Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Pajamas in Polaris -- Experiences, How to Request UA PJs, Changing Logistics, ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Recent changes to United's policy on pajamas and slippers increased the official availability from flights '12+ hours' to flights '14+ hours'.
There are currently (October/November 2023) mixed reports about actual availability, with some shorter than 14-hour flights still being provisioned with pajamas and slippers.

The printed on-board menu reads:

"Sleep soundly in the sky
Slippers are available by request on all international flights, along with pajamas for flights scheduled 14+ hours.
Ask your flight attendant if you'd like them."

Previous Wiki updated February 22, 2023, left here until final eligible routes can be established:

"On flights longer than 12 hours, we also offer 100% cotton pajamas upon request." (https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...laris-FAQ.aspx )
Pajamas are provisioned for about half of the eligible seats.
Flights with pajama service (for both directions)
SFO - ICN, PEK, PVG, TPE , AKL , HKG , CTU, SYD, TLV, SIN
EWR - TLV, NRT, PEK , DEL, BOM, HKG, PVG, CPT, JNB
ORD - NRT, PEK, PVG, HKG
LAX - PVG, SYD, MEL
IAD - NRT, PEK
IAH - NRT, SYD
(from United Twitter feed https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyjFHZLWEAAQV7X
New flights have been added, and some flights ended)

Note: United employee shop sells pajamas for $9.99 a pair as of 12/10/20

Print Wikipost

Pajamas in Polaris -- Experiences, How to Request UA PJs, Changing Logistics, ....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
fwiw, I got pajamas EWR-TLV
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Spire, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz P.C., GE/NEXUS
Got a few when Polaris first rolled out, no need to use the Lavs at all for changing, on TPACs I wear them underneath zip-up hoodie and jeans then just slip out of the jeans underneath the big comforter/blanket after the first meal and the lights dim, and put them back on shortly before the arrival meal. I also always pick the window odd-numbered seat on 77Ws for max privacy. *Caveat - don't do this on the Dreamliners or the IPTE seats lol
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: AA PPro, TP Gold, UA Silver, Bonvoy/Hilton Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by YYCowboy
Got a few when Polaris first rolled out, no need to use the Lavs at all for changing, on TPACs I wear them underneath zip-up hoodie and jeans then just slip out of the jeans underneath the big comforter/blanket after the first meal and the lights dim, and put them back on shortly before the arrival meal. I also always pick the window odd-numbered seat on 77Ws for max privacy. *Caveat - don't do this on the Dreamliners or the IPTE seats lol
Imagine being stuck in the middle section of the 772, when your seatmate starts undressing

I've really appreciated the pajamas -- they're always a neat souvenir for family when I fly home.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL DM, UA 1K, MR PP
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
I imagine LAX-SIN (and SIN-LAX) must be eligible for pajama service, right? I don't see it in the Wiki, but just thought I'd ask...maybe someone can confirm?
Make sure to request at boarding (emphasis AT). While receiving PDB SFO - HKG this week asked for pajamas and was told they were out, and had only "loaded a couple pairs". As a 1K me and SO were boarded fairly early, <50% of J on 773 was loaded when requested.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by JMBResona
I've really appreciated the pajamas -- they're always a neat souvenir for family when I fly home.
The PJ's likability and usefulness are directly proportional to the likelihood UA will eliminate them.
Kannai and ExplorerWannabe like this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Requested PJs on PVG-EWR 2/16 and was told they do not offer it on this flight. I asked FA to check and she went to the galley, came back and said she was sure they were not on board.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:20 am

Wife is currently on UA917. When she asked for her pajamas, the curt answer was: "We don't do that anymore. All done.". My wife was one of the first two people to board the flight, so no one could have requested the pajamas before her. She was going to ask for the inflight service manager, as soon as boarding ended, to find out what is going on.

Anyone hear of United eliminating the pajamas, or is this just another example of the way United cabin attendants handle things/
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: UA 2MM
No PJs on UA872 TPE-SFO today. FA claimed this was due to supply issues in Chicago. I managed to have 2 glasses of champagne (Devaux) before they ran out. Wine is only stocked from USA and is not replenished in TPE, as discussed previously.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I updated the wiki to remove / add services that have been ended / commenced since Polaris introduced.

I also added asterisks to the locations for which there were recent reports (here or in the other thread) that indicated PJs were missing in at least one direction.

From the limited sampling, the pattern looks like SFO may have a shortage or restocking issue, and that maybe they are preferentially allocating to SIN. Hoping for quick resolution, but we all saw what happened with the ice cream bowls.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
No PJs on UA872 TPE-SFO today. FA claimed this was due to supply issues in Chicago. I managed to have 2 glasses of champagne (Devaux) before they ran out. Wine is only stocked from USA and is not replenished in TPE, as discussed previously.
I was on this same flight today and forgot to ask to Pajamas (Last time I got one was on a 747 flight). Anyways slept well still , I had the red wine which was nice along with the Salmon.
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by CarlL
Wife is currently on UA917. When she asked for her pajamas, the curt answer was: "We don't do that anymore. All done.". My wife was one of the first two people to board the flight, so no one could have requested the pajamas before her. She was going to ask for the inflight service manager, ....
She’d have better luck asking for the “International Purser”.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 18, 2019 at 2:38 pm Reason: repaired quote
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA Exp Plat, UA 1K MM, DL Plat Hyatt Globalist, MGM Noir
No pajamas on UA 881

Originally Posted by CarlL
Wife is currently on UA917. When she asked for her pajamas, the curt answer was: "We don't do that anymore. All done.". My wife was one of the first two people to board the flight, so no one could have requested the pajamas before her. She was going to ask for the inflight service manager, as soon as boarding ended, to find out what is going on.

Anyone hear of United eliminating the pajamas, or is this just another example of the way United cabin attendants handle things/
I am currently on UA 881. I received the same curt if not snippy response when I requested pajamas at boarding. Apparently this is another of the many cuts to the Polaris product.

I must say, this is the worst cabin crew I have had to endure is quite some time. Rude and unprofessional. They told me they were out of my first meal choice. Yet, miraculously, they had enough to serve the NR sitting in front of me. I thought non-revs took what was left after all others were served.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: None anymore
It's funny, flying EVA they are almost offended when you DON'T take the PJ's... I didn't want them on my last flight because I already had two pairs in my bag already but they gave them to me anyway LOL

If only UA had the same "problem."
flyme2, restlessinRNO and DELee like this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA GS; Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott, Hyatt; Hertz
Was informed by lead on 886 (SFO-HKG) that PJs are out of stock at the supplier. Been that way for a week, and likely to continue. Maybe they will get better ones.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:23 pm

This is quite annoying. I've been using PJs on my trips now and stopped packing my own PJs. But I may need to start packing them again if UA isn't a reliable supplier for my work PJs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.