Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Pajamas in Polaris -- Experiences, How to Request UA PJs, Changing Logistics, ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Recent changes to United's policy on pajamas and slippers increased the official availability from flights '12+ hours' to flights '14+ hours'.
There are currently (October/November 2023) mixed reports about actual availability, with some shorter than 14-hour flights still being provisioned with pajamas and slippers.

The printed on-board menu reads:

"Sleep soundly in the sky
Slippers are available by request on all international flights, along with pajamas for flights scheduled 14+ hours.
Ask your flight attendant if you'd like them."

Previous Wiki updated February 22, 2023, left here until final eligible routes can be established:

"On flights longer than 12 hours, we also offer 100% cotton pajamas upon request." (https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...laris-FAQ.aspx )
Pajamas are provisioned for about half of the eligible seats.
Flights with pajama service (for both directions)
SFO - ICN, PEK, PVG, TPE , AKL , HKG , CTU, SYD, TLV, SIN
EWR - TLV, NRT, PEK , DEL, BOM, HKG, PVG, CPT, JNB
ORD - NRT, PEK, PVG, HKG
LAX - PVG, SYD, MEL
IAD - NRT, PEK
IAH - NRT, SYD
(from United Twitter feed https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyjFHZLWEAAQV7X
New flights have been added, and some flights ended)

Note: United employee shop sells pajamas for $9.99 a pair as of 12/10/20

Print Wikipost

Pajamas in Polaris -- Experiences, How to Request UA PJs, Changing Logistics, ....

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:56 pm

UA871 - it was a pajama fest. CA walked down the aisle offering everyone a set of L/XL PJs. Not a single S/M one available though...
Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle
UA 917 - PJs in stock tonight.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:51 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
UA850 PEK to ORD has no PJ's on April 4th, was told by FA they have been shorting this flight for weeks.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle
UA 916 (akl-sfo) - PJs in stock.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:35 am

I know these guys fit like garbage bags, but has the sizing gotten more appropriate? I usually grab a pair to my destination and I use them as PJs for the duration of the trip. This time around I got S/M like I usually do. Although they still fit really loose I noticed the length of the shirt and sleeves are much shorter. Not sure if it's defective or if they tried to size more appropriately this time around?

Originally Posted by hookthem
The PJs are crap anyhow. Any frequent flier will have their own sleeping outfit.

I still have old Qantas pajamas that are used to clean up dog messes. UA one will be used accordingly. Why even bother
I usually do long haul flights in sweats and comfortable shirts so it's no issue, but while these aren't any high quality PJs, I use them on a 2 week trip with no issue. In fact the last pair I got in December, I brought them home and have been wearing them since as regular PJs. I don't wear them 100% of the time but I'd say they've gotten wear 2-3 times a week for the past 4 months. They're holding up just fine.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: UNITED 1K, THAI ROP GOLD, Marriott PLAT, Hilton Gold
was on UA143 APR 5 and they had PJ's and bed liners DEN to NRT

was on UA142 APR 15 and they had PJ's and bed liners NRT to DEN

No issue whats so ever. Great crew on the 15th...
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:39 pm

There was a plethora of PJs available on MEL-LAX on 4/28
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:21 am

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
got pjs on sfo hnd 3 weeks ago -though this is well under the 12hr min
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:29 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
Was offered the “new” pajamas today on SFO -> HKG and they definitely look cheaper than the old ones. When i kinda winced at the new ones, the FA found a pair of the old ones for me (which I really love).
DELee likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by FoxFlyer
Was offered the “new” pajamas today on SFO -> HKG and they definitely look cheaper than the old ones. When i kinda winced at the new ones, the FA found a pair of the old ones for me (which I really love).
Will have my first look at the new ones this week, and based on the photos and info on onemileatatime here, they do look like a downgrade.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: UA Plat
New ones look like something they give you when you first arrive to prison.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 7:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SwaBiz
New ones look like something they give you when you first arrive to prison.
Matching the meal service . . . .
username, iluv2fly, SS255 and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Will have my first look at the new ones this week, and based on the photos and info on onemileatatime here, they do look like a downgrade.
Ugh! I'm so glad that I have been stockpiling the old ones a bit. After a washing, they are so soft, and my favorite PJs. We'll have to see with those new ones, but they don't look promising.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
SFO-SIN last week, they were able to find a pair of the old style when I requested them. NRT-EWR yesterday they only had the new ones. Comfort-wise the new ones aren't really that different. The single biggest downside of the new ones is that you're a walking billboard for Polaris. They'll probably have more people leave them behind for this reason alone. Check out the back of the shirt.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:02 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
ORD-PVG 10 days ago still had the old style. It seems that the Purser wanted to get rid of them as she took a big pile and asked each passenger if they wanted one. Some who first said no then changed their mind and took one.

We have 35 of them. They accumulate rather rapidly. When we were at count 24 my wife told me that we should stop asking for them but she must have forgotten about it as she got some on our last flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.