Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: UA 1k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Anyone else getting " United data services unavailable" , on the Android app? Been happening for 24 hrs now , can't even log in.

as a side, anyone finding redesign website freezes on chrome on mobile and is unusable?
Old May 10, 2019, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by simonoaks
Anyone else getting " United data services unavailable" , on the Android app? Been happening for 24 hrs now , can't even log in.

as a side, anyone finding redesign website freezes on chrome on mobile and is unusable?
No, works fine, but whilst checking for you I accidentally clicked on "Book" using the app and it says my device is set to a region that the United app's (sic) booking feature does not support. I am in the UK. Very odd, to me at least.
Old May 12, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I typically use Google flights to find my itinerary, I then use the book with United button. It then propagate the reservation, and when you press the continue bar the United site asks for your mileage plus number and password. Once I enter the information for some reason during the last week or so when I enter my mileage plus account number and password I can’t login to my account when starting with Google flights??Any thoughts??

Update: I figured it out, I had cleared my cookies and website information last week on my mobile phone and when I try to log into the United site outside of the pass-through from google it said it didn’t recognize my device. I answer the security questions and things are working properly now

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 12, 2019 at 10:43 pm Reason: merging update / consecutive posts by same member
Old May 13, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: UA Plat
Can anyone log into mystatus.united.com? It's been under maintenance for me for over a week.
Old May 13, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: United Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Club, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz President, Avis President
Originally Posted by SwaBiz
Can anyone log into mystatus.united.com? It's been under maintenance for me for over a week.
...worked for me just now.
Old May 13, 2019, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Works for me as well...Chrome
Old May 25, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I'm getting this message:

You don't have permission to access "http://www.united.com/" on this server.Reference #18.8d024a17.1558846836.1421bd38

I have not been able to access UA all day in Chrome. Firefox works.
Old May 25, 2019, 11:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
I'm getting this message:

You don't have permission to access "http://www.united.com/" on this server.Reference #18.8d024a17.1558846836.1421bd38

I have not been able to access UA all day in Chrome. Firefox works.
Try clearing all chrome United cookies
Old May 29, 2019, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by SwaBiz
Have the same issue. Tried different browsers and PCs and always get redirected to: https://mystatus.united.com/maintenance
Old May 29, 2019, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Moootz
Have the same issue. Tried different browsers and PCs and always get redirected to: https://mystatus.united.com/maintenance
I contacted United about this and got a non-answer.

"Thank you for contacting United.com Web Support. I apologize for not able to access, although when we access your account it shows your status, if you have further inquiries status please contact MileagePlus Service Center directly at 800-421-4655.

Thank you for using united.com.

Regards,
Des Daniel
United.com Web Support
"

With a screen shot of their internal view of my status... So it's obvious now that is't a bug on their backend which is causing this to occur for some users.

Not sure what to do or who to complain to as I'm only a lowly silver. Maybe a 1k or GS who has the issue could escalate better.
Old May 29, 2019, 11:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
mystatus.united.com was not displaying Chase spend a few days ago, so that may have been the reason it was down -- but is working now for me and Chase spend is back.
Old May 30, 2019, 9:19 am

Still not working for me - I dropped an e-mail to 1k Voice.
Old May 30, 2019, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Moootz
Still not working for me - I dropped an e-mail to 1k Voice.
Let us (me) know if they fix it for you and what steps they went through so I can go ahead and get it done on my end as well. Thanks for contacting them.
Old May 31, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold
I've had the same trouble with mystatus.united.com for three weeks now -- across different devices and browsers. It always seems to successfully login, before triggering a redirect to "down for maintenance."

Is this some sort of .bomb anniversary celebration?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:13 am

FWIW I checked today and mystatus.united.com is working again for me. I didn't bother anyone about it so not sure why it's fixed now, but suggest to try again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.