Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect / Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Incorrect / Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2022, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Is this a UA (016) or LH (220) ticket? That makes a difference. An LH segment on an LH issued ticket credits PQP as # of award miles / 5. I've not seen UA quote such amounts but I hardly pay attention prior to posting given their lousy track record of accuracy in such matters -- as evidenced by this thread.
It's a UA ticket. That's the only ticket receipt that would show PQP.
-RM
Old Oct 21, 2022, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
It's a UA ticket. That's the only ticket receipt that would show PQP.
-RM
I don't think so. This evening I booked an ANA ticket on the ANA web site. I'm crediting the segments to UA. Two segments are UA metal with UA flight numbers. The rest are ANA metal with ANA flight numbers. UA shws this for projected PQP earning:

I'm not sure whether the PQP is correct, but it is pretty close to what I expected prior to booking.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
My upcoming trip tomorrow. Booked it in Sept. 016 all UA flights Bulk Applied PP+, Upgrades cleared over water. From Sept until this early this morning showed correct 6 PQF | 4300 PQP . This morning one of my WL YYZ-EWR cleared. Now it shows :0 miles earned this trip.

Another Data Point From Sept until when I checked regularly My Premier Status Page : It was showing up under Future Travel with correct PQP. Today it is not showing up under the Future Trips. Only my other DEC trip is showing up as my future trip.
*BTW, Not trusting UA IT updates, I have screenshots of The EARNED points as well as Screenshot of My Premier Status page where until this morning it showed as my future trip.*
Insights from in house Experts Jsloan, WineCountryUA, Kacee Lux Flyer be welcomed

On another note; 7 NOV UA 2097 booked i R Downgraded to 757 rebooked in Y. No Flat bed. I thought all 757 to & from SFO to EWR had flat beds. I do not want apply PP+ if it is regular Bus seats. Prefer Exit Row in coach.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by yyzprincess
My upcoming trip tomorrow. Booked it in Sept. 016 all UA flights Bulk Applied PP+, Upgrades cleared over water. From Sept until this early this morning showed correct 6 PQF | 4300 PQP . This morning one of my WL YYZ-EWR cleared. Now it shows :0 miles earned this trip.

Another Data Point From Sept until when I checked regularly My Premier Status Page : It was showing up under Future Travel with correct PQP. Today it is not showing up under the Future Trips. Only my other DEC trip is showing up as my future trip.
*BTW, Not trusting UA IT updates, I have screenshots of The EARNED points as well as Screenshot of My Premier Status page where until this morning it showed as my future trip.*
Insights from in house Experts Jsloan, WineCountryUA, Kacee Lux Flyer be welcomed

On another note; 7 NOV UA 2097 booked i R Downgraded to 757 rebooked in Y. No Flat bed. I thought all 757 to & from SFO to EWR had flat beds. I do not want apply PP+ if it is regular Bus seats. Prefer Exit Row in coach.
while not one of the aforementioned experts, and contrary to your ‘trust’ (or lack thereof) in UA IT, your trip will almost certainly post correctly (the biggest chance of this not happening is due to last minute IRROPS which require flight changes).

people have complained as neuseum ever since the display of PQ items (starting back with say, PQD when they first counted spend as a factor). Buggy as the display can be, especially when partner segments are involved or occasionally fare class changes (like for upgrades), they almost always post correctly. Don’t take my experience for it - look back through FT and there is a ton of similar evidence from reports. I have a few cases of incorrect premier qualifying activities posting - but all were due to IRROPS (and a inproper roll back of miles properly earned when changing back to a US address after being an expat, which incorrectly affected my status until fixed). These issues were fixed when brought to MPs attention - without pushback. Trust me - UA has all the data they need to fix any issues that do arise - they have the history of every ticket from purchase - even a record of what agent made what changes, etc.

UA IT, like any airline, is not perfect. And despite some issues with it, including at times PQP display errors, the system that posts mileage almost always does it correctly once you take the flight. I don’t know how many times I have seen a particular segment (or whole itin) isn’t eligible for mileage accrual when there is no reason it shouldn’t be - and all - like I said except for the amount of times I can count on one hand due to last minute IRROPS - have posted pretty much as I expected. UA IT seems to be best in class in the industry - including with a leading, feature-rich app, and the ability to do many things online that simply can’t be done on other carriers. Seriously - if your trip posts incorrectly - call and get it fixed and it’ll be done - but I highly doubt.you’ll need it. Dispute your distrust of the system - there’s almost nothing an agent can do before hand anyway - just enjoy your trip and just deal with incorrect postings if, and when, it happens.
jsloan, SPN Lifer and United747 like this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wouldn't ever worry about what the projected PQP shows. After you fly, reconcile the total PQP credit with your receipt's airfare + YQ lines. If you received less credit than the sum of those, write to MPSC for an adjustment.

All 752 do have flat bed seats, so I expect your UA2097 will be served with flat bed in J. For some strange reason the website is showing the wrong icon on those planes, starting Nov. For my personal preference though, I would asked to be moved to one of the later two redeyes (UA 2157 2240h depart / UA2059 2350 depart) and be put back in P+ with an upgrade waitlisted. Looks like decent chance to clear for those.
jsloan, SPN Lifer and United747 like this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by fumje
I wouldn't ever worry about what the projected PQP shows. After you fly, reconcile the total PQP credit with your receipt's airfare + YQ lines. If you received less credit than the sum of those, write to MPSC for an adjustment.

All 752 do have flat bed seats, so I expect your UA2097 will be served with flat bed in J. For some strange reason the website is showing the wrong icon on those planes, starting Nov. For my personal preference though, I would asked to be moved to one of the later two redeyes (UA 2157 2240h depart / UA2059 2350 depart) and be put back in P+ with an upgrade waitlisted. Looks like decent chance to clear for those.
Thanks for your response.
I spoke to 1K desk. The Agent said wait until I fly tomorrow ;UA will take control of the file & can do the changes. Until UA takes control My company corporate travel agent has to do the changes.
He also confirmed he can see the original booking class on UA2097 was "R". He also suggested I change to UA 2157 22:40 & make my EWR-YYZ connecting that I am currently confirmed on.

I do not like P+ seats. I prefer Exit Row. I have lost counts how many times I have given up my P+ transcon if I have not cleared to Pax in Exit Row in coach. I have been lucky thus far I have had takers. May be not be next time. I may stay on the current flight in Exit Row. And if the UA 2097 does have flat bed seats I may request an upgrade.
I purchase P+ for additional PQP .

RE: PQP your posts & others it is UA IT Bug. This is the first time it went to "0" after an upgrade clear. Even though it is a Bulk ticket I paid $5K+. All of my tickets issued via our corporate travel agency are bulk tixs .When the upgrades have been cleared the PQP go up & not to "0". My Dec trip is issued as Bulk tix & it shows correct PQP & shows in the future trip.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for your response.
I spoke to 1K desk. The Agent said wait until I fly tomorrow ;UA will take control of the file & can do the changes. Until UA takes control My company corporate travel agent has to do the changes.
He also confirmed he can see the original booking class on UA2097 was "R". He also suggested I change to UA 2157 22:40 & make my EWR-YYZ connecting that I am currently confirmed on.

I do not like P+ seats. I prefer Exit Row. I have lost counts how many times I have given up my P+ transcon if I have not cleared to Pax in Exit Row in coach. I have been lucky thus far I have had takers. May be not be next time. I may stay on the current flight in Exit Row. And if the UA 2097 does have flat bed seats I may request an upgrade.
I purchase P+ for additional PQP .

RE: PQP your posts & others it is UA IT Bug. This is the first time it went to "0" after an upgrade clear. Even though it is a Bulk ticket I paid $5K+. All of my tickets issued via our corporate travel agency are bulk tixs .When the upgrades have been cleared the PQP go up & not to "0". My Dec trip is issued as Bulk tix & it shows correct PQP & shows in the future trip.
Ah if it is not 016 ticket then the PQP should credit according to the UA/BULK line of the table from this wiki:
Earning Status (PQP) on non-016 Tickets and Partner Metal
(rather than by airfare as I previously mentioned).

Good luck. You might try asking agent about waitlist on UA2157. I think chances of clearing look decent; they look even better on UA2059, but perhaps that doesn't work for your connection. You can look at the list yourself starting 1 Nov to get a better idea (change your computer or phone date to 7 Nov then look up flight status on the website). There is almost no chance of clearing on UA2059.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
Ah if it is not 016 ticket then the PQP should credit according to the UA/BULK line of the table from this wiki:
Earning Status (PQP) on non-016 Tickets and Partner Metal
(rather than by airfare as I previously mentioned).

Good luck. You might try asking agent about waitlist on UA2157. I think chances of clearing look decent; they look even better on UA2059, but perhaps that doesn't work for your connection. You can look at the list yourself starting 1 Nov to get a better idea (change your computer or phone date to 7 Nov then look up flight status on the website). There is almost no chance of clearing on UA2059.
It is 016 Ticket. All UA flight. And Charge on my CC was charged by UA.

Last edited by yyzprincess; Oct 30, 2022 at 12:56 pm
Old Oct 30, 2022, 12:42 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
The bottom line is ignore the incorrect data in the reservation. 99.99% it will post correctly and if it does not, what the reservation says does not matter. BULK tickets are not does not matter for the reservation display issue.

The change to 752 (which all have lie-flat) does mean the lost of PremPlus and the standard response will be economy seat -- no complimentary upgrade to lie-flat. If upgrade space exists, then you can apply the upgrade.
Aircraft Swaps Resulting in PremPlus Downgrade, How handled? How should be handled?
jsloan likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 30, 2022 at 12:48 pm
Old Oct 30, 2022, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The bottom line is ignore the incorrect data in the reservation. 99.99% it will post correctly and if it does not, what the reservation says does not matter. BULK tickets are not does not matter for the reservation display issue.

The change to 752 (which all have lie-flat) does mean the lost of PremPlus and the standard response will be economy seat -- no complimentary upgrade to lie-flat. If upgrade space exists, then you can apply the upgrade.
Aircraft Swaps Resulting in PremPlus Downgrade, How handled? How should be handled?
UA's IT updates are nightmare. Take your advise & ignore that on the reservation. I am happy to use P+ to upgrade. I have 750P+ expiring 31 July 2023. Thank for the link.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 1:06 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
UA's IT updates are nightmare. Take your advise & ignore that on the reservation. ... .
The reservation display isse is not new, it dates back to at least 2015, There may have been one posting error related to a display in among hundreds of examples.
jsloan likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 1:24 pm

The reservation display isse is not new, it dates back to 2015, There may have been one posting error related to a display in among hundreds of examples.
Thank you !
Old Oct 30, 2022, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
The reservation display isse is not new, it dates back to at least 2015, There may have been one posting error related to a display in among hundreds of examples.
Reservation issues, IIRC, dates back to the time when they began displaying this information. To be fair, it’s improved since then - seeing much less of the ineligible the last few years than when it first displayed, but on occasion, yes, still an issue.

the Premier tracker showing estimated future earning also has issues.
jsloan and 2ptraveler like this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have major issues getting proper PQPs credited requiring frequent calls to MP.
Latest MP agent adamantly refused to honor international surcharge (YQ) for the PQP calculation.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I had several in the last month that showed correctly but credited incorrectly. Had to get them corrected. The one I complained about today was pretty bad ... 6132 PQD and 67452 RDM were expected vs. 1639 PQD and 18029 RDM credited

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.