Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:49 pm

Programs: 3 MMer
Can't buy a ticket --- error's out!
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:49 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Thanks (I guess) - good to know it's not just me.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Plat, SPG/M P75 and few from CC
same here, all kinds of error
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Yup. Just searched for flights to YYZ and another to PHX, and constantly getting the "we don't have any flights here" message. I see that occasionally once in a blue moon, but usually just starting the search again will pull up the flights. Interestingly, looking on the app about an hour ago was fine - don't know if the app somehow gets data differently, or if it was working fine then, and not now.

Also, trying to get account details fails. Clicking on my account after being fully logged in would either bring me to another login page, and would never do so, or would bring me to a details page that was full of 0s.

Yeah, something's not right.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:05 pm

Everything is broken. Can't even log in sometimes. Once you login, it shows me there are zero award flights available anywhere in the world at any price. Nice work United IT...
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:11 pm

Yup, it is extremely glitchy. Very few moments it will work, but I wouldn’t leave it to a chance.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:32 pm

Just got off the phone with United. First agent was 100% clueless, had no idea that anything was wrong. I told her that their website was telling me there are no award seats to anywhere in the world at any price. Long pause. She transferred me so the Premiere line. That agent confessed there was some system upgrade going on overnight. He asked me for details on what I was searching on. I gave them. He said he was getting errors to, and he could find no award seats to anywhere in the world either

He had no ETA for their system work to be completed, and suggested I wait 24 hours. Oy vey.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
wish I'd read this thread before wasting the last 30 minutes! I'm having issues finding paid flights as well as awards. Can't fly anywhere, anytime. Wonder how much this is costing UA?

On the plus side, I'd say it's a non-zero probability that when everything comes back online, I'll find a 10K partner first class award to somewhere. Something to hope for!
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by cricketer
wish I'd read this thread before wasting the last 30 minutes! I'm having issues finding paid flights as well as awards. Can't fly anywhere, anytime. Wonder how much this is costing UA?

On the plus side, I'd say it's a non-zero probability that when everything comes back online, I'll find a 10K partner first class award to somewhere. Something to hope for!
Probably not costing them anything. Those trying to redeem miles....have UA miles and are unable to redeem them. That's a plus for United, they love those of us who have big amounts of UA miles and don't spend them.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:28 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
Probably not costing them anything. Those trying to redeem miles....have UA miles and are unable to redeem them. That's a plus for United, they love those of us who have big amounts of UA miles and don't spend them.
I'm having the same issues trying to book a paid ticket though...
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:41 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
and aeroplan is down for maintenance as well. bummer.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Surprise came there none. Same old story after any United IT upgrade. They don't seem to learn.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:28 am

Just after midnight Pacific time (2 am Chicago time) it appears things have begun to settle down - I got my stuff done.

If you were stymied earlier tonight, you might want to take a crack at it now.

Whew!
Old Aug 14, 2018, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Does anyone run into problem of redeeming the electronic travel certificate? I did not see that option online last night when I was trying to purchase a ticket
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 1K
Never seen this one - multiple of my upcoming trips are showing IAH as STL as either the point of origin or destination. This is occurred on the ap this morning, and just now on the website. It even showed "St Louis, MO to Midland, TX" STL > MAF, as an example, but this happened with multiple upcoming trips to and from various domestic locations always replacing IAH and STL. When clicked through past the preview page, on the app or website, it showed the correct flights (in the example its just a direct IAH > MAF. Any reports of this? I assume its just a weird bug.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.