be with the bus, even if you have to wait a few minutes for it to depart. You wn't have to wait for the airtrain and you won't have to wait to reclear security.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.