Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My trivial gripe. What's yours?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle

Trivial gripe, and appreciate I am probably a dinasour. :-)
My wife is a dinosaur too, she does not own a cellphone.

My trivial gripe: Captains that do not put "from the flight deck" on. After all, this differentiates United from other airlines so they should put it on.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by meducate
I have another: the smaller-sized Polaris pajamas are too small for me, and the larger-sized pajamas are too large for me.
I hate the polaris pants, they are like balloons no matter the size.

Originally Posted by chermorg
Surprisingly enough I have the opposite experience but same complaint. My local outstation is the only place I've been able to get card stock boarding passes.
If you ask at the counter, 99% of the time they can print cardstock for you if you specifically ask.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:07 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I read that some people have kept all the card stock boarding passes since their first flight years and years ago.
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Except that they would not write about it in a travel forum. We do not keep our boarding passes but when we read that some people kept all of them since their first flight, my wife was thinking how sad that she did not do that. Would have been many since 1960. She did keep the one for the one time she flew on the Concorde in 1994. But she does keep a list of all the airports she had flown in in the world.
I keep mine. Well I don't have them from when I was a kid, but once I reached adulthood and started flying I've kept every single one. It's fun, and the stack has really grown.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Not able to pre-order business or first meals online

No earning PQD on *A partner airlines unless ticket starts with 016
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:59 pm

Programs: UA MP (1K, 1MM)
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Grumpy older Flight Attendants on USA Asia (and visa versa )whom really don't care to serve or do anything more than the required minimum, thusly staying in the galley the whole flight unless their summoned. Especially when they give you stink eye for asking for something.
If you can figure out how to thaw those grump FAs, they're usually quite sweet. But it takes a LOT to get them to thaw.

Originally Posted by rodmanlama
My trivial gripe is when on flights returning to USA the FAs come around passing out the CBP forms and I tell them I don't need it and they still give me one "just in case." I hope that is trivial enough
My favorite is telling them I do not need a landing card when arriving at PVG; none of them seem to understand E-Channel. But then again, a lot of the agents working at the PVG airport don't understand how a 老外 like myself could use it either ...

Originally Posted by Austin787
Not able to pre-order business or first meals online
Ugggh, that would be wonderful!

My trivial complaint: Not being addressed by name, especially when meal orders are being taken. They have the paper with my name on it in their hands/on their tray and can look up to see if I'm 1K, Plat, or peon but nooooooo ... they never call me by my name. (And it's an easy last name akin to Smith or Jones.)
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
OK: Blocking the FC aisle at the front for flight deck crew to use the lav.
Not OK: Pilot or First Officer then stands at the galley chatting with the FA's for an additional 10+ minutes with the aisle blocked. It's not like you can walk up to the food cart/barricade and say, "do you mind?"
onthesam likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
OK: Blocking the FC aisle at the front for flight deck crew to use the lav.
Not OK: Pilot or First Officer then stands at the galley chatting with the FA's for an additional 10+ minutes with the aisle blocked. It's not like you can walk up to the food cart/barricade and say, "do you mind?"
I don't blame them....some of these flights can be pretty long and being stuck in the cockpit can be a drag. I can't imagine being stuck in a little enclosure like that for a long flight to SYD and if I were, you could bet that I would stretch my legs for 10+ minutes too.
joe_miami likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
2 trivial gripes:

1) Upgrade notifications should have animated confetti.
2) United should allow profile to include different seat preferences for redeye vs day flights. I like aisle seats except on redeyes, where I prefer windows.
Live4Upgrade likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat

- Morons who board wearing back packs and start spinning around
- Window seaters (2x seats) who step in the aisle early
- Balsamic freaking vinaigrette
Old Mar 10, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by wanderingkev

- Morons who board wearing back packs and start spinning around
- Window seaters (2x seats) who step in the aisle early
- Balsamic freaking vinaigrette
I think your first two are trivial gripes with UA passangers.

So just one - the dressing, which I always decline although now I know it is freaking I might give it a go on my next flight.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I think your first two are trivial gripes with UA passangers.

So just one - the dressing, which I always decline although now I know it is freaking I might give it a go on my next flight.
Fair point, I was having a whiny moment based on this weeks travel
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
I was just reminded of one of my favorite gripes. “Disabled” people boarding early, then taking an exit row seat.
Just boarded 785 from CLE to Chicago. As the disabled are called, 2 plainclothes guys with crew badges to the scanner. Gate agent questions them. “Disabled?” They way yep. GA says “you are in an exit row” in a very questioning tone. “Yep” they respond. GA then says “will you be able to help in an emergency?” They respond in the affirmative and board the plane.

I see people claiming to be “Disabled” in exit rows quite often... the fact it was crew doing it was icing on the cake. IMO if your disability is such that you require extra time to just put your luggage away, you have no business in an exit row.
iluv2fly and Live4Upgrade like this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by LordHamster
...Gate agent questions them. “Disabled?” They way yep. GA says “you are in an exit row” in a very questioning tone. “Yep” they respond. GA then says “will you be able to help in an emergency?” They respond in the affirmative and board the plane...
You discount the possibility of a miracle cure. In most cases, miracle cures occur when plane lands and disembarkation begins - people who needed wheelchairs and/or early boarding sprint off the plane. This might be a case of a miracle cure upon reaching exit row.
LordHamster and chermorg like this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
GAs who call GS + Group 1 boarding at the same time from small airports. With the money I spent on UA last year, at least give me 20 seconds to get in front of Group 1.

Happened last night in Terminal A at EWR. I complained to the GA that he needs to sign up for remedial training.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
In most cases, miracle cures occur when plane lands and disembarkation begins - people who needed wheelchairs and/or early boarding sprint off the plane.
Typically on flights to Florida.
onthesam likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.