Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Pajamas in Polaris -- Experiences, How to Request UA PJs, Changing Logistics, ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Recent changes to United's policy on pajamas and slippers increased the official availability from flights '12+ hours' to flights '14+ hours'.
There are currently (October/November 2023) mixed reports about actual availability, with some shorter than 14-hour flights still being provisioned with pajamas and slippers.

The printed on-board menu reads:

"Sleep soundly in the sky
Slippers are available by request on all international flights, along with pajamas for flights scheduled 14+ hours.
Ask your flight attendant if you'd like them."

Previous Wiki updated February 22, 2023, left here until final eligible routes can be established:

"On flights longer than 12 hours, we also offer 100% cotton pajamas upon request." (https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...laris-FAQ.aspx )
Pajamas are provisioned for about half of the eligible seats.
Flights with pajama service (for both directions)
SFO - ICN, PEK, PVG, TPE , AKL , HKG , CTU, SYD, TLV, SIN
EWR - TLV, NRT, PEK , DEL, BOM, HKG, PVG, CPT, JNB
ORD - NRT, PEK, PVG, HKG
LAX - PVG, SYD, MEL
IAD - NRT, PEK
IAH - NRT, SYD
(from United Twitter feed https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyjFHZLWEAAQV7X
New flights have been added, and some flights ended)

Note: United employee shop sells pajamas for $9.99 a pair as of 12/10/20

Print Wikipost

Pajamas in Polaris -- Experiences, How to Request UA PJs, Changing Logistics, ....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2021, 4:42 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
I think you have to ask for them anymore. I received mine, the TEAM USA version for the Olympics, by asking. This was in mid-August on Polaris from HND to ORD)
DrVC likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 5:03 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
I got them last month NRT-EWR without asking, they came around with them before I even got settled in.
DrVC, narvik and Aussienarelle like this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 10:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Platinum, BA Gold
I flew CPT - EWR on Dec 6 and while the crew was pretty bad at everything else, they did proactively offer pajamas (two sizes S/M and L/XL).
DrVC and Aussienarelle like this.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, VA Platinum
Pajamas available on request SYD-SFO last week. Same light grey ones from 2019, but now also with same-colour light-grey pants. I forgot to ask about slippers which were not provided at the seat. I saw mattress pads in the overhead bin above seat 1K/2K.
DrVC and Aussienarelle like this.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 11:38 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
PJ's on BOM-EWR-BOM in November - have to request as usual... (Hate the 789s!)

Maybe pre-Covid they used to hand them out proactively, but I'm usually last to board anyway...
carl9331 and DrVC like this.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I have a flight to SYD in a couple of weeks
Not all that recent, but I flew SFO-SYD-SFO about 6 months ago and received PJ both on the way over in J, and also on the way back in Y! (return flight was near empty, so the crew decided to look after me with all of the J amenities, including blanket, pillows, and even breakfast even thought I was up the back!)
seanp7, DrVC, truncated and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 1:14 am

Programs: UA MM 1K/*G & Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
When I flew in mid-Nov, the SFO-DEL crew provided PJs on request and the DEL-SFO distributed proactively at the start and put out a bunch on the counter area in front of first row.

Since I was flying for the first time after Jan ‘20, I was disappointed that these were the same Grey as in 2019 version and I missed the Olympics version…

Mattress pads were given upon request as in the past.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Any recent experience with pajamas in Polaris? I have SFO-SIN-SFO booked next week. It's one of the longest of the long hauls, so I'm hoping they've returned this service item.

Edited to add: Sorry, didn't see this thread. Looks like I'm set for SFO-SIN-SFO. :-)

Last edited by Lori_Q; Jan 30, 2022 at 8:08 am Reason: Time passes.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Lori_Q
Any recent experience with pajamas in Polaris? I have SFO-SIN-SFO booked next week. It's one of the longest of the long hauls, so I'm hoping they've returned this service item.
I don't think PJs were ever removed - but we had them in Nov 2021 on the BOM route...tried to fly earlier, but was not able to...
Old Jan 26, 2022, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I don't think PJs were ever removed - but we had them in Nov 2021 on the BOM route...tried to fly earlier, but was not able to...
PJ were readily available on TPE-SFO two weeks ago.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Are they still handing our pajamas in Polaris these days?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 26, 2022 at 11:50 am Reason: moved PJ thread
Old Mar 26, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 1kBill
Are they still handing our pajamas in Polaris these days?
They came around handing them out EWR-NRT 2 weeks ago.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
There was a lady in the PJs on my ORD-FRA flight a few days ago. Though I can't say if she was given them on board or brought them with her. (Yes, some people do that)
Old Mar 26, 2022, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gmt4
There was a lady in the PJs on my ORD-FRA flight a few days ago. Though I can't say if she was given them on board or brought them with her. (Yes, some people do that)
I have for europe flights. Not ashamed.

Were they the new style (mismatched colour top/bottom) or old (blue accent on collar)?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fumje
I have for europe flights. Not ashamed.

Were they the new style (mismatched colour top/bottom) or old (blue accent on collar)?
I believe they were dark gray with the united logo on the front? Saw her as I was in the galley area waiting for the lavatory. Didn't think much else of it at the time.

They did have slippers placed at each seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.