Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Anyone else having issues with UA limiting the number of searches you can do? This has been happening for the past couple weeks when logged in and doing rapid searches for R availability. After the 4th or 5th search, I get an error (or access denied page) which causes me to go back to the homepage and start again..... .
Sounds potentially like an anti-robot detection.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Anyone else having issues with UA limiting the number of searches you can do? This has been happening for the past couple weeks when logged in and doing rapid searches for R availability. After the 4th or 5th search, I get an error (or access denied page) which causes me to go back to the homepage and start again.

Quite annoying. Attached is an example of the pop-up I've been getting.
I've gotten that in the past when doing multiple searches and/or looking up flight statuses.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Happened to me several months ago when collating R space. Unclear if deliberate or not.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
had trouble with the subscriptions page this morning (hourglass shows the page is loading but it never loads) as well as with buying a monthly wifi subscription. took a handful of attempts and finally was able to buy a monthly wifi subscription.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: All the programs!
Wink

The people sitting in aisle F are going to be so jealous of their neighbors in Polaris seats.
Btw, I was #3 on the upgrade list and #1 & 2 cleared.

Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
So today if I look at my Mileage Plus activity, it only shows my redemptions, and no other activity. The balance appears to be correct. Is this just me or a general issue right now?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Not just you. I see the same issue as well.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP
Account activity showing only Awards and upgrades. no miles. For me anyway. This is new. I have expereinced also most of the complaints others have up thread.

Lurker
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Same for me, awards and redemptions, no earned miles.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 4:20 pm

Same here. Really don't like the new web page layout.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: UA Plat
My data showed back up yesterdays for the details. Hopefully the rest of you will get yours back soon.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Still seeing this....

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
UA website currently shows zero award inventory between any two airports in the world, on all dates, in all cabins.

"We were not able to find any available seats meeting your requirements."

Now THAT'S a devaluation.

(Doesn't have anything to do with one's browser - tried multiple browsers on multiple computers).
This issues has persisted for many weeks, at least for me. Multiple browsers, multiple computers, multiple operating systems, the error is consistent and persistent, 100% repeatable.

The issue occurs when you are searching for one-way award inventory + using either the (grammatically awkwardly named) "calendar shop" in basic search, or "my dates are flexible" in Advanced Search. No matter what route I enter (between any two airports in the world, on any date, just 1 seat in any class), it barfs up the error: "We were not able to find any available seats meeting your requirements."

If you search as a round-trip with the same date for the outbound leg, and add a throw-away date for round trip return (or a one-way without using "calendar shop" or "my dates are flexible"), then award inventory loads as I would expect.

For me at least, this is a huge broken function, really obvious and a bit shocking (it's been this way for a month).

Is this just my account that's so badly hosed (and has been for a month), or are others seeing the same issue? Thanks.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Question

Sending itineraries from united.com to gmail used to result in calendar entries being created. This used to work but no longer happens. I've made sure that the proper "accept events from gmail" box is checked, that email is sent directly from United, etc. Gmail definitely recognises the confirmation as it lists the flights and updates the status for them within gmail. This, however, never gets as far as my calendar.

Des anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Does anyone else have this problem?
Old Oct 25, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Sending itineraries from united.com to gmail used to result in calendar entries being created. This used to work but no longer happens. I've made sure that the proper "accept events from gmail" box is checked, that email is sent directly from United, etc. Gmail definitely recognises the confirmation as it lists the flights and updates the status for them within gmail. This, however, never gets as far as my calendar.

Des anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Does anyone else have this problem?
For some reason I thought it was my device doing this not Google itself. Although maybe it is both because I sometimes see flights show up as much as 3 times in my phone calendars.

The website is saying my next trip is to ZRH. It isn't nor do I have any plans to go there anytime soon.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Xyzzy

So I did have this problem, I don't any longer and I have no clue why. My only workaround (if you can call it that) was to go into the United app and click on "Add to calendar" or similar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.