Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect / Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Incorrect / Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2023, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Incorrect PQP listed after booking Europe flight

I just booked ORD-LHR, VIE-ORD on United.com in Premium Economy both legs. (R class on way over, O class on way back) . VIE-ORD is on Austrian metal. Total cost was $3134. ($2220 lump sum air fare, $800 "International surcharge", and some tax change) However when I look at the receipt and reservation it shows I only get a total of 592 PQP for ORD-LHR...and 0 PQP for VIE-ORD. I tried making a mock booking VIE-ORD on UA.com and it looks like economy and business class will get PQP, but not Premium Economy??

What am I missing here?
Old Jun 15, 2023, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
There's a long running thread about how inaccurate the earnings estimates are.

If the PQP doesn't add up to at least 3000 after you fly, then call and complain.
SPN Lifer and DiamondMile like this.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 10:59 am

Programs: AA Gold
just call in and the reps can tell you the correct earnings
Old Jun 15, 2023, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Rest assured that you will likely earn the correct PQP (automatically) despite what it says
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Y'all worry about projected earning being incorrect...well, I have the reversal. Correct projected earning, incorrect actual earning - straight domestic itinerary, all UA, nonstop outbound and return which should earn exactly the same PQP both outbound/return, and yet I got shortchanged - UA IT fail.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Repooc17 , is it exactly the same fare basis code and price (excluding taxes and fees) for both the outbound and return?
Old Jun 20, 2023, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Repooc17 , is it exactly the same fare basis code and price (excluding taxes and fees) for both the outbound and return?
Yep, same fare code (W). 1 segment each way - see projected earning screenshot below. Outbound was okay, return I got 60 PQP less (88 vs. 148 expected).

SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Strangest UA booking ever. Basic economy and NH K-fare earn nothing?

I just did a last-minute booking with UA for a flight to Tokyo. I'm connecting in KIX to HND with NH. It's a cash booking. At the time of booking, there was no indication that it was a BE fare. I would know because there will be a warning at the bottom of the page before continuing. That did not appear. I was also able to select my seats except in NH. I got two emails from UA. There was the e-ticket itinerary and the reservation confirmation. It was in the latter that I realized it was a BE fare. If that's the case, how was I able to select my seats for free?

Since the NH segment is in a UA fare, wouldn't it be 016? Yet, it shows 0 under accrual for all categories. How do I retain my *G status on that segment and credit to another program so I’ll get something? It seems like I’ll earn something on AC and VS? What would you guys do? I'd hate to lose the miles.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsquare
I just did a last-minute booking with UA for a flight to Tokyo. I'm connecting in KIX to HND with NH. It's a cash booking. At the time of booking, there was no indication that it was a BE fare. I would know because there will be a warning at the bottom of the page before continuing. That did not appear. I was also able to select my seats except in NH. I got two emails from UA. There was the e-ticket itinerary and the reservation confirmation. It was in the latter that I realized it was a BE fare. If that's the case, how was I able to select my seats for free?

Since the NH segment is in a UA fare, wouldn't it be 016? Yet, it shows 0 under accrual for all categories. How do I retain my *G status on that segment and credit to another program so I’ll get something? It seems like I’ll earn something on AC and VS? What would you guys do? I'd hate to lose the miles.
Most likely a display error, and you will receive normal credit after flying.

What in the etkt or confn tells you that it's BE? Anyway, BE fares earn PQP.

Maybe related:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...able-fare.html
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 10:46 am

Programs: United Premier Gold, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat, CSR
United PQF Booked Through Chase Travel Portal Issues

Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

Just as the title says. I recently booked a non-BE roundtrip RDU-IAH (booked into T class) for travel in October through the Chase portal and paid with my Chase Sapphire card. I had no issues with ticketing and the reservation showed up immediately in both the United app and website. However, when I pull up the reservation on the United app and look at the "accruals" tab, it says "your itinerary includes one or more flights that are ineligible to earn mileage or Premier qualifying credit." I've booked countless trips on UA and other airlines through the Chase portal and never had this issue before. Is there anything I can do? The fare class (T) should still be eligible for PQP and PQF, so is this an error or should I cancel and rebook directly on United's website? I'd like the bonus if possible through the portal but I'd prefer the PQP/PQF if I need to rebook on the United website directly.

Thanks in advance!
UA804Heavy
Old Jul 19, 2023, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by United804Heavy
Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

Just as the title says. I recently booked a non-BE roundtrip RDU-IAH (booked into T class) for travel in October through the Chase portal and paid with my Chase Sapphire card. I had no issues with ticketing and the reservation showed up immediately in both the United app and website. However, when I pull up the reservation on the United app and look at the "accruals" tab, it says "your itinerary includes one or more flights that are ineligible to earn mileage or Premier qualifying credit." I've booked countless trips on UA and other airlines through the Chase portal and never had this issue before. Is there anything I can do? The fare class (T) should still be eligible for PQP and PQF, so is this an error or should I cancel and rebook directly on United's website? I'd like the bonus if possible through the portal but I'd prefer the PQP/PQF if I need to rebook on the United website directly.

Thanks in advance!
UA804Heavy
It's not an issue with the Chase portal - it's an issue with United displaying the wrong information about earning for your itinerary. You will earn the appropriate PQP / PQF when the flights actually post to your accunt.
jsloan and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 11:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Welcome to FT, United804Heavy!

Never trust what United reports for accrual. You will often see the same issue even when booking directly on united.com.
SPN Lifer and Xyzzy like this.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1mm), Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Hertz Pres
So another example of UA IT not working. Booked a trip to Japan, EWR to HND, SEL to NRT, NRT to EWR. The flights to/from Tokyo are on UA metal and the SEL to NRT is on Asiana. All good booking on United.com but to my surprise the eticket shows no credit for the Asiana flight even though this is P class fare on 016 ticket. Will deal with United later about it. However, when looking at my trip today, it shows zero miles earned for the entire trip. Fail.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 2:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by johnathome
... Will deal with United later about it. ...
Don't bother. There is nothing you can do to change the projected earnings. And for a 016 ticketed, all *A, the trip earnings are easily determined (airfae and any UA surchange -- all the other taxes and fees on the ticket, no).
And in the end this will post correctly, 99.9...% of the time.
No worth your time to bother.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Don't bother. There is nothing you can do to change the projected earnings. And for a 016 ticketed, all *A, the trip earnings are easily determined (airfae and any UA surchange -- all the other taxes and fees on the ticket, no).
And in the end this will post correctly, 99.9...% of the time.
No worth your time to bother.
One caveat. The cheapest business class on OZ is also P-class and P-class earns ZIPPO on UA. Not sure what UA P-class maps to on OZ ... if U-class ... not a problem. If P-class ... Mmmmmm. A random check for SEL-NYC indicates UA (P) likely mapping to OZ (U).
SPN Lifer and Xyzzy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.