Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My trivial gripe. What's yours?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2024, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by narvik
I wasn't even aware they still had port; it used to be offered with the cheese plate before from the cart, but seems to be missing for a while. So they still actually have it?

Cheese: a nice blue cheese would be awesome. Used to be the norm, but I haven't seen blue cheese on the platter for a while now....and that's not trivial!

The port are mini bottles and are usually loaded on the cart.
narvik likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by narvik

It is 10 cents for me, but they rounded to a dollar for the image
Old Jan 26, 2024, 8:30 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
The terrace at the LAX UC was closed yesterday because it had "rained" earlier and it was "wet" out there.
FriendlySkies and nexus7556 like this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 9:08 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Titanium / LT Plat
This is indeed trivial...

Go to search a multi-city trip - select some date a few months out as your first departure, the second (and subsequent) calendar selections will start with the current month. Should be a smart default on the calendar of at least the same month as the first one entreated, in the screen grab below it should default to March as the first month. I don't think the system would let me book something that goes back in time (except the Island Hopper? LOL!).

Old Jan 26, 2024, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by paule123
The terrace at the LAX UC was closed yesterday because it had "rained" earlier and it was "wet" out there.
I could go on ad nauseam about the sensibilities of southern Californians and weather. But I'll spare y'all. I'll only just add that as a resident of southern California this does not constitute a trivial gripe for me!
Old Jan 26, 2024, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Do you know what really gets my goat, when they make some sort of schedule change, maybe a change of city, and I download the receipt: it no longer shows the PQP per segment or, worse, aggregates them. Hmmm. I have a spreadsheet to update. Wars have been started in Europe for less.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 5:18 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by paule123
Hahahah yeah. Last time this happened to me, there was like maybe a light mist...
Old Jan 26, 2024, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by physioprof
Hahahah yeah. Last time this happened to me, there was like maybe a light mist...
To help those not familiar with southern california -- rain is like the "first snow" of the year in north when everyone has to relearn how to drive... It's truly hazardous to be on the roads lol... After months of little to no precipitation -- just a little rain can make roads like a skating rink...
Old Jan 26, 2024, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
To help those not familiar with southern california -- rain is like the "first snow" of the year in north when everyone has to relearn how to drive... It's truly hazardous to be on the roads lol... After months of little to no precipitation -- just a little rain can make roads like a skating rink...
In FL you will get run over in torrential downpours and hurricanes if you don’t maintain +10 over speed limit.
bmwe92fan likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 7:53 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kulak
In FL you will get run over in torrential downpours and hurricanes if you don’t maintain +10 over speed limit.
Unless you're in the left lane. Then you must go -30.

I was pleasantly surprised that when in LA last weekend, people actually seemed to handle the rain like sane people. Then again, it's the winter, so LA drivers expect some rain this time of year. FL drivers have zero excuse for the left lane sluggery.

We did see some closures in LA due to rain, though.
nexus7556 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
rain is like the "first snow" of the year in north when everyone has to relearn how to drive... It's truly hazardous to be on the roads lol...
Yeah, I just avoid the highways. I am fortunate to be in a position where this isn't a problem.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 7:48 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by kulak
Except when the December fog rolls in on the northern Gulf Coast and everyone’s going 20 under the limit. And then your flight gets diverted to some place like Dothan, Alabama because said fog has made for unsafe landing conditions along the coast and then things can get a bit weird in terms of getting you to your scheduled destination.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Except when the December fog rolls in on the northern Gulf Coast and everyone’s going 20 under the limit. And then your flight gets diverted to some place like Dothan, Alabama because said fog has made for unsafe landing conditions along the coast and then things can get a bit weird in terms of getting you to your scheduled destination.
Been there done that. The NW Florida area and fog are not good for flights.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
“Sunny So Cal” is a bit of a myth! There’s June Gloom, March this, April that. It’s always something!

Never mind floods, mud slides, and fires.
Say Vandelay likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.