Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 4:45 pm

Both united.com and Lufhansa.com down here, and google flighs fails when you pick one of theirs flights.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: UAL GS. AA 2MM
I had the same issue. I thought it was because I had booked too many flights using award miles in a 24 hour period.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott PP & LTP, Hertz President's Circle
Is anyone able to see LH first availability on United.com? I am not able to see any F awards availability close in or going further out, and even stranger I couldn’t purchase in F if I wanted to pay on price. There isn’t even a column for First awards (saver or regular) on the awards booking and the price option only shows business. Not sure if it’s related the website outage today or maybe a different issue...
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, Skymiles, HHonors Silver, Marriott Gold
Looks like the "change flight" functionality is still broken. No matter what dates/cities I enter, I get this message:

We are unable to process your request. Please see the message below for details.

• No flight schedule could be retrieved using your search criteria. Please use the form below to start a new search.

Tried both on existing revenue and award bookings and no options are brought up.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:05 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Starwood/Marriott Gold
UA's website is very unreliable. When doing multiple searches or booking complex itineraries, it often fails. The errors you are getting could possibly be tied with the insertion of Premium Plus fares yesterday.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sachem45
Is anyone able to see LH first availability on United.com? I am not able to see any F awards availability close in or going further out, and even stranger I couldn’t purchase in F if I wanted to pay on price. There isn’t even a column for First awards (saver or regular) on the awards booking and the price option only shows business. Not sure if it’s related the website outage today or maybe a different issue...
I haven't been able to see any J either. I am also getting nothing thru JFK when I insert NYC or JFK in the Depart from window.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by eyuro
I haven't been able to see any J either. I am also getting nothing thru JFK when I insert NYC or JFK in the Depart from window.
Originally Posted by NoDestinations
UA's website is very unreliable. When doing multiple searches or booking complex itineraries, it often fails. The errors you are getting could possibly be tied with the insertion of Premium Plus fares yesterday.
Originally Posted by sachem45

I had the same problem with more than 2 flights EWR to BOM recently.

In fact, AC had many options, but the website (and app) never showed any.

I once got an agent to build the same one segment-by-segment, but then after finding another, the (second) agent refused to do that, saying that United stopped allowing them to do it and that the itinerary would price segment-by-segment, at an outrageous amount of miles.

I then (amazingly) was able to book that particular award on LifeMiles - but it never ticketed - and they held if for me in abeyance, but I decided to pay the 180k for the direct UA flight instead of flying 3 sectors (@105k LM, with 2 segments in biz and a LH F intercontinental)...
Old Dec 5, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
the second half of this article has some decent insight into how UA is deploying AI throughout its operations, including the booking process on the website:

https://arstechnica.com/information-.../unite-day1-1/

so now i can blame AI for wanting me to purchase E+!
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Do I blame failure of AI for trying to sell me E+ when I get it fr free and for trying to sign me up for credit cards I already have?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
United has always had artificial intelligence. Personally, given my company experience of AI, I do not want it anywhere near aviation, let alone yours truly. It's all far too experimental at the moment for my liking.

But, back on topic, it was playing up for me on the 4th as well when just trying to check a reservation with intermittent login issues.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: United Platinum
Tried to log into the MileagePlus Account page to see Premier Status and am seeing this page (see attachment)

Anyone else seeing this?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 6, 2018 at 11:06 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
^ Yep
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:07 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ord1027
Tried to log into the MileagePlus Account page to see Premier Status and am seeing this page (see attachment)

Anyone else seeing this?
Standard for early December -- preparation for switch over to 2019. Has cleared up in a couple days in past years.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
for the last two weeks I've been trying to register my account without sucess.
cleared cookies, tried with IE 7.0, IE 10.0, Chrome, Firefox, Safari... I'm almost thinking in using smoke signals.

We could not process your request. Please see the message below and make revisions.

• United.com is unable to update your account at this time. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact united.com Support for assistance at 1-800-396-1751 for assistance.
It's a shame since from my home airport UNITED would be the best choice. I guess if this doesn't change in the next days I'll use some EK miles for the JFK flight.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gibs
for the last two weeks I've been trying to register my account without sucess.
cleared cookies, tried with IE 7.0, IE 10.0, Chrome, Firefox, Safari... I'm almost thinking in using smoke signals.

It's a shame since from my home airport UNITED would be the best choice. I guess if this doesn't change in the next days I'll use some EK miles for the JFK flight.
Use the App?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.