Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
For my flights last weekend, when I clicked through to see the flight status, it would only show me the first flight, and not the connection. It's always shown everything before. I found it kind of a hassle to have to go back and manually search for the second flight in order to get the status, especially when I was dealing with delays and potentially missed connections. Is this a new "feature"?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I can't even pull up flight statuses tonight. It keeps giving me this error after hitting search. Last time I checked that was a valid airport pairing...

Old Aug 18, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA G, *G, Global Entry, Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, Hyatt, Starwood etc
I got a very strange itinerary summary page today, ...squished over to one side of the page. When I went on to purchase, it said Error: try later or contact agent.

Contacted agent, spent about an hour to recreate the itinerary and she came up with a much higher charge. Then tacked on additional upgrade fees (that had already been included in the original price). This was not clear on my receipt, but verified with my Pres Plus MC.

So I went back on and was able to ticket at the original price. Now on hold for 30 mins with supervisor trying to get all those charges reversed and mileage redeposited (didn't think I could do this online given the separate charges).

Gotta hate this new website iteration. Back to.bomb?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I can't do anything. Trying to search and book a flight, I click on "find flights" and the website does nothing. Thing is dead for revenue and award searches.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:07 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I can't do anything. Trying to search and book a flight, I click on "find flights" and the website does nothing. Thing is dead for revenue and award searches.
Working find for me - i just booked a flight
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:50 am

Programs: UA 1K
i had issues searching for one way trips, but it worked when searching round trip for me.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
I can't even pull up flight statuses tonight.
You need to go to travel information. As you discovered, this doesn't work from the giant front box. ("It doesn't work, but at least it's bigger")
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: All the programs!
Where did the filters go for flight searches?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by oopl
Where did the filters go for flight searches?
That changed awhile back
What happened to the filter criteria on united.com
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Okay thanks must have missed that post.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I just booked a European itinerary for next summer, and tried to upgrade the TATL segments with GPUs (which had R space) after ticketing. The web site upgrade function was not functional, simply stating that on line upgrades were not available.

A quick call achieved the upgrades, in < 1 minute. The agent was quite professional, but did not say anything when I commented that the on-line upgrade system wasn't working for me. Anyone else experiencing trouble with online upgrades?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 8:02 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
This is odd.

I have a complicated itinerary: DCA-ORD-FRA-GVA-FRA-ORD-DCA, with several days in Chicago (both ways) and Geneva. On "Manage Reservations" that's exactly what shows up. The receipt, however, is DCA-ORD-DCA. PQDs and mileage accruals are for DCA-ORD-DCA only.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:14 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond

Search with GPU upgrade selected will not show C seatmap if R is not available and only shows lowest Y and Business Upgrade eligible columns.

Search Business fare without GPU shows seatmap, and three columns of fares, lowest Y, Business upgrade eligible, and Business

Sunday night while trip planning for February 2019, I was checking out flights to see how many seats were open on the flights presented. When I searched using GPUs for upgrade, the entire Business cabin was grayed out on flights where R space wasn’t available, but would show when R space was available. Also, the column for the Business Fare was missing entirely. Sometimes I’ll split fares with a P purchase in one direction but use a GPU for the other if R is available. The only way to see the business seat map is to select business/first for your search. This is still happening tonight and it is making planning very difficult. Web support was not helpful at all.

Last edited by Pat89339; Oct 5, 2018 at 1:29 am
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:39 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
This has been happening for the past week for me...

• I go to United's website
  • Switch to classic view*
  • My account info, reservations and etc is all displayed as normal
  • I click on a reservation and it displays normally
  • I click on my account to see my numbers, posted flights and etc
  • I am asked to log in again complete with having to answer my security questions

*also happens using the "new" version of the website's home page

**I clear my cookies, cache and history every time after I log out but for "you know what" and giggles, I tried the above without clearing everything and it still happens
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:58 am

Location: Various tier levels of frequent flyer/hotel plans received for bellyaching about minor flaws in the service I received.
The new version of the site seems to be broken in Safari. If I switch to the classic version, things work. New version works fine in Chrome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.