Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA award booking, change questions / issues / routing / excursionist problems / help

Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Main Impact
  • No more free stopover - replaced with Excursionist Perk
  • Agents no longer have the ability to find routings or build itineraries that do not show up on united.com
  • Manually constructing trips using multi-city search results in multiple award fares being charged
  • Changing any segment basically requires current availability for all existing Os&Ds in the PNR (as if a brand new booking is made)
  • Singapore Airlines segments are priced separately (add-ons)

Useful Links
EveryDay Awards - UA MP award changes 1 Nov 2017 (Everyday award/dynamic price, No RTW, No Show fee,..)
principle change - Standard awards being replaced by "EveryDay Award" with variable pricing

What is the Excursionist Perk?
The Excursionist Perk is a free one-way award within select multi-city itineraries. Members who book an itinerary with three or more one-way awards will be eligible to receive one of those one-way awards for free, if it meets all of these conditions:
The Excursionist Perk cannot be in the MileagePlus defined region where your travel originates. (For example, if your journey begins in North America, you will only receive the Excursionist Perk if travel is within a region outside of North America.)
  • Travel must end in the same MileagePlus defined region where travel originates.
  • The origin and destination of the Excursionist Perk is within a single MileagePlus defined region.
  • The cabin of service and award type of the free one-way award is the same or lower than the one-way award preceding it.
  • If two or more one-way awards qualify for this benefit, only the first occurrence will be free.


Previous thread -- UA award booking,change questions/fees/issues/routing/excursionist problems {Archive}


Print Wikipost

UA award booking, change questions / issues / routing / excursionist problems / help

Old Mar 4, 2024, 8:04 pm
  #1111  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 49
Planning a trip from IAH to Europe sometime later this year for two of us; preferably Venice/Rome and I want polaris/lie-flats for the long leg.
From what i can tell I seem to find 90k/leg from time to time.
Am I wrong in thinking i can get this thing booked for around 400mi RT for both of us or is that going to take a remarkable amount of luck?

my schedule will be flexible enough that i can go 30-60 days out.

Last edited by MiltonFreedMan; Mar 4, 2024 at 8:38 pm
MiltonFreedMan is offline  
Old Mar 4, 2024, 10:09 pm
  #1112  
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: California
Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Posts: 21,684
Originally Posted by MiltonFreedMan
Planning a trip from IAH to Europe sometime later this year for two of us; preferably Venice/Rome and I want polaris/lie-flats for the long leg.
From what i can tell I seem to find 90k/leg from time to time.
Am I wrong in thinking i can get this thing booked for around 400mi RT for both of us or is that going to take a remarkable amount of luck?

my schedule will be flexible enough that i can go 30-60 days out.
Yes that would require luck. If I or IN class is ever offered on a nonstop, it would be 11 months out (not routinely available) or less than 3 weeks out on a lightly loaded flight, or it would be a short-lived mistake. For summer season, your odds are worse because flights are full. The last really good I class availability was in 2021 before Europeans were allowed to fly to the USA.
nsx is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2024, 1:37 am
  #1113  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 21,763
Originally Posted by nsx
Yes that would require luck. If I or IN class is ever offered on a nonstop, it would be 11 months out (not routinely available) or less than 3 weeks out on a lightly loaded flight, or it would be a short-lived mistake. For summer season, your odds are worse because flights are full. The last really good I class availability was in 2021 before Europeans were allowed to fly to the USA.
UA rarely opens I or IN inventory 11 moths out. Within 3 weeks, yes; however, there's been a growing trend to add more IN than has existed in the past: flights that would previously have been PN9 PZ9 IN0 are now PN9 PZ0 IN9, meaning, Platinum and above saver award space, but no upgrade space except for Global Services. So I wouldn't say it's a lost cause by any means. Also, IAH to Venice or Rome is going to be a minimum of one stop anyway, so that gives OP plenty of options. I'm not saying it's a slam dunk, but it's far from impossible.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by jsloan; Mar 6, 2024 at 8:45 am Reason: style: too many emdashes.
jsloan is offline  
Old Mar 6, 2024, 8:36 am
  #1114  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 49
Yea as I've been watching it looks like (at least for now) in October there are options with Turkish or AC.
Neither really exciting to me but I guess that's reality.
MiltonFreedMan is offline  
Old Mar 6, 2024, 11:30 am
  #1115  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOS/EAP
Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Posts: 32,497
Originally Posted by MiltonFreedMan
Yea as I've been watching it looks like (at least for now) in October there are options with Turkish or AC.
Neither really exciting to me but I guess that's reality.
TK has more 789 and 350 to the US than they used to. These are GREAT options ...
cfischer is offline  
Old Mar 6, 2024, 2:58 pm
  #1116  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 49
Does the 777 have the same lie flats? I had trouble finding out on sg
MiltonFreedMan is offline  
Old Mar 6, 2024, 6:19 pm
  #1117  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Washington, D.C.
Programs: AA, but I play the field
Posts: 1,451
Adjusting one award segment on EVA Air?

Good evening, I would be grateful for any advice regarding the following situation.

My sister and I recently booked United award tickets ORD-SFO-TPE-BKK. The first two segments are on UA metal, and TPE-BKK segment is on EVA air. We searched for itineraries that had 2 available seats, but as we did not have enough miles to book both tickets out of the same account we had to book them sequentially. When my sister booked hers, she got the itinerary we wanted, with the last fight departing TPE at 8:45 pm. When I went to book mine, that option was no longer available, but I was able to book the something very close -- the same UA flights, but a different flight on EVA, departing TPE about 2 hours later at 10:30 pm.

Obviously, we'd prefer that both tickets be on the same EVA flight if possible, and preferably the one that departs at 8:45. I've checked the United site in subsequent days to see if the same itinerary but with 8:45 pm departure from TPE popped back up as an option, but no luck. However, the same 8:45 segment does appear to be available as an award on Aeroplan. In view of the latter circumstance, is there hope at all that if I called United, they might be able/willing to contact EVA to see if the last segment of one award could be switched to match the other? Or is that beyond hopeless? I'm also considering calling EVA directly, but I don't know whether they will be willing to touch a United-generated ticket at this stage. I would be grateful for any any feedback or suggestions. It's going to be a long trip so luggage will need to be checked, otherwise I would simply purchase an extra ticket for the 8:45 pm flight.
ZenFlyer is offline  
Old Mar 6, 2024, 6:36 pm
  #1118  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 21,763
Originally Posted by ZenFlyer
In view of the latter circumstance, is there hope at all that if I called United, they might be able/willing to contact EVA to see if the last segment of one award could be switched to match the other?
I mean, you can call, sure. What you're asking the agent to do is borderline against the rules, may or may not work, and if it fails, may leave you without a ticket on EVA at all. Agents aren't supposed to stitch together award tickets like you've described, and if they do, they're supposed to re-price them based on current availability and mileage amounts.

Originally Posted by ZenFlyer
I'm also considering calling EVA directly, but I don't know whether they will be willing to touch a United-generated ticket at this stage.
They can't reissue a MileagePlus award.

Originally Posted by ZenFlyer
It's going to be a long trip so luggage will need to be checked, otherwise I would simply purchase an extra ticket for the 8:45 pm flight.
Were you to try this, there's a good chance EVA would cancel one or the other of your bookings anyway.
jsloan is offline  
Old Mar 6, 2024, 7:25 pm
  #1119  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Washington, D.C.
Programs: AA, but I play the field
Posts: 1,451
Originally Posted by jsloan
I mean, you can call, sure. What you're asking the agent to do is borderline against the rules, may or may not work, and if it fails, may leave you without a ticket on EVA at all. Agents aren't supposed to stitch together award tickets like you've described, and if they do, they're supposed to re-price them based on current availability and mileage amounts.
Thank you for the reality check jsloan! We will survive a two-hour gap in arrival times, just wanted to be sure I was exploring all options.
jsloan likes this.
ZenFlyer is offline  
Old Mar 7, 2024, 5:38 am
  #1120  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: DFW
Programs: UA Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum
Posts: 141
Originally Posted by ZenFlyer
Thank you for the reality check jsloan! We will survive a two-hour gap in arrival times, just wanted to be sure I was exploring all options.
It's not impossible that EVA will let you standby for the earlier flight anyway -- I have no idea what their policy is but worth asking on their forum (after searching).
ZenFlyer likes this.
mariol is offline  
Old Mar 7, 2024, 9:04 am
  #1121  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 21,763
Originally Posted by mariol
It's not impossible that EVA will let you standby for the earlier flight anyway -- I have no idea what their policy is but worth asking on their forum (after searching).
You can check the forum, but US-style standby is almost unheard of outside of North America.
jsloan is offline  
Old Mar 7, 2024, 9:14 am
  #1122  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: DFW
Programs: UA Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum
Posts: 141
Originally Posted by jsloan
You can check the forum, but US-style standby is almost unheard of outside of North America.
Some reports of success:

EVA AIR - Economy Standby at Airport?

(old, looks like a hassle, but may be possible...)
jsloan, SPN Lifer and ZenFlyer like this.
mariol is offline  
Old Mar 8, 2024, 10:35 pm
  #1123  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Programs: UA, HH & Marriott
Posts: 357
Is there a "guide" or some tips on how to check the dynamic pricing of awards? I couldn't book 4 award tickets due to not having my party's info at the time and noticed that saver awards (XN) are no longer available when we need to fly and replaced with YN being available at a much higher rate. We're about 22 days out from travel, so should we wait until it's 21 days? Thanks!
F23Coupe is offline  
Old Mar 8, 2024, 11:09 pm
  #1124  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Posts: 15,416
No, there is no magic date for award availability. It is purely based on supply and demand, and UA inventory and revenue management. The hoped-for change may never come.

It would help help to evaluate your chances if you knew the revenue fare class availability.
SPN Lifer is offline  
Old Mar 12, 2024, 11:03 am
  #1125  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: San Francisco Penninsula
Programs: Bear Backers
Posts: 953
Question regarding miles



requirement for one way business from Melbourne to SFO next feb 26.

i am tracking the availability for next Feb. some days require 250 k miles. Some 200. You cant count on Wed being 200. Sometimes its Tuesday and Friday. Any thoughts on what is driving this?Also sometimes the 200k days change to 250 after a week or. two

my wife has 200 k. I am short and waiting fir the 60000 credit from new xplorer card. Hoping I dont have to buy miles
oskidunker is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.