Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
MCT for EWR (2012)

https://www.newarkairport.com/at-airport/connecting-flights

United Airlines operates a shuttle bus between Terminals A and C from 5:00am to 10:00pm. In addition, United also operates a shuttle bus connecting Terminal B to Terminals A and C from 10:00am to 10:00pm. The shuttle bus is available at gate A28, B67, and C70 as illustrated in the image above. This service is free and you will not have to go through TSA security again. Please note this shuttle is operated at the sole responsibility of United Airlines and is subject to modification at their discretion.

Archive: Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: One Pass
Agreed that the bus is the fastest way from A2 to B3 and you must tell the driver to stop at B. Just note that you must have your SAS boarding pass or you'll have to take the Airtrain to Terminal B.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 10:10 am

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
Take the bus. Maximum wait should be no more than 15 minutes and ride takes no more than another 3-5 minutes. While Airtrain may be a few minutes quicker, there is no way you want to risk facing a long line at B security.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 10:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...l-airport.html
Old Aug 7, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: Hyatt DMD, Marriott Plat, United GS, Hertz Plat
Resist the urge to exit security and take the air train. While security might not be a problem later in the evening, the air train can take forever. It breaks down and the later it is the longer it takes to get going again. I avoid the air train after 9pm if at all possible.

Echo the comments about asking the driver to stop at B. They don't stop unless notified. Also make sure the bus you get on is going to B/C as one of the buses will be going to other A gates.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 11:22 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by NJ Rob
Resist the urge to exit security and take the air train. While security might not be a problem later in the evening, the air train can take forever. It breaks down and the later it is the longer it takes to get going again. I avoid the air train after 9pm if at all possible.

Echo the comments about asking the driver to stop at B. They don't stop unless notified. Also make sure the bus you get on is going to B/C as one of the buses will be going to other A gates.
Thanks for all the info to everyone. Seems that my flight arrives 9:45 PM, hoping the bus is still operating at that time to Terminal B.

Last edited by swdke; Aug 7, 2013 at 2:34 pm
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by swdke
Will be flying into EWR Terminal A and need to get to B for a connecting SAS flight, EWR-CPH. I understand that there may be an airside United bus which goes from A to B ( upon request ) then to C. How frequent is this bus shuttle? And, does anyone know when the last shuttle to B would depart? My SAS flight departs at 11:30 PM, and I am to arrive EWR at about 9:45 PM. Thanks.
If the DAY-EWR flight is an hour delayed, (which it often is) and the United shuttle is operating from Terminal A to B, with previous 1 hr. 45 min. connection time reduced to a 45 min. connection time, will that be sufficient time to get from A to B3 via the shuttle?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by swdke
Thanks for all the info to everyone. Seems that my flight arrived 9:45 PM, hoping the bus is still operating at that time to Terminal B.
Regardless, I'd try and take the next earliest flight from DAY no matter what
Old Aug 11, 2013, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA MM
Another international to domestic connection time question

Facts: Arrive on UA from EDI 12:15 Sunday afternoon, early October. Carry on only. Gold. Need to go to BOS.

Choice: appears to be 1:59 PM or ~5PM departure (5 hours at EWR). Gold with international flight should get me into the RCC I believe.

Which would you choose?

thanks!
Old Aug 11, 2013, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I'd do the shorter connection - not that big of a gamble.

But I'd also shoot for getting GE in the interim!
Old Aug 11, 2013, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
Facts: Arrive on UA from EDI 12:15 Sunday afternoon, early October. Carry on only. Gold. Need to go to BOS.

Choice: appears to be 1:59 PM or ~5PM departure (5 hours at EWR). Gold with international flight should get me into the RCC I believe.

Which would you choose?

thanks!
I would select the 1:59. You should have plenty of time to make it, unless there is a major delay.

If you miss the 1:59 then you can always try the 5PM, or one of the later flights (which run till about 10 PM).
Old Aug 13, 2013, 11:32 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Did ALB EWR BOS this morning, deplaned at T-15 for connection...but...

It looks like UX has finally moved arrivals from TERM A to TERM C

I ran from Gate 71 to 90 and made connection, in FC

^ ^ ^
Old Aug 13, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Did ALB EWR BOS this morning, deplaned at T-15 for connection...but...

It looks like UX has finally moved arrivals from TERM A to TERM C

I ran from Gate 71 to 90 and made connection, in FC

^ ^ ^
I think it depends on the aircraft type. Even pre-merger, many express/connection flights served by Q400s departed from C rather than A. It seems like they're using A more for the routes served by E135/145s and CRJs.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Arriving EWR from Stockholm (ARN), scheduled 11:55 (Fri). I have global entry, and plan to carry on. Connection to DCA is currently a ~3p flight, but there's an earlier one at 12:50. What chances wouldI have of making the earlier flight (none, so-so, good), assuming on-time arrival?
Old Sep 2, 2013, 4:01 pm

Guys - not exactly a connection question but didn't want to open a new thread. ifly.com EWR wait times shows a max of 15m for tues even 5pm. Hence, would getting to the airport 90 mins prior be okay? (i don't have elite status on this United international flight to CDG)

Thx

also, what is the baggage drop-off cut off? 30 mins prior to departure?

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 2, 2013 at 5:14 pm Reason: merge
Old Sep 2, 2013, 5:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sam007
Guys - not exactly a connection question but didn't want to open a new thread. ifly.com EWR wait times shows a max of 15m for tues even 5pm. Hence, would getting to the airport 90 mins prior be okay? (i don't have elite status on this United international flight to CDG) ...
as a non-elite I would not do anything less than 90 minutes with bags to check.

Originally Posted by sam007
.... also, what is the baggage drop-off cut off? 30 mins prior to departure?
45 minutes before scheduled departure for domestic destinations

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.