Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect / Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Incorrect / Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2023, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by char777
Aww, too bad. Thanks for the clarification.

The connection isn't awful – it's 1h10m on the ground at FRA. Another option had about a 4 hour layover. However the excursionist perk isn't free– it may be 0 miles, but the taxes were about $94. To book the same LCY-FRA-BER on LH in cash is $211. BA nonstop is about the same, and Sleazyjet with a carry-on bag add-on is only about $15 less.

So what do I value? Saving $100? Earning PQF? Or flying nonstop?
Academic point, but I suppose over half of those taxes are still in the BA ticket. Anyway, I would also still take the connection for $100. You can eat a pretzel an have a weissbier between gates to offset even more. Depends on what else you are doing that day, though!

edit: in case it's a consideration for you, you'll need to go through passport control during the layover. I haven't had any terrible experiences with exactly that circumstance (LCY-FRA-Schengen), but it's worth contemplating.
SPN Lifer and char777 like this.
Old May 28, 2023, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by fumje
No need for white knuckles. You will earn at least 967 PQP for that trip (often one or two extra). It'll credit correctly, or it won't. But if it doesn't, you only need to write to MPSC, and it will be revised appropriately.

Award segments on non-UA metal don't earn any credit. It should be 0 PQP and 0 PQP for the LCY-FRA-BER flights.

Is the connection time really terrible? I would do a stop in FRA for the price of free.

edit: somehow I'm very slow to post! 😴
doesn’t matter for excursionist perk segments. They are valued at 0. Recent UA/UA TATL with intra-EU flights as excursionist perk earned 1200 PQP for an IN ticket
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 29, 2023, 11:28 am

Programs: IHG, UA, Lifemiles, Connect Miles
Originally Posted by martinknutson
I'm seeing something odd with a recent booking on United done through our work travel portal, and I'm trying to figure out what to do... Looking in the mobile app, it says "Some segments are not eligible for earning miles", but gives me no further information. I called the 1K help desk M+ support, and they tell me it's just a glitch, and their system shows 966 PQM. I'm trying to figure out whether to trust them or not. I've never seen this sort of glitch, but nearly all of my flying is in the lower 48. I expected the AC segment to introduce an oddity, but this is more than that.
I can confirm it's a glitch. I've received the same message, but the PQP/Miles get reflected with no issues after completing each leg. This happens to me only in itineraries that 1) I book through my company's travel portal and 2) include international segments.

Hope this helps.
Old May 29, 2023, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfischer
doesn’t matter for excursionist perk segments. They are valued at 0. Recent UA/UA TATL with intra-EU flights as excursionist perk earned 1200 PQP for an IN ticket
Yes, 0 for PQP, but if the excursionist segment(s) were UA operated, I would expect it/them to earn 1 PQF each. In practice, most excursionist segments won't be UA operated, though.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Has anyone had issues with OTA tickets (Capital One Travel in this case) showing ineligible earnings recently? I've got a W fare where the UA website/app claim 0 miles earned.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 1:46 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Polytonic
Has anyone had issues with OTA tickets (Capital One Travel in this case) showing ineligible earnings recently? I've got a W fare where the UA website/app claim 0 miles earned.
It has happened in the past to all sort of tickets from all sorts of purchase paths and as related in this thread, usually posts fine. And easy to corrected if does not.
Polytonic likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 2:30 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Flying BKK-NRT-SFO next weekend. First flight UA codeshare on NH metal, second flight UA. Booked on united.com. Receipt and website both show 0 PQP/PQF for the first leg, and about 2/3rds what the total should be for the second flight (ie, 2nd flight is likely correct). I'm sure it'll post correctly, but still annoying this still isn't working
Old Jun 3, 2023, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by docbert
Flying BKK-NRT-SFO next weekend. First flight UA codeshare on NH metal, second flight UA. Booked on united.com. Receipt and website both show 0 PQP/PQF for the first leg, and about 2/3rds what the total should be for the second flight (ie, 2nd flight is likely correct). I'm sure it'll post correctly, but still annoying this still isn't working
While nice to see the individual segment breakout, total PQP is plainly displayed on the receipt (Airfare+if any, International surcharge). So having the UA segment will give you the NH segment. Except in final posting, the split can change. So I only watch the total.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
While nice to see the individual segment breakout, total PQP is plainly displayed on the receipt (Airfare+if any, International surcharge).
Well, yes and no. My "Airfare" is listed as 17200.00, and my International Surcharge is 145.00, so I guess I'm going to be rolling in the miles/PQP here?

There's also a "Equivalent Airfare" of 496.00. Presumably the amount above is in Thai Baht, whilst the equivalent amount and the surcharge are in USD, but there's nothing to actually make that clear. So yes, if I know to pick and choose (just) those 2 numbers (out of the 13 items listed - none with currencies!) then sure, I can guess the total. If I'd paid with one of my Australian credit cards, I'm guessing at least some of the numbers would have been AUD which would have made it even more complex.

But yes, your point is correct - the total PQP is relatively easy to work out. Which does not explain why UA gets it so wrong and explicitly lists the total as 410. These are UA-numbers flights (one of them a NH metal, but that should be irrelevant), on a 016 ticket. It's about the 2nd most simple case for them to handle (after all UA metal on 016), and they screw it up.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 9:13 pm

PE ticket issued by United and operated by LH shows 0 miles accrual

I just purchased a ticket in premium economy SFO-MUC-PRG (roundrip). SFO-MUC, MUC-PRG and PRG-MUC legs are operated by LH. The ticket has been issued by united (starts with 016), but the SFO-MUC leg shows 0 miles and PQP/PQF accrual. All other legs are showing expected mileage. I find this highly disappointing - spent over 2500 on that ticket. The booking class is R, but the ticket is starting with 016, so it should earn miles according to united: https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...lufthansa.html. I tried support, but so far they were not able to help. Anyone has similar experience?
Old Jun 5, 2023, 9:19 pm

It will credit fine based on the amount of base fare and mandatory surcharges..
jsloan and SPN Lifer like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 5, 2023 at 10:15 pm Reason: post move cleanup, thanks for the link
Old Jun 5, 2023, 10:07 pm

Perfect, thank you. So this is pretty much UA website glitch?
Old Jun 5, 2023, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by SnowmanX
Perfect, thank you. So this is pretty much UA website glitch?
Especially for just purchased partner flights. It may or not may straight out in the future. But posting incorrectly after travel is rarely an issue.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 10:41 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by fumje
Yes, 0 for PQP, but if the excursionist segment(s) were UA operated, I would expect it/them to earn 1 PQF each. In practice, most excursionist segments won't be UA operated, though.
Why would the excursionist segment be O PQP if operated by a Star carrier and issued on 016 stock? I am surprised that their IT systems can pick up a "free" segment like that with all the other issues they have granting PQP on award tickets.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by uanj
Why would the excursionist segment be O PQP if operated by a Star carrier and issued on 016 stock? I am surprised that their IT systems can pick up a "free" segment like that with all the other issues they have granting PQP on award tickets.
Because the fare construction for the excursionist segment pends a designator of 0 (miles) onto the fare basis for that line-of-flight, so it's actually extremely easy for it to identify. And even if it wasn't an excursionist segment, it would be 0 PQP/PQF if operated by a star carrier, because you don't earn PQP/PQFs on star alliance carriers on award tickets. PQP/PQFs only earn on awards that are UA operated.
SPN Lifer, Xyzzy and uanj like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.