Wiki Posts
Search

My trivial gripe. What's yours?

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2018, 5:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
Originally Posted by segiddins
Every time we cross 10k feet and there’s the double chime, the flight attendant says the seatbelt sign is still on. Every. Single. Time. Don’t know why we can’t be trusted to just look at the sign.
It's a standard announcement. It's for people who see FAs getting up and they assume they can, as well.

Maybe you can see it and decide to follow it, but the fact that I have to remind people the light is on while they're tarzaning their way down the aisle (using seatbacks instead of vines) in moderate turbulence frequently means that the average flier cannot or will not.
Old May 30, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: Fomerly UA 1K, now Gold... next year, who knows?
This is pretty trivial... almost petty...

When boarding in Hawaii destination LAX, I ask for a vodka, club soda, and lemon for PDB, but they can't give out lemon until the plane is in the air.
I asked, and the (illogical) explanation is that if for some reason I should deplane, there's a risk of an insect or something coming off the plane with me. Whatever the risk, I can't see how it's any different than when I deplane upon arrival in Hawaii.
Old May 30, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Fun thread. Orange juice or water versus PDB pick. It’s happened quite a lot recently even on domestic flights (I know Polaris had a service change where this is the new norm).
Old May 30, 2018, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
The phone’s battery

It’s part of the announcement about dropping phones and not moving seats, presumably to avoid starting a battery fire. Fine, I suppose. However, while smart phones are remarkable, they’re not (yet) sentient. Inanimate objects shouldn’t take a possessive “s.”
Old May 30, 2018, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
The pesto is at the bottom of the "Caprese cup" at the LAX UC. I'd rather have them just spoon it on top. I don't know if this inconvenience extends to other Clubs.
Old May 30, 2018, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boat9781
Fun thread. Orange juice or water versus PDB pick. It’s happened quite a lot recently even on domestic flights (I know Polaris had a service change where this is the new norm).
My PDB experience in the last week resulted in "anything you want from the cart" the whole way (OGG-LAX, LAX-IAH, LAS-LAX, LAX-OGG). I rode in coach IAH-LAS, so not sure what happened up front on that flight.
Old May 31, 2018, 1:30 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
The pesto is at the bottom of the "Caprese cup" at the LAX UC. I'd rather have them just spoon it on top. I don't know if this inconvenience extends to other Clubs.
Same at IAH-A yesterday.

Add-on gripe: they put salami or something in the cup and not prosciutto.
Old May 31, 2018, 2:03 am

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Trivial gripes!
Old May 31, 2018, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
Trivial gripes!
Exactly!! And why I started the thread. We all think them, now we can type them...
Old May 31, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: UA MP Gold
I personally can't stand how United puts their credit card holders in group 2. Put them in group three and then consolidate 4 and 5 into one.
Old May 31, 2018, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Yeah, I'll second this. Especially if you take a few long UA flights a month. The selection wears out very, very quickly.

Or at least have complete series to binge watch instead of just a few episodes... that would hold me over for a few flights.
Sometimes the episode list is a really weird selection, such as, say, 2, 4, 5, 6. Why?? I have gotten lucky with some shows, i.e. that they just happen to include the ones I missed, but I find the composition inexplicable.

Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
It’s part of the announcement about dropping phones and not moving seats, presumably to avoid starting a battery fire. Fine, I suppose. However, while smart phones are remarkable, they’re not (yet) sentient. Inanimate objects shouldn’t take a possessive “s.”
Interesting. So should it instead be 'the phone battery'? Or 'the battery of the phone'? Or ...?
Old May 31, 2018, 8:51 am

My gripe is that the app doesn't automatically subscribe you for notifications on flights that you are booked/checked in on.
Old May 31, 2018, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by fumje
Interesting. So should it instead be 'the phone battery'? Or 'the battery of the phone'? Or ...?
In fact you don’t need to mention the phone; I hope it doesn’t come as a surprise to people that a cellphone has a battery. Problem solved.
Old May 31, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
My trivial gripe is opening up the boarding pass on the iPhone app in a dark room, only to be blinded because it goes to full bright!
Old May 31, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
...salami or something in the cup and not prosciutto.
Salami is "Brooklyn" prosciutto

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.