Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I have the problem with WAS (but not IAD or DCA).
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium

View Current Reservation

! We were not able to find any available seats meeting your requirements. You may modify your search criteria, or call 1-800-UNITED-1 (1-800-864-8331) within the U.S. or Canada; elsewhere contact your local United Reservations Office.

Shown at top when I view an existing reservation on united.com for which I already have seat assignments. I was just viewing the reservation, not changing seats.

Message does not appear when using United App on Android or IOS.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Is search down for anyone today? Trying to search for an award ticket from Washington to London, but whenever I do, I get:

We’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request.

• Please try again later or contact Web Support in the U.S. and Canada at 1-800-260-1952, in the U.K. at 0800 028 5003 or elsewhere at the local phone number.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:59 pm

Try inputting the full names Washington, DC, US (WAS - All Airports) and London, GB (LON - All Airports) instead of WAS and LON everywhere. (Select them from the drop down menu). That does the trick for me. Also, be aware that if you modify a previous search, the computer auto-fills the blanks with WAS and LON so you have to change them back to the full name. Many of the other 3-letter codes seem to work OK without the full name.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 4:06 pm

I am getting the same error messages with LON. Frustrating. Using Chrome.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been searching for flights to LHR with no issue today. I also tried LON with no issue. Just fyi, Searching for LON didn't return any flights other than to LHR.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
New "trap" I hadn't previously recognized.

Was looking at a return trip on united.com.

At the "Departure: Select your flight", the cheapest P fare was offered at $4272 ("All fares shown are the total price roundtrip, per person.")
I knew this to be incorrect, as I already had done a "Are your dates flexible? Find low fares +/- 3 days" search.
Low and behold, after selecting the "$4272" option as a departure, the "Return: Select your flight" comes up with the much lower "$2330" choice.

I don't think I saw this flaw before. Another united.com bug?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by narvik
New "trap" I hadn't previously recognized.

Was looking at a return trip on united.com.

At the "Departure: Select your flight", the cheapest P fare was offered at $4272 ("All fares shown are the total price roundtrip, per person.")
I knew this to be incorrect, as I already had done a "Are your dates flexible? Find low fares +/- 3 days" search.
Low and behold, after selecting the "$4272" option as a departure, the "Return: Select your flight" comes up with the much lower "$2330" choice.

I don't think I saw this flaw before. Another united.com bug?
I noticed the new -LGT fares garbling the search results' intermediate prices, due to apparently applying some faulty combinability logic. Not sure if that wound up affecting P fares too, or if they've just found another, complementary way to fail.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
BTW, since when did I become the original poster of this thread? Was there a truncation done?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:31 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by narvik
BTW, since when did I become the original poster of this thread? Was there a truncation done?
In Jan 2018, posts prior to 2017 were moved to Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]
Old Jun 16, 2018, 9:23 am

United Website Issue With Safari?

I looked through the first few pages of threads and didn't see this topic, so I apologize if this has already been discussed.

The United website works up until the point I click search to find a ticket then it gives the below message. Is anyone else having this issue?We’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request.

• Please try again later or contact Web Support in the U.S. and Canada at 1-800-260-1952, in the U.K. at 0800 028 5003 or elsewhere at the local phone number.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 16, 2018 at 10:22 am Reason: merged into existing master thread
Old Jun 16, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by EQDsSUCK
I looked through the first few pages of threads and didn't see this topic, so I apologize if this has already been discussed.

The United website works up until the point I click search to find a ticket then it gives the below message. Is anyone else having this issue?

We’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request.

Do you have cookies enabled as "Allow from websites I visit" or better? Do you have Javascript enabled? Do you have an Ad block program?
Old Jun 16, 2018, 10:21 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
... We’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request..
You will see occasional reports of this in this thread, you can try any of the following
-- try a different browser
-- clear your browser's cookies
-- wait a bit and it likely will disappear
Old Jun 16, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat

The United website works up until the point I click search to find a ticket then it gives the below message. Is anyone else having this issue?We’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request.
Was that an award search? If so, I think that's the no flights found message.

If doing a regular search, then I agree it's a glitch. You can try a diff browser or clear cookies.

Edit: I just got the same error this morning with an award search I know has space. Happened a few times (even in incognito) and then went back to normal. Did not have to clear cookies or switch browser. So looks like a UA issue. Just keep trying or come back later I guess.

Last edited by sexykitten7; Jun 18, 2018 at 6:47 am Reason: Update 6/18
Old Jun 17, 2018, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by zombietooth
Do you have cookies enabled as "Allow from websites I visit" or better? Do you have Javascript enabled? Do you have an Ad block program?
I had to un-check the "block pop-up windows" option on safari. Why on earth would I have to allow pop-windows for my united search to work?

I'm trying to figure out if I can allow it for just the united website and disallow for others as a general rule.

*UPDATE*

Now I'm getting the same error message even with the block pop up windows box un-checked. scratch head

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 17, 2018 at 10:08 am Reason: merging update / consecutive posts by same member

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.