Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect / Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Incorrect / Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2023, 10:35 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by aa4ever
Wondering if anyone has had this issue:

016 ticket on Swiss (outbound UA codeshare, return is LX code). Points from outbound posted with PQPs and mileage earnings calculated on fare that is ~$1k lower than base fare (ignoring fuel charge which I think is also supposed to earn PQP). Two questions:
+ is there anything wonky with earning on Swiss that I should be aware of?
+ should I call in immediately or best to wait until completed round trip in 10 days?
It is best to wait for ten days after the completion of the trip before you call MP service center. Good luck.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by aa4ever
Wondering if anyone has had this issue:

016 ticket on Swiss (outbound UA codeshare, return is LX code). Points from outbound posted with PQPs and mileage earnings calculated on fare that is ~$1k lower than base fare (ignoring fuel charge which I think is also supposed to earn PQP). Two questions:
+ is there anything wonky with earning on Swiss that I should be aware of?
+ should I call in immediately or best to wait until completed round trip in 10 days?
it’s pretty bad right now with 016 tickets and LH/LX credit. Once they all credited reach out, no need to wait for 10 days. The myth they will self-correct is just that … a myth
Old Jan 24, 2023, 10:05 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I had an all-UA itin which posted almost $2k less PQP than it should have. Guess I'll give it a few days and then contact the MP Service Center.

Probably the irrops messed things up; we got stuck in ORD overnight after a 4 hour MX (combo of things, but over 1.5h was an inop lav on a 787, for the IAD-ORD segment... really?!) caused a misconnect. But even before that, the first segment (IAD-ORD) booked in R posted a whopping 42 PQP, which seemed wrong.

ETA: My wife's award ticket earned the same PQP as my revenue ticket, which really pushes me toward the Polaris agent's irrops handling is what ultimately messed things up. Not that I'm complaining that she relatively-quickly fixed the irrops issue and also issued hotel and meal vouchers, etc., but am pointing to that as the cause. Because I don't see her saver award (J outbound, Y return) having the same earnings under the new program as my revenue ticket (Premium Y outbound, Y return, upgraded outbound to J).

Last edited by exerda; Jan 24, 2023 at 5:06 pm
Old Mar 2, 2023, 11:44 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
I've had accrual errors in my itineraries before when partners were involved, but this is a new one to me: Fully domestic all UA itinerary that I had a chat agent revise due to weather waivers. Now the website shows '0 miles for this trip' and the e-mail receipt doesn't even mention accruals.

Nothing to do but wait and hope it posts correctly and then connect MP afterwards if it doesn't post?
Old Mar 2, 2023, 12:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ty97
I've had accrual errors in my itineraries before when partners were involved, but this is a new one to me: Fully domestic all UA itinerary that I had a chat agent revise due to weather waivers. Now the website shows '0 miles for this trip' and the e-mail receipt doesn't even mention accruals. ...
Not unknown, it may correct itself in days / weeks.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 6:53 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, TrueBlue, SkyMiles, HH SM, Amtrak Guest Rewards
I have a work trip booked today, and I see this on my itinerary: "0 miles earned this trip"
Does this mean I won't earn any miles?
Old Mar 3, 2023, 6:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by dx3003
I have a work trip booked today, and I see this on my itinerary: "0 miles earned this trip"
No, it just means that United's IT sucks.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 7:19 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
If this is a paid UA operated itinerary, you will earn miles. And generally true for most partner flights. However, for a variety of reason, the website may should 0 miles. Many times this will correct itself. Most times it will post correctly and in the rare case you may need to call to correct.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 8:22 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, TrueBlue, SkyMiles, HH SM, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
If this is a paid UA operated itinerary, you will earn miles. And generally true for most partner flights. However, for a variety of reason, the website may should 0 miles. Many times this will correct itself. Most times it will post correctly and in the rare case you may need to call to correct.
oh I see. thx
(didn't know there was a devoted thread to this...)
Old Mar 24, 2023, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
Domestic one-way itinerary, first time in years that the actual PQP and total miles earned were far below (55%) the amount shown in the reservation, which correctly reflected the ticket price net of taxes and fees. Only changes to the reservation was a need to rebook once due to a cancelled flight, but accruals in reservation didn't change because ticket price stayed the same. Will contact MP Service Center, but wondering what could have caused this.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by lotemblizej
Domestic one-way itinerary, first time in years that the actual PQP and total miles earned were far below (55%) the amount shown in the reservation, which correctly reflected the ticket price net of taxes and fees. Only changes to the reservation was a need to rebook once due to a cancelled flight, but accruals in reservation didn't change because ticket price stayed the same. Will contact MP Service Center, but wondering what could have caused this.
The irrops and rebooking caused it. I've had that exact experience several times the past year. My suspicion is that something gets out of sync between the actual flight segments and the ticket when the agent is putting the changed flights on.
jsloan and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
Originally Posted by exerda
The irrops and rebooking caused it. I've had that exact experience several times the past year. My suspicion is that something gets out of sync between the actual flight segments and the ticket when the agent is putting the changed flights on.
Thanks very much for sharing your experience. That makes sense to me, and should be easy to correct by contacting UA.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond
My next trip shows 0 miles earned online. The emailed receipt shows the correct mileage and the twitter team confirmed. We shall see. I have t had this happen before.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by lotemblizej
Thanks very much for sharing your experience. That makes sense to me, and should be easy to correct by contacting UA.
Indeed; I've typically given it 48 hours, then written in. The correct miles typically post (as an adjustment, with a separate line item) within another 48 hours. You could also call the Mileage Plus service desk; I'd still give it 48 hours from the original flight posting just so they don't push back with "give it some time."
Old Mar 25, 2023, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by fed planner
My next trip shows 0 miles earned online. The emailed receipt shows the correct mileage and the twitter team confirmed. We shall see. I have t had this happen before.
lucky you ... never happened before . Many post correctly, but you have to check! This year 90% of my flights are crediting incorrectly ... I am considering sending this to the US DOT for review ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.