Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
MCT for EWR (2012)

https://www.newarkairport.com/at-airport/connecting-flights

United Airlines operates a shuttle bus between Terminals A and C from 5:00am to 10:00pm. In addition, United also operates a shuttle bus connecting Terminal B to Terminals A and C from 10:00am to 10:00pm. The shuttle bus is available at gate A28, B67, and C70 as illustrated in the image above. This service is free and you will not have to go through TSA security again. Please note this shuttle is operated at the sole responsibility of United Airlines and is subject to modification at their discretion.

Archive: Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2013, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
How risky is this connection on award booking?

I've got an award on hold for CLT-EWR-CPH-LHR (UA first leg then SK in biz rest of way). Layover in EWR is 1 hr 15 min, and EWR-CPH leg departs at 11:30pm, so if the first leg is delayed, I fear an overnight stay in Newark. Would you find another way? It's high season to Europe so biz tickets are tough to come by. Thoughts? I could take an earlier CLT-EWR flight, but best case creates a 10 hour layover, and requires another day off work
Old Sep 25, 2013, 6:47 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Ouch. Can you look at something like CLT-LGA//EWR-CPH for now (not that that would be pleasant)? I mean...wow...that's just painful all around.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by stevenshev
Ouch. Can you look at something like CLT-LGA//EWR-CPH for now (not that that would be pleasant)? I mean...wow...that's just painful all around.
I don't see how that would be more pleasant? Alternatively, I could go CLT-LGA//JFK-MAD-LHR on AA/IB, but I was hoping for the night departure and to avoid a NYC airport change, both of which the CLT-EWR-CPH-LHR itinerary accomplished.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
UA Newark Dash 8 Gates

I haven't flown on a Dash8 from EWR before and I'm curious if they always depart for either A or C, or are a mixture of both?

The answer matters on the length of connection we book - I'm not happy with 45 minutes on a C to A transfer. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
I've only ever seen Dash operations run out of Terminal C. Terminal A seems to be pure ERJ.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by SeaRaptor
I've only ever seen Dash operations run out of Terminal C. Terminal A seems to be pure ERJ.
Add to that, i've mostly seen Dash8's out of C2 concourse only ... C3 is where most of the long-haul 777 docks, and C1 is predominantly Europe and domestic
Old Oct 25, 2013, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I wouldn't be happy with a 45 minute C to C transfer either
Old Oct 25, 2013, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by trekwars2000
I haven't flown on a Dash8 from EWR before and I'm curious if they always depart for either A or C, or are a mixture of both?

The answer matters on the length of connection we book - I'm not happy with 45 minutes on a C to A transfer. Thanks in advance.
Dash's tend to run from the C2 Concourse (C101 - 115 gates), although they do show up on the C1 Concourse (C70 - C99 gates) as well. So you should be fine with that 45 min connection as long as your origination flight departs on time.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
The Dash ops are out of C as their wingspan is too large (93' for the Q, about the same as a 737-500) to fit in most of the A-2 gates optimized for ERJ/CRJ ops with 65-70' spans.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Thanks all for the quick responses.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
45 minutes C to A is easily doable BTW. The really do keep those buses from A to C running hard to keep you on time.

EWR folks - werent the DASHes coming into TERM A first half of 2013 and recently consolidated into TERM C?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by LaserSailor
45 minutes C to A is easily doable BTW. The really do keep those buses from A to C running hard to keep you on time.

EWR folks - werent the DASHes coming into TERM A first half of 2013 and recently consolidated into TERM C?
No the Dash's have been departing/arriving from C for as long as I can remember don't recall them ever departing/arriving A.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 6:12 pm

Anyone know if it's possible to get to the LH/SAS lounges in B w/o an intl BP? Is it just a matter of asking the airside shuttle driver to stop there? Do they check your BP to make sure you're departing on a Terminal B flight?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
IN mid April: 1hr 35min connection time EDI-EWR-SFO? Is this realistic? We will have a checked bag or two.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mmack
IN mid April: 1hr 35min connection time EDI-EWR-SFO? Is this realistic? We will have a checked bag or two.
Very unlikely. You need to clear immigration, collect bags, clear the customs line, recheck bags, reclear security and get to the gate all within 1:15 (as the boarding door closes 20mins before departure). There are tons of EWR-SFO flights, can't you switch to one an hour later?

As a 1K US citizen with Global Entry and carry-on only I'd still feel slightly nervous about that connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.