Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect / Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2023, 5:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by UAschoolflyer
....even though they are UA codeshare with UA flight numbers. ...
Codeshare has no impact on earnings, all that matters is the flight operator.

If the Jazz flights are mileage earning (Comfort, Flex, Standard, & BE), you will earn fare base PQPs when booked on UA ticket, regardless of what the reservation system says
Old Apr 23, 2023, 7:52 am

Programs: UA
I have an award itinerary (booked in MP) that I've changed a few times - most recent change was this AM. 2 legs on UA metal. PQPs were showing before this most recent change, but now I'm seeing "2 PQF | -- PQP"

Will this correct itself?
Old Apr 23, 2023, 9:56 am

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by UAFFSFO
I have an award itinerary (booked in MP) that I've changed a few times - most recent change was this AM. 2 legs on UA metal. PQPs were showing before this most recent change, but now I'm seeing "2 PQF | -- PQP"

Will this correct itself?
Yes. If it doesn’t, reach out to United and they will be able to fix it for you.
Old May 9, 2023, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA GS
Doesn't exactly apply to this thread but couldn't find the relevant one.

I have a flight booked for tomorrow EWR-PTY-GYE that I booked via UA and is 016 ticket stock. I then called 1K to convert the CM flight to a CM flight number so I could apply PP to upgrade.

Upgrade clears but there was a huge issue with synching the tickets that took 3 hours of phone calls to fix. Now the only issue is that when I look at the accruals section for my trip it is saying 0 PQP and 0 PQF as "1 or all of my segments are ineligible for PQF and PQP." This shouldn't be the case given ticket classes are PZ, Z, J, and D for outbound and return legs. Is the system just not updating and it will all post as normal once I land or is this a real SNAFU? Please help lol
Old May 9, 2023, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChazzaBazza

I have a flight booked for tomorrow EWR-PTY-GYE that I booked via UA and is 016 ticket stock. I then called 1K to convert the CM flight to a CM flight number so I could apply PP to upgrade.

Upgrade clears but there was a huge issue with synching the tickets that took 3 hours of phone calls to fix. Now the only issue is that when I look at the accruals section for my trip it is saying 0 PQP and 0 PQF as "1 or all of my segments are ineligible for PQF and PQP." This shouldn't be the case given ticket classes are PZ, Z, J, and D for outbound and return legs. Is the system just not updating and it will all post as normal once I land or is this a real SNAFU? Please help lol
Everything is likely to post normally, but if it doesn't, UA will be able to see the history and credit accordingly.

SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 9, 2023, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by ChazzaBazza

Fly as is, and deal with it after if something doesn't sync.

This is a UA (016) ticket, so the PQP would be based on the fare you paid.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old May 9, 2023, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA GS
Thank you thank you!
jsloan likes this.
Old May 27, 2023, 7:02 am

Programs: UA 1MM, 1K, HHonors Gold
United booking earning no miles?

I'm seeing something odd with a recent booking on United done through our work travel portal, and I'm trying to figure out what to do. The trip is:

UA 2230 SFO-ORD (U)
UA 4388/AC 3579 ORD-YOW (V)
UA 3547 YOW-EWR (L)
UA 2046 EWR-SFO (V)

Normally I do seat selection outside of the work portal, as they don't understand my ability to upgrade to E+ at no cost, and for the first 30 minutes or so after booking, United seemed to have forgotten it, as it was trying to charge me for selecting seats in E+ for about 30 minutes, but that straightened itself out.

The eticket receipt puts the fare portion of the trip at 966.74, but when I look at the earning for the trip in the United portal, it says "0 miles earned for this trip". Looking in the mobile app, it says "Some segments are not eligible for earning miles", but gives me no further information. I called the 1K help desk M+ support, and they tell me it's just a glitch, and their system shows 966 PQM. I'm trying to figure out whether to trust them or not. I've never seen this sort of glitch, but nearly all of my flying is in the lower 48. I expected the AC segment to introduce an oddity, but this is more than that.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 27, 2023 at 11:29 am Reason: moved to subject thread
Old May 27, 2023, 7:24 am

It will credit fine,

In my experience, the projected earnings are based on the fare construction line on the ticket and if it's not formatted perfectly the system can't display the projected amount.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 27, 2023 at 11:28 am Reason: cleanup post merge, thanks for the link
Old May 27, 2023, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by martinknutson
I'm seeing something odd with a recent booking on United done through our work travel portal, and I'm trying to figure out what to do. The trip is:

UA 2230 SFO-ORD (U)
UA 4388/AC 3579 ORD-YOW (V)
UA 3547 YOW-EWR (L)
UA 2046 EWR-SFO (V)

Normally I do seat selection outside of the work portal, as they don't understand my ability to upgrade to E+ at no cost, and for the first 30 minutes or so after booking, United seemed to have forgotten it, as it was trying to charge me for selecting seats in E+ for about 30 minutes, but that straightened itself out.

The eticket receipt puts the fare portion of the trip at 966.74, but when I look at the earning for the trip in the United portal, it says "0 miles earned for this trip". Looking in the mobile app, it says "Some segments are not eligible for earning miles", but gives me no further information. I called the 1K help desk M+ support, and they tell me it's just a glitch, and their system shows 966 PQM. I'm trying to figure out whether to trust them or not. I've never seen this sort of glitch, but nearly all of my flying is in the lower 48. I expected the AC segment to introduce an oddity, but this is more than that.
Dont need to do anything. It’s pretty common, though less so than it used to be. Seen this probably a dozen+ times over the years. First, I’ve always been properly credited, except once or twice when IRROPS has resulted in a flight change (and really, completely unrelated). Second, it may even sort itself out for the display soon - especially Friday night/Sat morning, when UA is often doing website updates and things can get janky - seat maps not showing, aircraft types displaying wrong (that’s when you occasionally get posts asking if they’re flight to BRU really just got switched to a CRJ, etc).

as to the partner flights, again, never been actually credited improperly, though have seen sometimes when the per segment lines have been incorrect, but the overall amount is correct (ie, 2 segment partner itinerary where leg one says earns 200 miles, leg two says 800, and then it credits the 1000 miles total but leg one earns 400 and leg two earns 600).

All this to say: agent was correct - it’ll credit properly.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 27, 2023, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, 1K, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Lux Flyer
It will credit fine,

In my experience, the projected earnings are based on the fare construction line on the ticket and if it's not formatted perfectly the system can't display the projected amount.
Thanks for the responses, and merging the threads. I'm sorry I didn't find this one initially. Guess I'll white-knuckle it, and fix it afterwards if there is an issue with accruals. With the higher 1K requirements this year, I'm loathe to miss out on any PQP.
Old May 27, 2023, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Hi, I have a question that I think I know the answer to, but I just want to double check.

I booked an award ticket with an excursionist perk. The legs are as follows:

SFO-LHR (on UA)
LCY-FRA-BER (on LH)
BER-IAD-SFO (on UA)

Obviously I will earn 3 PQF for the UA segments. What about LH? Website shows 1 PQF and 0 PQP, but I would think I would earn 2 PQF for that portion. It's two separate flights with two different flight numbers. I'm guessing this is simply a case of united.com not showing earning information correctly.

The excursionist perk portion seemed like a great way to pick up some extra PQF now that they earn them, but if I'm mistaken, then I'll probably cancel that portion and rebook nonstop on BA.
Old May 27, 2023, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by char777
Hi, I have a question that I think I know the answer to, but I just want to double check.

SFO-LHR (on UA)
LCY-FRA-BER (on LH)
BER-IAD-SFO (on UA)

Obviously I will earn 3 PQF for the UA segments. What about LH? Website shows 1 PQF and 0 PQP, but I would think I would earn 2 PQF for that portion. It's two separate flights with two different flight numbers. I'm guessing this is simply a case of united.com not showing earning information correctly.

The excursionist perk portion seemed like a great way to pick up some extra PQF now that they earn them, but if I'm mistaken, then I'll probably cancel that portion and rebook nonstop on BA.
You only earn for the portion of award tickets operated on UA metal. The LH flights will earn 0 PQP and 0 PQF. So yes, it is a case of united.com not showing earning information correctly - just in the wrong way for you in this case.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 27, 2023, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by martinknutson
Thanks for the responses, and merging the threads. I'm sorry I didn't find this one initially. Guess I'll white-knuckle it, and fix it afterwards if there is an issue with accruals. With the higher 1K requirements this year, I'm loathe to miss out on any PQP.
No need for white knuckles. You will earn at least 967 PQP for that trip (often one or two extra). It'll credit correctly, or it won't. But if it doesn't, you only need to write to MPSC, and it will be revised appropriately.

Originally Posted by char777

SFO-LHR (on UA)
LCY-FRA-BER (on LH)
BER-IAD-SFO (on UA)

Award segments on non-UA metal don't earn any credit. It should be 0 PQP and 0 PQP for the LCY-FRA-BER flights.

Is the connection time really terrible? I would do a stop in FRA for the price of free.

edit: somehow I'm very slow to post! 😴
Old May 27, 2023, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by fumje
Award segments on non-UA metal don't earn any credit. It should be 0 PQP and 0 PQP for the LCY-FRA-BER flights.

Is the connection time really terrible? I would do a stop in FRA for the price of free.

edit: somehow I'm very slow to post! 😴
Aww, too bad. Thanks for the clarification.

The connection isn't awful – it's 1h10m on the ground at FRA. Another option had about a 4 hour layover. However the excursionist perk isn't free– it may be 0 miles, but the taxes were about $94. To book the same LCY-FRA-BER on LH in cash is $211. BA nonstop is about the same, and Sleazyjet with a carry-on bag add-on is only about $15 less.

So what do I value? Saving $100? Earning PQF? Or flying nonstop?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.