Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My trivial gripe. What's yours?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 7:47 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by warrenw
But if it was in the middle you can't watch your show while eating at the same time.
Given the angles, you're looking down at everything, so I don't think the meal tray would really block the view of the screen (maybe the bottom edge)

Plus there's the whole rest of the flight when you aren't eating
Old May 8, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by Zorak
Given the angles, you're looking down at everything, so I don't think the meal tray would really block the view of the screen (maybe the bottom edge)

Plus there's the whole rest of the flight when you aren't eating
Oh wait, you're saying that the flip up is offset, not that it should be literally in the center of the tray. I thought you meant it should literally be in the center, in which case you couldn't have a meal tray + phone holder thing at the same time. Gotcha.
Old May 8, 2018, 9:13 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by warrenw
Oh wait, you're saying that the flip up is offset, not that it should be literally in the center of the tray. I thought you meant it should literally be in the center, in which case you couldn't have a meal tray + phone holder thing at the same time. Gotcha.
Yes, sorry! In retrospect I see why it was ambiguous I meant it should be centered left-to-right (while still being at the far edge of the tray table)
Old May 10, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by Miggles
The amount of carry-ons that people STILL bring on board. And the fact that roll-aboards still have not been banned. Those are my trivial gripes.

I was going to mention the numerous times I have been hit by backpacks by people who seem completely oblivious to the fact
that they now have something that extends ~10 inches further out from their back.....whilst they make a sudden turn.

I am tempted to make this my signature on FT: "Backpacks are for hiking, not flying!"

On reflection....this isn't so trivial to me after all...
Old May 10, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Miggles
The amount of carry-ons that people STILL bring on board. And the fact that roll-aboards still have not been banned. Those are my trivial gripes.
o_O Did I miss something? Why would/should roll-aboards be banned? From off the top of my head, I can't think of a single airline that does this? Should UA lead the way?
Old May 10, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by narvik
I was going to mention the numerous times I have been hit by backpacks by people who seem completely oblivious to the fact
that they now have something that extends ~10 inches further out from their back.....whilst they make a sudden turn.

I am tempted to make this my signature on FT: "Backpacks are for hiking, not flying!"

On reflection....this isn't so trivial to me after all...
I'll see your backpack hate and raise you "big purses" and "double-wide messenger bags."
narvik likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by LTBoston
I'll see your backpack hate and raise you "big purses" and "double-wide messenger bags."
This! Any sort of big side-carry bag is the bane of the aisle sitter. How hard is it to carry it in front of you when you walk to your seat?
Backpacks are only really a problem for people who don't wear them very often. I wear a backpack all the time and I'm used to maneuvering it without assaulting people or knocking into anything.

I also have an issue with anyone who packs a bag so heavy they can't safely get it up or down from the overhead themselves. I've had people drop these things on my head a couple of times, and they don't even apologize.
Coskigirl likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 4:59 pm

My least favorite is people who decide that because he/she put items into the overhead bin or compartment, No one else should use/share that space!?
Old May 10, 2018, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by kasmersensei
My least favorite is people who decide that because he/she put items into the overhead bin or compartment, No one else should use/share that space!?
And I don't suffer people who attempt to take bags out of the overhead and shift them to other overheads in order to accommodate theirs.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
I received the text saying I can check-in for my flight 46 minutes after check-in officially began.
Old May 29, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Lack of movie choices. I have seen/watched most of the newly released movies. United needs to update more frequently.
Old May 29, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MostlyUA
Lack of movie choices. I have seen/watched most of the newly released movies. United needs to update more frequently.
Yeah, I'll second this. Especially if you take a few long UA flights a month. The selection wears out very, very quickly.

Or at least have complete series to binge watch instead of just a few episodes... that would hold me over for a few flights.
Old May 29, 2018, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Every time we cross 10k feet and there’s the double chime, the flight attendant says the seatbelt sign is still on. Every. Single. Time. Don’t know why we can’t be trusted to just look at the sign.
Old May 29, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by meducate
I have another: the smaller-sized Polaris pajamas are too small for me, and the larger-sized pajamas are too large for me.
along those lines — the large size Polaris pajamas are both too big (baggy) and too small (short) for me!
Old May 30, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
I think this gripe deserves its own thread, but oh well. So i'm sitting here are Elway's in DEN headed to EWR. Of course there is already and air traffic control delay. Why can't the app tell me when the new expected boarding time is? I mean I really do not want to leave the bar, but I know my timing. It would just be so much easier if UAL could delay a flight and also tell us when the new boarding time would be.
Coskigirl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.