Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect / Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Incorrect / Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2022, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by limey1K
Wrote GS Friday and no response.

wow ... 2 days over a weekend?
This needs to get resolved by MP, would have been faster to Email MP right away. I emailed MP today and got a response in less than 8 hours ... maybe you should try this
limey1K likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by cfischer
Not sure if that's sarcasm or not. Let me know :-)
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 12:14 am

Question PQP/Mileage Earning Discrepancy?

I recently booked a flight that costed $1320 ($1195 fare + tax/fee). In the confirmation email this gave 1197 PQP and 13167 miles. However when I checked the itinerary online, the PQP/mileage listed there were much less (881 PQP and 9691 miles).

Has anyone seen similar discrepancy? What should I do? (I'll need the additional 300 PQP to make Platinum.) Thank you.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 1:07 am

Programs: UA 1K
What were your segments? Were they all UA flights or some partners? This might help us troubleshoot.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 1:13 am

Yeah all United. OGG-SFO-DEN-ORD-SFO-OGG. The OGG-SFO segment is listed correctly. The SFO-DEN-ORD, and the ORD-SFO-OGG segments are both less than what the email showed.

Will call tomorrow. Last month as 1K lol
Old Dec 6, 2022, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xudongsun
Yeah all United. OGG-SFO-DEN-ORD-SFO-OGG. The OGG-SFO segment is listed correctly. The SFO-DEN-ORD, and the ORD-SFO-OGG segments are both less than what the email showed.

Don’t bother calling now. There’s nothing they can do, nor is there anything that they need to do. Most of the time, the PQP will post properly. In the rare occasions that they don’t, the MileagePlus Service Center will adjust it for you after travel — that’s when you’d want to call, not prior to departure.
SPN Lifer and xudongsun like this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
The issue of inaccurate PQP estimates on a receipt or online itinerary is an oft-repeated situation that resolves itself once the flight is taken over 95% of the time, per FlyerTalker reports.
jsloan and xudongsun like this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by xudongsun

Don't take up space from other people with more pressing needs. Have some patience, fly the itinerary, and then deal with UA if necessary. As mentioned above thread by others, there is nothing anyone at UA can do prior to the completion of the flight.

Also, your current status expires Jan 31. Dec 31 is for earning purposes only.
xudongsun likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
Quick question from an only sometimes lurker of this forum.

I'm 4 segments and about 1400 PQP from qualifying for 1K. Seemed like enough of an excuse to visit a good friend in Vancouver next week. I booked a 4 segment flight from IAH to YVR and back. It's a United issued ticket (016) but one segment from DEN to YVR is Air Canada Express (D class biz fare). Return legs are all on United metal. The total fare should have been 1600ish PQP and 4 segments but when I received the confirmation itinerary email and when I check the UA app it says accruals for the trip is 1100 PQP and 3 PQF. Do I get 0 PQP or PQF for this segment? Or are they credited some other way? Should I cancel and book another flight on all UA metal?

Last edited by tx_wiingman; Dec 7, 2022 at 12:52 pm
Old Dec 7, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by cfischer
This needs to get resolved by MP, would have been faster to Email MP right away. I emailed MP today and got a response in less than 8 hours ... maybe you should try this
'Wrote MP on Sunday. No response from MP or the GS desk to this issue.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 3:41 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tx_wiingman
...I booked a 4 segment flight from IAH to YVR and back. It's a United issued ticket (016) but one segment from DEN to YVR is Air Canada Express (D class biz fare). Return legs are all on United metal. The total fare should have been 1600ish PQP and 4 segments but when I received the confirmation itinerary email and when I check the UA app it says accruals for the trip is 1100 PQP and 3 PQF. Do I get 0 PQP or PQF for this segment? Or are they credited some other way? Should I cancel and book another flight on all UA metal?
No need to change, this should post as if it was a UA flight and you will get the full ticket PQPs. This itin error does happen but almost always posts correctly (while there have been some posting errors recent, it seems to be an unrelated error).

So take the flights and if it does not post correctly, drop MileagePlus Service Center a note and it will be corrected.

Note it is not unusual for the online itin earnings to correct themselves before the flight.
tx_wiingman likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 11:02 pm

PQPs from Courtesy Flight

Hi Everyone!

Getting some thoughts on this situation: due to flight cancellations, UA scheduled me a courtesy business flight in lieu of my original booked flight, which gave me around 500 more PQPs than what my original ticket price. Since I just passed the platinum line with those PQPs, would this come up in an account review and potentially revoke my status?
Old Dec 10, 2022, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyerTalk199
Hi Everyone!

Getting some thoughts on this situation: due to flight cancellations, UA scheduled me a courtesy business flight in lieu of my original booked flight, which gave me around 500 more PQPs than what my original ticket price. Since I just passed the platinum line with those PQPs, would this come up in an account review and potentially revoke my status?
They could, but they likely won't, at least as long as you don't draw attention to it for other reasons (e.g., asking for adjusted lifetime credit if original routing was longer). Enjoy.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 10:20 am

Wondering if anyone has had this issue:

016 ticket on Swiss (outbound UA codeshare, return is LX code). Points from outbound posted with PQPs and mileage earnings calculated on fare that is ~$1k lower than base fare (ignoring fuel charge which I think is also supposed to earn PQP). Two questions:
+ is there anything wonky with earning on Swiss that I should be aware of?
+ should I call in immediately or best to wait until completed round trip in 10 days?
Old Jan 11, 2023, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aa4ever
Wondering if anyone has had this issue:

016 ticket on Swiss (outbound UA codeshare, return is LX code). Points from outbound posted with PQPs and mileage earnings calculated on fare that is ~$1k lower than base fare (ignoring fuel charge which I think is also supposed to earn PQP). Two questions:
+ is there anything wonky with earning on Swiss that I should be aware of?
+ should I call in immediately or best to wait until completed round trip in 10 days?
There have been several recent reports of weirdness with LH group. (And, yes, fuel surcharge should also earn PQPs). Wait until after the flights have been taken, as UA will sometimes assign them to various legs oddly. If the total doesn't match up, the Mileage Plus Service Center can help you.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.