Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2019, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Not down but something I’ve noticed

I don’t know if this is an enhancement :-) however, recently the upgrade and standby lists shows the persons name and seat number but no longer has the checkmark once cleared on the respective list.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Can't seem to get trip details to display currently, either on the website or app.
Any one else?

I was able to book both revenue and award tickets recently, though it seemed to be slower than normal.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Can't seem to get trip details to display currently, either on the website or app.
Any one else?

I was able to book both revenue and award tickets recently, though it seemed to be slower than normal.
Same here, not working for me on the website or app.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 8:52 am

The Twitter team says they noted and working on it

Can't get online checkin or manage res to work
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
only parts of UA not working

I've gone a round and around with UA web and MileagePlus for about 3 weeks trying to figure out a solution to an issue I am having with UA's website and I have been unsuccessful in getting an answer. Has anyone else had a problem and/or can point me to who can help?
In answer to the question below UA web explained how to add new travelers. I don't need to add, I need to access my current list. Very frustrating.

"Message: Dear Sir: For some reason I am unable to log into my account. I have taken the step of calling UA web help twice and a ticket was created to look into the issue. It's not my password nor has my account been locked, as that has already been looked into as a possible problem. I can start a reservation and when prompted, login at the traveler page. However, the traveler drop down list does not populate. If I manually enter a passenger and continue it shows me as logged in and can select the credit card drop down list and select which ever one is needed. I appreciate any help you can provide."

The reply
"I am sorry to hear you are having issues when booking on United.com.
Although I am unsure, your issue sounds like it may be a simple problem with your MileagePlus profile. Here are the steps to follow to add "Saved Travelers" to your MileagePlus profile:
Please sign in to your MileagePlus account on United.com.
Once there, click on the "view account" link.
On the next screen, choose the "Profile and Preferences" tab, and choose "Personal Information" from the drop-down menu.
Now, on your Personal Information screen, click the down arrow next to "Saved Travelers."
Click on "+Add Traveler" at the bottom of this section.
Next, you will be required to enter your family members' legal names (exactly as it would appear on a passport or photo ID -- and airline ticket), date of birth, and gender.
You will also be able to include information like Known Traveler Numbers, Redress Numbers and MileagePlus numbers at this point as well. If you would like to add a separate phone number for each person's contact information while they are traveling, you have that option here. You'll also be able to choose a special meal preference (when available) and any special travel requests (such as wheelchair service requests) here too, if necessary.
I am hopeful this will solve our website's issues!
We are grateful for your business and loyalty as a MileagePlus member and we look forward to welcoming you on board in the near future."
Old Nov 12, 2019, 10:32 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Clincher
I've gone a round and around with UA web and MileagePlus for about 3 weeks trying to figure out a solution to an issue I am having with UA's website and I have been unsuccessful in getting an answer. Has anyone else had a problem and/or can point me to who can help?
Have you tried a different browser? What OS configuration?

The general first step is to clear your browser's cookies. It seems it is possible to get a corrupt cookie that creates problems.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Attempted car hire on UA: I just had the issue of the security questions' anwers not populating on an Android phone using Firefox Focus.
Tried Chrome instead, and it did populate there but kept resulting in 505 Errors (bad gateway).

Gave up...
Old Nov 13, 2019, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Have you tried a different browser? What OS configuration?

The general first step is to clear your browser's cookies. It seems it is possible to get a corrupt cookie that creates problems.
Thank you for the suggestion. I have used both Chrome, Edge and Explorer. And cleared cookies and did not help. To me it appears to be a specific issue with my profile on United's side but I have not been able to get someone to dig in and find the exact issue. Granted it appears to be just one person and the time needed to look into it is low priority.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 8:37 am

Every time I search for a flight the UA site re-directs to a flight search that I made 6 months ago (LAX-HNL). I’ve cleared all cookies and site history from Chrome but the problems persist. For now I’m using incognito but any ideas on what’s causing this?
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Weird one today, couldn't check in on the app no matter how many times I've tried, as well as SDC issues even though the flight was eligible. Thought I was flagged for SSSS.
Also KTN and Redress was completely erased from the itinerary.

Hopped onto UA website and bam everything worked.

Last edited by secretalcoholic; Nov 14, 2019 at 11:06 am
Old Nov 15, 2019, 6:27 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Just applied a GPU and got this weirdness:

694 miles?
Old Nov 16, 2019, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
In the UK I have to pay $100 to get put on the waitlist, sorry apply a GPU, I wonder if you are trying to apply it from a country that has similar taxes and it has converted it into miles instead of cash? Just a thought.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 8:14 am
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
In the UK I have to pay $100 to get put on the waitlist, sorry apply a GPU, I wonder if you are trying to apply it from a country that has similar taxes and it has converted it into miles instead of cash? Just a thought.
Nope, first time seeing this. They deducted the GPU, but I don’t think it actually deducted any miles though! I assume it’s just their glitchy site, but do they usually charge you the $100 when you apply for the waitlist or only if it clears?
Old Nov 16, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by mr8
Nope, first time seeing this. They deducted the GPU, but I don’t think it actually deducted any miles though! I assume it’s just their glitchy site, but do they usually charge you the $100 when you apply for the waitlist or only if it clears?
Yes, and then if/when it doesn't clear I have to apply for the refund as it has never, ever refunded automatically for me.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:18 pm

I've entered credit card twice on a seat upgrade purchase only to have the 'complete purchase' button not work. Its not even pushing, it looks like a screen shot. an inoperable button and website.

These new, continuing and renewing issues are inexcusable.
Every time I call asking for help I hate the question which browser are you using? Did you delete cookies? Maybe your mileage plus account is locked from missing one of the numerous security questions or numbers. Can I put you on hold while I check on this issue. Sorry we can't fix that right now, try again in 24 hours. etc, etc

How many years have we been dealing with UA bomb?

Last edited by Clincher; Nov 18, 2019 at 3:43 pm Reason: deleted my true feelings towards UA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.