Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2021, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Assuming you can actually access the website..

Old Dec 27, 2021, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
I cannot check in for my flights tomorrow. I'm wondering if I should even go given this craziness.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 5:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum

I have a notification on the front screen of my App about the problems
Old Dec 27, 2021, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Yep, message on the app now.

Just checked in at SYD and asked the agent if he was having problems and he said certain things weren’t functioning, especially upgrades (!).

No issues with my check-in though (Polaris, 1K status, PZ all the way SYD-SFO-EWR &#128077.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by limey1K
Assuming you can actually access the website..

Good… now they need to figure out how to fix this!
Old Dec 27, 2021, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile FWIW-Major Boarding Scan Issues at DAY. IAD & SRQ

Oh Kind and Wise UA Flyertalkers,

FWIW,

Completed a DAY-IAD-SRQ itinerary today (12/27). Early morning in DAY, everyone was having difficulties scanning their Boarding Passes (Paper & Phones) . It wasn't chaotic and did not delay our departure. Mid Morning at IAD, the scanning issue persisted and may have played a role in our 1 hour delay, however there was an ATC hold as well. Arrived in SRQ 1 hour late and we were held on the Tarmac for 20 minutes because, according to the Captain, the 2 UA gates were having difficulty boarding passengers due to some type of Boarding Pass Scan problem. Can we bring back SHARES ?
Old Dec 27, 2021, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CX Dia, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Dia
Just an add on. I had the same issues as everyone else, plus I couldn’t even check in at the kiosk in EWR without help as the screen would just freeze. They could not scan bp’s at the gate and it took forever to board. One point I didn’t see mentioned is that I have a UA credit card and couldn’t get my BP to scan on the iPads when trying to eat in EWR so that I can get my 20% discount. All in all a complete mess.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:43 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Seems to be working OK now (he says with fingers crossed)
Old Dec 28, 2021, 8:14 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by gpicur
Can we bring back SHARES ?
It never left. There's just fancy overlays but SHARES is still around.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; former GS
Parts of the site still seem to be down. I cannot change a segment on a trip in February; get the usual error message

We are unable to process your request. Please see the message below for details.

• No flight schedule could be retrieved using your search criteria. Please use the form below to start a new search.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 2:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FC ORD
Parts of the site still seem to be down. I cannot change a segment on a trip in February; get the usual error message

We are unable to process your request. Please see the message below for details.

• No flight schedule could be retrieved using your search criteria. Please use the form below to start a new search.
That can happen anytime, best to call.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 4:09 pm

5 pm CST United website has been down for me for the past hour or so. United.com gives access denied error message and trying to see flight status in the app gives "We're sorry, something went wrong." Was fine a little after noon EST when I left IAD but hasn't worked since I have been checking here in IAH.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No issues for me.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, DL SLV
I’m having troubles as well.

I flew KOA-LAX-LAS on Friday and was due to return Monday via LAX. Due to the cancellations I was forced to use HA as a backup. I changed my return flight to a different routing in January. The app let me rebook it, I paid $5 additional dollars to upgrade to a refundable fare and received the email with confirmation of ticketing.

This morning I logged in and the trip disappeared. Called the 1K line and she couldn’t see the new flights but informed me that I had a future flight credit for the amount of the original trip, including the parts I’ve already flown. Obviously a mistake but she kept arguing with me and said everything she sees is correct and I can just rebook a new trip.

I hung up and just didn’t have the energy after all this weekend’s drama to call back. I will tomorrow, hopefully things will be better. There’s no way I’m going to book a ticket using the entire credit. If that isn’t asking for trouble I don’t know what is.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 11:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
This is an archive thread, the active thread is
Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 15, 2024 at 12:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.