Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Upgrade still waitlisted even though R (now PZ) class is available {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade still waitlisted even though R (now PZ) class is available {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Bonehead
I noted in my OP that the LHR>>IAH leg was R0, so that wasn't an option. As I'm sure you're aware, there would be no guarantee that the R inventory would be returned if the GPU was pulled.
Right you are - a misread on my part
Old Nov 2, 2014, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cfischer
I didn't get an Email either. Maybe they are working on the system. Definitely looks like things are improving for the last 3 RPU/GPU supported segments.
well, I was hoping they fixed the system ... I was sooooo hoping they fixed it. This morning I do my regular weekend check and discover my flight in 2 weeks is R1 and I am still in coach Called and the agent didn't understand what I wanted: Are you looking for a CPU Nope, GPU waitlisted! Took 5 minutes and a supervisor cleared it finally.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Add me to the list of those who have been bitten by the debacle that is the UA IT infrastructure (or programming ineptitude).
You've had a pretty good run, though.

As for me, it's just more of the same. In the past week, I've dealt with/am dealing with:

- 2 award tickets that did not redeposit online (crapped out at the end)
- 1 UA award reservation on CA that is showing fine in SHARES, but CA says UA canceled and refuses to give me seats for
- 1 new revenue ticket that gave me a Ticket Issuance Delay (100% UA metal), which voided the cert that was used and had to be reinstated and manually issued
- 1 2-cabin to 3-cabin aircraft swap that sold F upgrades at checkin, despite F being oversold and resulted in downgrades to J.

All in all, about 3 hours on the phone with UA in the past week, and the CA issue is still pending.

So given that, I'd say all these years, and you've only had this one CO IT issue, you're well ahead of the game.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by channa

So given that, I'd say all these years, and you've only had this one CO IT issue, you're well ahead of the game.
Yikes, what a week ...
Old Nov 2, 2014, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Avis First, Hertz PC
Well maybe, but what worries me is that two agents both expressed surprise that they couldn't apply the upgrade after agreeing with me that it was warranted (the first agent had transferred me to International, who also tried before contacting a supervisor). The front-line agents were in fact on my
By warranted were you in the top 3 on the upgrade list?

Or was it warranted because you could remove and re-apply?
Old Nov 5, 2014, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had an OGG-SFO waitlisted with regional (tight flight, F5), went R2, and upgrade still waitlisted.

First agent asked for my PIN, I said I've been through this a bunch of times, if you ask for my PIN, you will charge me a second upgrade, and this will become a 30-minute ordeal to clean up. She said the only way to confirm it was to charge me another upgrade and have me deal with MPSC to clean it up.

She put me on hold to check with a supervisor, after 15 minutes, I hung up (which I should have just done sooner).

Second agent was more familiar with the bug, 2 minute phone call, and it got done.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Y...1 UA award reservation on CA that is showing fine in SHARES, but CA says UA canceled and refuses to give me seats for...
Is that the airline that folks have been reporting that hackers are canceling their award tickets?

Originally Posted by johnden
By warranted were you in the top 3 on the upgrade list?

Or was it warranted because you could remove and re-apply?
The latter. If the LHR-IAH flight had not been R0, I would have removed/reapplied. As it stood, any new requests would have snatched the domestic upgrade, which is the basic systemic flaw.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Had an OGG-SFO waitlisted with regional (tight flight, F5), went R2, and upgrade still waitlisted.
Is it just me, or are these reports increasing in the past few weeks?

- 1 UA award reservation on CA that is showing fine in SHARES, but CA says UA canceled and refuses to give me seats for
Is that the airline that folks have been reporting that hackers are canceling their award tickets?
Yes, although that was "fixed" several months ago.

Since then there have been ongoing reports very similar to Channa's about CA claiming pax have no reservation. Not sure this is a UA issue. CA award bookings seem to raise *special* issues (such that I would avoid them if possible).
Old Nov 5, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Avis First, Hertz PC
The latter. If the LHR-IAH flight had not been R0, I would have removed/reapplied. As it stood, any new requests would have snatched the domestic upgrade, which is the basic systemic flaw.
In that case, if you get pushback, HUACA, cancel the upgrade and re-apply yourself online. Make up a good excuse for wanting to use the upgrade at another time if it makes you feel better. UA permits line cutting, but sometimes it still takes a bit of finesse to make it happen.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Just snagged a domestic upgrade at T-2 hrs, when R went from 0 to 1. I had been waitlisted for about 6 weeks with GPU. When I called I was 3rd on the list. I didn't explicitly ask the agent to upgrade me, just investigate why R=1 with at least one instrument eligible customer on the list.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

got a note this morning that ZRH-IAD cleared and yesterday evening is was most definitely R0. It's hit and miss.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfischer
got a note this morning that ZRH-IAD cleared and yesterday evening is was most definitely R0. It's hit and miss.
Either hit and miss or you just weren't checking when it became R>0.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 8:22 pm

First agent asked for my PIN, I said I've been through this a bunch of times, if you ask for my PIN, you will charge me a second upgrade, and this will become a 30-minute ordeal to clean up. She said the only way to confirm it was to charge me another upgrade and have me deal with MPSC to clean it up.

She put me on hold to check with a supervisor, after 15 minutes, I hung up (which I should have just done sooner).

Second agent was more familiar with the bug, 2 minute phone call, and it got done.
Have you tried the 1k direct MPSC line? It's different from the elite res line. Whenever I get a PIN agent I just call them right after and get the duplicate redeposited. No wait on hold, 2 minute process.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
Have you tried the 1k direct MPSC line? It's different from the elite res line. Whenever I get a PIN agent I just call them right after and get the duplicate redeposited. No wait on hold, 2 minute process.
Yup, I've tried that before. Been told that I have to wait until post travel, been told they had to get a SD to deposit it, been told it will post in a few days, and been taken care of by them.

Gotta love UA's inconsistency.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA(EXP)UA(1K/1MM) Marriott(PP,LifeTime Plat) Hertz(5*)
Wow. Two years later and still not fixed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.