Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What happened to the filter criteria on united.com

Old Apr 23, 18, 9:36 am
Original Poster

The filters seemed to have disappeared. I used to search, then at the bottom i could select things like no star alliance flights, or no united express flights. those filters have disappeared. are they somewhere else and i just don't see them?
Old Apr 23, 18, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by flyerbaby19 View Post
The filters seemed to have disappeared. I used to search, then at the bottom i could select things like no star alliance flights, or no united express flights. those filters have disappeared. are they somewhere else and i just don't see them?
Disappeared a couple of days ago for me. I posted in the "consolidated United.com issues thread at the time...
Old Apr 23, 18, 9:39 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by flyerbaby19 View Post
Did you click "All search options"?

They're still there:
Old Apr 23, 18, 9:46 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by laxmillenial View Post
Did you click "All search options"?

They're still there:
Not the same function.
The filters were on the search results page, which allowed the user to filter out results based on hard criteria....ie no flights departing before 6pm, etc.
I miss them a lot, as they really helped weed out options which were not acceptable due to schedule.

Another change that makes flight search less user-friendly.
Old Apr 23, 18, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, AA, DL, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by goodeats21 View Post
Not the same function.
The filters were on the search results page, which allowed the user to filter out results based on hard criteria....ie no flights departing before 6pm, etc.
I miss them a lot, as they really helped weed out options which were not acceptable due to schedule.

Another change that makes flight search less user-friendly.
probably not intentional

hearing it happened a ‘couple of days ago’ screams to me Friday evening/Sat morning updates to flights and site that probably somehow disabled it and wasn’t intentional. Pretty sure it will be back (and Also, pretty sure the filters were on the app this weekend).
Old Apr 23, 18, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by emcampbe View Post

probably not intentional

hearing it happened a ‘couple of days ago’ screams to me Friday evening/Sat morning updates to flights and site that probably somehow disabled it and wasn’t intentional. Pretty sure it will be back (and Also, pretty sure the filters were on the app this weekend).
I agree. They're still there in the HTML. I think somebody just messed up the code that is supposed to display them once the search results are populated.
Old Apr 23, 18, 9:56 am

probably not intentional

I first noticed it on Friday at 10AM.
Old Apr 23, 18, 10:17 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott Amb (LT Titanium)
They are missing. But my hope is they are being moved somewhere else on the page. They were very hard to use at the bottom of the page because the URL banner (in Chrome at least) would block the links and would not work until every last advertisement was loaded on the page.

-RM
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 18, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Use better flight search engines like google flights.

UA.sux flight search is still a dumpster fire.
EWR764 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 18, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat

probably not intentional

Agree with this.

There were a couple of additions over the weekend on the main search page. The ability to select "nonstops" only (not just before you click search, but after as well) and also the ability to select a connection point (meaning it would show you a list of all connecting airports LAX,SFO,EWR,IAH,etc) and you could select one, two, three, or none. All results would be updated dynamically.
Old Apr 23, 18, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by mduell View Post
Use better flight search engines like google flights.

UA.sux flight search is still a dumpster fire.
Is there a way to view "expert" data (fare buckets) when using google flights? Most of the time I default to United.com so I can see R space...or more accurately, lack of R space. LOL
Old Apr 23, 18, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21 View Post
Is there a way to view "expert" data (fare buckets) when using google flights? Most of the time I default to United.com so I can see R space...or more accurately, lack of R space. LOL
R is only available on United.com. However, R is also only (really) useful when searching the trans-oceanic flight by itself. So, you can use Google Flights to find a fare and then UA to look for R space on the long legs.
Old Apr 23, 18, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by jsloan View Post
R is only available on United.com. However, R is also only (really) useful when searching the trans-oceanic flight by itself. So, you can use Google Flights to find a fare and then UA to look for R space on the long legs.
Yes, that was my understanding, though using R for RPU / Domestic as well. Negates some of the advantage of using Google flights...
Old Apr 23, 18, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS/4.1MM, Marriott Titanium Life, IHG Spire
I am concerned that this was intentional. I complained to Web support and they couldn't provide any answers about what had happened. Perhaps if enough people complain they will bring it back.
Old Apr 23, 18, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by BldgEnergySaver View Post
I am concerned that this was intentional. I complained to Web support and they couldn't provide any answers about what had happened. Perhaps if enough people complain they will bring it back.
i used the same line of thinking wrt "detailed view" disappearing a few months ago. i was wrong.
goodeats21 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: