Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
I’ve noticed app not website will let me online check in - my account issue or website issue? Website I’m not logged in it just tells me it’s unavailable at this time
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by under2100
Also, I just noticed that on the 'My Account' page, https://www.united.com/en/us/account , if I scroll to the bottom, all my upcoming trips are missing, so I think it's a United website issue, not my computer

My trips missing
The page loading problem was fixed by Web support in our accounts. We still have the same problem as you with the trip visibility. They told me that they did a big update last week and are having myriad problems that they are working on.

Oddly honest, for a change.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:02 am

United.com

Is anyone having issues with "my trips" showing reservations on united.com. It is working on the app but not on .com
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Works for me. I only have one current trip though.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I tend to ignore the home page of United.com
Do your trips show if you navigate to "reservations---change or view reservations" from the top menu?

I did notice that the "my trips" red button seems to max out at 10, regardless if more trips are booked....
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
There have been numerous reports of this recently on the main thread here: Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues
and also a separate thread, IIRC.
It works for many, but for some it doesn't, apparently.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:22 am

I was pleased to see MyTrips is back for me ... except some of the trips look like they're going nowhere! Top Secret Destination? Mystery Tour?

Not sure if it's relevant or just coincidence, but the two (of 10) of my trips that don't show a destination are both (unrelated to each other) return legs of already started round trips

Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Through flight seat assignment display issue

I almost never (have to) book through flights but I'm scheduled for one soon as LGA-ORD-SFO. UA1213 LGA-ORD-SFO has an equipment swap in ORD from A319 to B753. During the booking process I was able to pick separate seats for LGA-ORD and ORD-SFO. When I look at the reservation online it shows it as three segments (which it was only booked as two) with LGA-ORD and ORD-SFO showing "2A' as my seat. However, under the 'Travelers" section which also lists your seat assignments it correctly shows 2A for LGA-ORD and 3F for ORD-SFO. The mobile app doesn't show the two segments separated out and only shows 2A as the seat for LGA-SFO.

Just a display issue because i can open the seat map through the reservation and it correctly shows me in different seats for the two segments.

-RM
Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:40 pm

Another website glitch

My flight reservation for next week via my trips/conf# using Safari- displays reservation for flight which does not exist. PHL_YVR via ORD- flight numbers and departures are off.
Logging in doesn't help, neither does clearing cache, cookies, enabling pop ups and disabling content blockers.
The reservation is still intact ( I called) and using Google chrome displays correct info.
The e ticket itinerary confirmation only displays 1st flight, but correct destination.
I am stumped.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Trying to change flight online:

Helpful....very helpful. NOT!
There's no message, by the way.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, MR Gold, HH Gold, GE
After trying unsuccessfully to add a different credit card as an additional saved form of payment to my account via the website, I called in for assistance. (I tried with two different cards thinking it might be an Amex issue however my Visa also didn’t work.) The representative tried several times and also couldn’t add it. She checked with a supervisor - apparently there’s a known issue with the site accepting the CID numbers for credit cards. The supervisor is escalating this and told me to try again in the morning. My original/primary form of payment is thankfully still stored in my account. It’s unusual to have a website make it difficult to spend money.

Last edited by eakcats; Apr 2, 2019 at 3:39 pm Reason: Typo
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: AC Elite50k, BAEC Blue, Amex Plat, RBC Black Tin Visa
What's up with not being able to pay online...?

Spent a good part of today trying to buyup to Economy Plus on an upcoming itin. Every time the system took me thru to the pay page and then wouldn't accept my card. Tried 3 cards but to no avail. Called in and reservations tried to purchase my eco+ seats and got booted out of the system twice. Called me back after an hour and told me that the online system was not accepting any kind of online payment - not even new tickets! "IT is working on it..." Anyone have any idea of when this will be rectified? I do not want to spend 5 hours in row 35 on a 320!
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TheOnlyWayTo Fly
.. Anyone have any idea of when this will be rectified? ....
Don't know what the issue is, have not seen any earlier reports but if it prevents customers from purchasing from UA, it will be the highest priority. No one here is going to be able to answer your question, but if this is a generic issue, it will be fixed ASAP.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:23 pm

Programs: AC Elite50k, BAEC Blue, Amex Plat, RBC Black Tin Visa
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Don't know what the issue is, have not seen any earlier reports but if it prevents customers from purchasing from UA, it will be the highest priority. No one here is going to be able to answer your question, but if this is a generic issue, it will be fixed ASAP.
Thanks! Your answer makes sense - just strange that I am the only one who has commented! Just tried again but no luck. I'll try again tomorrow.

My bad - looks like upstream there has been a comment re; the online pay page not accepting credit card codes on the back side of the card....

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 1, 2019 at 11:27 pm Reason: merged update / consecutive posts by same member
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
This was posted briefly on the UA homepage yesterday:
We’re aware of a temporary issue affecting our website’s performance. We're sorry for the inconvenience and recommend visiting later
Apparently that issue was affecting the purchasing of upgrades. I was on a seat map page and for an upcoming transatlantic flight and it offered $125 to select a Polaris seat, but on the reservations upgrade page it wanted $2528. I thought it was an April Fools joke. The issue was rectified before I had a chance to try and buy it... Maybe related to what TheOnlyWaytoFly describes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.