Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC

Update to my receipts now show the RDMs earned prior to flying.

This is for EWR-SFO, and SFO-EWR.

MileagePlus® totals: 3,003 Award Miles
5,130 PQM | 2 PQS | $273 PQD
View MileagePlus earning information (This is a link that then opens a pop-up):

Mr. aacharya Award miles PQM PQS PQD
Premier® 1K member 3,003 5,130 2 $273
EWR - SFO 1,529 2,565 1 $139
SFO - EWR 1,474 2,565 1 $134
Total: 3,003 5,130 2 $273

Also - if there are waitlisted flights (for upgrades), this notice will appear, but the breakdown will still be there at the link:

This itinerary includes one or more flights that are ineligible to earn mileage or Premier qualifying credit

Last edited by aacharya; Mar 9, 2015 at 11:40 am
Old Mar 9, 2015, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by aacharya
Update to my receipts now show the RDMs earned prior to flying.

This is for EWR-SFO, and SFO-EWR.

MileagePlus® totals: 3,003 Award Miles
5,130 PQM | 2 PQS | $273 PQD
View MileagePlus earning information (This is a link that then opens a pop-up):

Mr. aacharya Award miles PQM PQS PQD
Premier® 1K member 3,003 5,130 2 $273
EWR - SFO 1,529 2,565 1 $139
SFO - EWR 1,474 2,565 1 $134
Total: 3,003 5,130 2 $273

Also - if there are waitlisted flights (for upgrades), this notice will appear, but the breakdown will still be there at the link:

This itinerary includes one or more flights that are ineligible to earn mileage or Premier qualifying credit
Seems like it isn't calculating PQDs properly for some res:

Old Mar 9, 2015, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edcho
Seems like it isn't calculating PQDs properly for some res:

No, that's accurate. The taxes and fees aspect is never accurate on the receipt, as some taxes and fees are in the "price".
Old Mar 9, 2015, 12:14 pm

No, that's accurate. The taxes and fees aspect is never accurate on the receipt, as some taxes and fees are in the "price".
Which taxes and fees?

Fare Breakdown

Airfare: 1,465.00 USD
U.S. Customs User Fee: 5.50
U.S. Immigration User Fee: 7.00
U.S. APHIS User Fee: 5.00
U.S. Federal Transportation Tax: 35.40
September 11th Security Fee:11.20
Peru Tourism Tax : 15.00
Peru Airport Departure Tax: 30.74
U.S. Passenger Facility Charge: 10.50
Per Person Total: 1,585.34 USD
eTicket Total: 1,585.34 USD
Old Mar 9, 2015, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Interesting...do you have any non-UA flights on there? (I was assuming something was amiss in international surchage or something else, even though YQ is part of PQD).
Old Mar 9, 2015, 12:19 pm

It only shows on some reservations for me...... Typical UA only doing things half {way}

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 9, 2015 at 1:11 pm Reason: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed. http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#offensive
Old Mar 9, 2015, 12:20 pm

Interesting...do you have any non-UA flights on there? (I was assuming something was amiss in international surchage or something else, even though YQ is part of PQD).
Nope -- all UA metal.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I think there are YQ issues. My $424 EWR-MXP trip says "PQS:2, PQD: $51", but there is more than $51 YQ in that fare.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
The 'international surcharge' portion of tickets (YQ) is not being added to the quoted amounts. Thus, I see an incrrect totals for PQD and RDM.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 12:29 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by myb821
It only shows on some reservations for me...... Typical UA only doing things half {way}
What ones are not showing?

Only missing on award reservations for me but non-016 stock might also be missing.

Note on multiple person PNRs, it is a little different and is called "View MileagePlus earning information"
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
The 'international surcharge' portion of tickets (YQ) is not being added to the quoted amounts. Thus, I see an incrrect totals for PQD and RDM.

My international itins look correct

Although multiple flags suggesting partner data may not be correct.
This itinerary includes one or more flights that are ineligible to earn mileage or Premier qualifying credit.
Award miles shown are the miles that can be earned for this flight. Mileage accrued will vary depending on the terms and conditions of your frequent flyer program.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 9, 2015 at 1:11 pm Reason: self merge
Old Mar 9, 2015, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA

Only missing on award reservations for me but non-016 stock might also be missing.
I am missing it on one, which just went through a schedule change and re-ticketing to a different routing this morning. That might be a reason? Other than that, I have information on all of mine (9 so far).
Old Mar 9, 2015, 12:48 pm

Friend has an LH stock ticket that is showing as earning PQD. Told him to screenshot it for contestion later...
Old Mar 9, 2015, 12:57 pm

I have three reservation in my account and only one shows the breakdown. of the two that dont show it One is a simple den-bos RT and one is a multi leg ticket mostly on partners but with 016 ticket stock. The one that does show is an int business RT ticket den-sin (obviously not direct). O and the one that does show it doesnt include the YQ in the PQD......... Typical UA
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:08 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Well, at least UA is trying!
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA

Note on multiple person PNRs, it is a little different and is called "View MileagePlus earning information"

My international itins look correct

Although multiple flags suggesting partner data may not be correct.
The ticket ttal is $487 and I'm seeing this:

MileagePlus® totals:
1,166 Award Miles
7,394 PQM | 2 PQS | $106 PQD

1 Adult (18-64) $106.00
Additional Taxes/Fees $381.20
Total $487.20

Taxes/Fees
U.S. Customs User Fee $5.50
U.S. APHIS User Fee $5.00
U.S. Federal Transportation Tax $35.00
U.S. Immigration User Fee $7.00
Norway Passenger Charge $18.60
International Surcharge $300.00
U.S. Passenger Facility Charge $4.50
September 11th Security Fee $5.60

I have additional reservations with the same problem, some of which have partner flights attached. Those partner flights, despite being issued as 016 tickets (for travel on LH for example) display the message, "Ineligible to accrue mileage or Premier qualifying credit."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.