Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: l etoile
2014 thread - Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2014)

2016 thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1735773-consolidated-delayed-cancelled-international-flights-2016-a.html
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by kranabargar
UA's "morning" 922 from EWR to LHR is very unreliable. This flight experiences massive delays if there are any MX or other issues. I believe the reason is that they can't land in LHR after 11:30/midnight, which essentially forces the delay to be significant.
"Very" is pretty harsh. Obviously it had a bad week, but before that it had been July 4th since it posted a long delay, and July 21st was its lone cancel of the summer. That's pretty good (sadly) for a UA international flight from EWR.

Originally Posted by transportprof
The simple solution to this problem would be to schedule departure from EWR one hour earlier. The aircraft sits there overnight anyway, and this could provide enough time to fix it before the LHR curfew kicks in.
An hour earlier would kill many connecting opportunities, rendering it less likely to exist in the first place. The slot is what it is.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 4:36 pm
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Competitors should simply run an ad directing people to this thread. The fact that it exists at all is pretty sad.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Plat, Star G, HH Diamond, Hertz 5*
Diverted UA 121 BCN-EWR

First time in my 10 yrs of 1k I have been on a flight that was diverted. We were diverted to Gander, Canada to remove a passenger that was having 'stroke like symptoms'. After, about 2 hours on the ground we left for EWR. There were two issues, first the Captain said United was gong to hold all connecting flights (obviously a lie) and second once we landed at EWR we sat on the tarmac for 1.5 hrs waiting for a gate. It was a complete cluster, most everyone missed their connection, no one was at the arrival gate to aid in the process. I expected a touch more from UA. I obviously called 1k to request comp, will let everyone know how that turns out.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: United 1K
The only expectation from United these days, in my opinion, is that when they have problems things will only get worse and that I expect problems with every flight!
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

9/3: UA7 IAH-NRT Status: Delayed due to a late inbound aircraft arrival (Estimated Departure 5 Hours 10 Minutes Late)

Iam currently at IAH and it seems there are refreshment carts at the gate with drinks for the passengers.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by SFOisHome
1.5 hrs waiting for a gate. It was a complete cluster, most everyone missed their connection, no one was at the arrival gate to aid in the process. I expected a touch more from UA. I obviously called 1k to request comp, will let everyone know how that turns out.
That is always my favorite lie "that a uniformed agent will meet the flight and assist with any questions" at the end of any flight. I haven't seen any in years, they open the door and take off.

Last edited by goalie; Sep 3, 2015 at 2:32 pm Reason: repaired formatting
Old Sep 3, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
It's just a culture of no one taking responsibility from top to bottom. The pilot knows that he can defer frustration by lying and saying they'll hold flights. The Agents will say it's this or that, they'll lie about reason for delay "almost certain to become a weather delay" at which point United will say it is not their problem at all. Management will also say it is not their problem on any level about anything. Thus the reason why the operation is so appalling.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TomMM
9/3: UA7 IAH-NRT Status: Delayed due to a late inbound aircraft arrival (Estimated Departure 5 Hours 10 Minutes Late)

Iam currently at IAH and it seems there are refreshment carts at the gate with drinks for the passengers.
What kind of drinks are being served?

Are they dispensing any of the "crew juice" referred to in this thread?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post25373074
Old Sep 3, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by zoegksf
That is always my favorite lie "that a uniformed agent will meet the flight and assist with any questions" at the end of any flight. I haven't seen any in years, they open the door and take off.
These are the only kind of take-offs that UA performs with 100% consistency.

Last edited by transportprof; Sep 3, 2015 at 5:41 pm Reason: edited quoted post to match edited original post
Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:12 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by TomMM

Looks like same issue that happened earlier in the week with UA being short a sCO 777. As with earlier in the week they had to wait for UA 6 NRT-IAH to arrive which was eventually turned to UA 7 IAH-NRT.

As with earlier this week now, UA 78 is delayed on 9/4

9/4 UA 78 NRT-EWR (N78001) estimated departure 2140, delayed 4 hours 40 minutes due to late inbound.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Gold
UA870 today, delayed by 1 hour to 1pm. Bird strike on landing I believe.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12H143 Safari/600.1.4)

UA21, IAH-GRU which is a 788 is delayed 11:45 so we were waiting for a few minutes to allow some passengers that were rebooked on my IAH-GIG (UA129) to make the flight.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12H143 Safari/600.1.4)

Well, it looks that my flight (UA129) is going to take an "at least a 20 minute delay" because the ramp crew loaded the cargo incorrectly so we have to have it shuffled around since we are tail heavy.

ETA: We just pushed back, so now off to GIG.

Last edited by fgirard; Sep 3, 2015 at 8:50 pm
Old Sep 4, 2015, 12:13 am
Suspended

Looks like both SYD flights (839 from LAX and 863 from SFO) are late AGAIN, by about an hour.

Interesting thing is the Delta, VA and Qantas flights to SYD from LAX departed over an hour ago.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by NewportGuy
Looks like both SYD flights (839 from LAX and 863 from SFO) are late AGAIN, by about an hour.

Interesting thing is the Delta, VA and Qantas flights to SYD from LAX departed over an hour ago.
839 is late because the equipment was late arriving LAX.
863 is late because of the customs issue in SYD. Flight is estimated to arrive about 5 minutes late which to the FAA is still considered on time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.