Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My trivial gripe. What's yours?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
does me being Australian and spelling stuff with a S not a z annoy you too?

I hate no slippers on a flight.
Last week on UA 984 from CDG to SFO, there was a stack of slippers in the overhead bin. The FA on FC said "sorry, we don't have any slippers."

My pet gripe: finding a stray almond on my seat when I board.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Stingy loading of Buffalo Trace. Annoying (but replicated with e.g. Woodford on Delta); really annoying when you are on a delay with the door still open and they claim the are already out. No one has the number for catering?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
I booked an itinerary through corporate travel that is one segment on UA and one on B6. For the latter United.com says "Operated By Top Air".
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA PPro, TP Gold, UA Silver, Bonvoy/Hilton Gold, Global Entry
I finally got my Platinum member kit and card in the mail, and it looks really cheap - even my student ID looks more impressive
Old Jun 26, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Older travelers in J who happen to be sitting next to you that have too many glasses of "German white wine" and then start belting Diana Ross songs in the middle of a TATL. The slightly colicky baby in the bulkhead bassinet was more enjoyable.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by DENflyer3
1. Still being offered the survey when I call the GS line. I call the line because I want a quick resolution to something, and they are taking up another 15 seconds asking me if I want to take this damn survey! NO I DON'T AND I WANT TO BE PERMANENTLY REMOVED FROM YOU ASKING ME ABOUT IT.
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Those several seconds it takes from the moment you scan your boarding pass to the point where the reader beeps to confirm to the dragon that you're allowed in.
I would combine these two and say having to respond yes I'm okay sitting in the exit row when my boarding pass is scanned (I'm in row 21 if not upgraded about 95% of time). I totally understand asking me once I'm seated on the plane, as a regulated safety check before departure, but you'd think if I'm okay sitting in an exit row over and over and I keep intentionally picking those seats, United/FAA could assume I'm okay sitting there pre-boarding.

I've taken to asking the GA "Okay sitting in an exit row?" before the angry beep comes back, and they usually respond "yes" with a smile due to the role reversal.
SPN Lifer and pfpdx like this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Older travelers in J who happen to be sitting next to you that have too many glasses of "German white wine" and then start belting Diana Ross songs in the middle of a TATL. The slightly colicky baby in the bulkhead bassinet was more enjoyable.
I would sing along with them. When you've got lemons, make lemonade!
Old Jun 26, 2018, 5:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Flew UA for the first time in years yesterday. We were in coach. My trivial gripe was that the entertainment system controls were built into the armrests and were located so that my elbow was constantly activating them by accident.
pfpdx likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
The snack box with licorice has (1) piece hermetically sealed

what’s the budget for a second piece........
Old Jun 28, 2018, 2:59 pm

My wife just got an email informing her that due to a lack of dry ice, there would be no ice cream on her LHR-SFO flight tomorrow.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by prometa
I would combine these two and say having to respond yes I'm okay sitting in the exit row when my boarding pass is scanned (I'm in row 21 if not upgraded about 95% of time). I totally understand asking me once I'm seated on the plane, as a regulated safety check before departure, but you'd think if I'm okay sitting in an exit row over and over and I keep intentionally picking those seats, United/FAA could assume I'm okay sitting there pre-boarding.

I've taken to asking the GA "Okay sitting in an exit row?" before the angry beep comes back, and they usually respond "yes" with a smile due to the role reversal.
I just say "yes" before they even answer the question. They usually just smile and let me through.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 10:11 am

Cancelled flight on the perfect itinerary to Hawaii. 10 hours of travel time, 2 flights, family of 4 together becomes 16 hours of travel time, 3 flights, family of 4 dispersed throughout the airplane, including my 12 month old being given a middle seat by herself. UA issues 4x $150 gift certificates. Thanks, I guess?

So I go to reuse my 4 vouchers on the next trip. Nope, can only use 3 at a time, even with 4 travelers.

I. HATE. UNITED.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mbcijim10
Cancelled flight on the perfect itinerary to Hawaii. 10 hours of travel time, 2 flights, family of 4 together becomes 16 hours of travel time, 3 flights, family of 4 dispersed throughout the airplane, including my 12 month old being given a middle seat by herself. UA issues 4x $150 gift certificates. Thanks, I guess?

So I go to reuse my 4 vouchers on the next trip. Nope, can only use 3 at a time, even with 4 travelers.

I. HATE. UNITED.
The vouchers can be combined if you call. There are several posts from the past year or so describing experiences in this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...gether-66.html
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Mbcijim10

I. HATE. UNITED.
You're off-topic for the thread since this is a non-trivial complaint.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UA is inconsistent when it comes to pairing flight numbers.

UA1 is SFO-SIN; UA2 is SIN-SFO...
but UA6 is NRT-IAH and UA7 is IAH-NRT, and the new UA28 is SIN-SFO while UA29 is SFO-SIN.

The ex-US flights should be odd, and the to-US flight should be even... or westbound flights should be odd and eastbound flights should be even.

Pick a pattern, United!
zspitzer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.