Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New change address verification for MP (just non-domestic changes)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Submit Verification Documentation

To verify changes to the primary address on your MileagePlus account, please submit two forms of documentation that include your new address. Each document must be dated and include your name, as shown on your MileagePlus account*, and your residential address. The new address cannot be a business address and must match the address listed on the submitted documents. Please block out all non-essential personally identifiable information from the submitted documents.
Read our privacy policy

Accepted address verification documents
1. Change of address confirmation provided by the postal service (United States Postal Service or an international postal service)
2. Copy of postmarked mail with current address listed as forwarding address
3. Government-issued ID (e.g., national identification card, foreign driver’s license)
4. Utility bill dated within the past 90 days
5. Receipt for personal property taxes paid within the past year
6. Rental agreement or residential lease dated within the past year
7. Payroll statement provided by the member’s employer, dated within the past 90 days
8. U.S. military ID
9. Official government/military travel orders or proof of official duty status

Please allow at least 10-14 days for a response and for your account to be updated. Any updates submitted while the request is being processed may be overridden and therefore may not be reflected in your account. We recommend that you do not submit any additional changes until you receive confirmation that your original request has been completed.

*If the member’s name does not match the name on the document being provided, please submit an additional document from the list above,or a marriage or name-change certificate or other government-issued document, that includes both the member’s name and the name on the verification document.
How to verify this triggered the PQD waiver?
Go to https://mystatus.united.com to verify.

related thread
MP status incorrectly downgraded on address change - Options? [UA can restore status]

Any Drawbacks from having MP account registered to foreign address?
Print Wikipost

New change address verification for MP (just non-domestic changes)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, former UA1K MM lifetime (left UA for DL), FPCPlat, DL Biz and Plat Amex
Angry UA wasn't so bad.

My husband is a Canadian resident and citizen and is only a tourist in the US. We both spend roughly 6 months in the other's country, but neither of us have changed residency status for governmental purposes. I always had his mail and addresses sent to my US office.

But with the MQD requirement this year, decided to correct the misconception that he was an American.

I didn't mind the 2 IDs requirement, as a legitimate Canadian resident, it wasn't hard and we were confirmed within a week.

Now I have to do the same for Delta, but they require a fax! In the days of digital scans, etc, we have to send the IDs by fax. Give me a break.

I really prefer DL's customer service, but this requirement sucks.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by privacylawyer
Now I have to do the same for Delta, but they require a fax! In the days of digital scans, etc, we have to send the IDs by fax. Give me a break.

I really prefer DL's customer service, but this requirement sucks.
This is not correct. I changed my address with DL a couple of weeks ago to my Canadian one, even though I rarely fly them, and I was able to attach a document online. Was part of the request flow. Simply attached a bank statement. I don't know exactly how long it took them to confirm, as they don't send a confirmation email or anything, but checked back a week later on the Skymiles site and It was properly changed.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, former UA1K MM lifetime (left UA for DL), FPCPlat, DL Biz and Plat Amex
see below: absolutely correct. rec'd October 13th from DL

Originally Posted by emcampbe
This is not correct. I changed my address with DL a couple of weeks ago to my Canadian one, even though I rarely fly them, and I was able to attach a document online. Was part of the request flow. Simply attached a bank statement. I don't know exactly how long it took them to confirm, as they don't send a confirmation email or anything, but checked back a week later on the Skymiles site and It was properly changed.
Email from DL mileage plus customer service (also reflected on DL.comhttps://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/skymiles/program-rules-conditions.html) :

Thank you for your email to Delta Airlines requesting address change on
your SkyMiles Account.

Certain address changes, including those moving from a primary address
within the 50 United States and the District of Columbia to one outside
of the United States, require the submission of documentation and cannot
be completed over the phone or online.

Members will need to submit one of the following documents via mail or
fax to complete the address change request, and the document must
reflect a residential address and may not be the address of a
corporation or business. Please see below for a full list of acceptable
documentation:

-Government-issued ID with new address (Driver’s License, Learner’s
Permit, Country/State-issued photo ID card)
-Utility bill in customer’s name showing new address, dated within the
past 60 days
-Deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, or residential rental/lease
agreement showing proof of ownership at new address, with customer’s
name and signature. Lease must be dated within the past year (please
block out sensitive information)
-Bank statement with customer’s name and address, dated within the past
60 days (please block out sensitive information)
-Payroll statement with customer’s name and address, dated within the
past 60 days (please block out sensitive information)
-Postal Service change of address confirmation form
-Current automobile or life insurance bill, or homeowner’s or renter’s
insurance bill (cards or policies are not accepted)
-Copy of school records/transcript from a school in which the applicant
is currently enrolled, issued by an accredited school
-Postmarked mail with forwarding address label (must display the
customer’s full name)
-Receipt for personal property taxes or real estate taxes paid within
the last year
-Letter from member’s employer on official company letterhead, detailing
member’s current address. Letter must be signed by employee’s
supervisor with supervisor’s full contact information (name, address,
email address, and phone number)
Members should include their SkyMiles number and signature on all
requests and documentation, and mail or fax the request and supporting
documents to the SkyMiles Account Support group at:

Fax: 404-773-1945
Mail:
Delta Air Lines, Inc.
SkyMiles Account Support
Dept. 654
P.O. Box 20532
Atlanta, GA 30320-2532

Please remember that Delta reserves the right to audit an account at any
time for residency requirements, request further supporting
documentation and update the address for any member's SkyMiles account
using the National Change of Address (NCOA) data filed by relocating
postal customers, but shall have no obligation to do so. Accounts found
in violation are subject to penalty, up to and including termination of
Medallion status and closure of the SkyMiles account.

Last edited by privacylawyer; Oct 30, 2014 at 9:43 pm Reason: to add link
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by privacylawyer
Email from DL mileage plus customer service (also reflected on DL.comhttps://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/skymiles/program-rules-conditions.html) :

Thank you for your email to Delta Airlines requesting address change on
your SkyMiles Account.

Certain address changes, including those moving from a primary address
within the 50 United States and the District of Columbia to one outside
of the United States, require the submission of documentation and cannot
be completed over the phone or online.
Did you email them to request the change, or did you do it through the website?

On the DL website, you upload the documentation right there. I wasn't paying too much attention since I had my docs ready, but presume if you don't upload the documentation, it won't allow you to submit the change in the first place.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
I noticed that DL has "bank statement" on theirs but UA doesn't. Has anyone submitted a bank statement to UA as one of their two documents?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 5:02 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
01/15
Are you sure?

Last year (2013), I hit Gold for the first time in late October (IIRC) after years of Silver and this was what I was expecting, but instead of getting a 01/14 (or was it still 02/14?) card followed by an 01/15 card, I got only a 01/15 card (and it was delivered within a couple weeks of qualifying -- well within the 13 program year)

I just hit Plat for the first time this past Tuesday and as much as I'd like to have two cards [what can I say, I like tangible stuff], I'm expecting to only get a single (01/16) card.

Now if only $20k PQD ($0.42 BIS-M or $0.30 PQM) and setting corporate travel policy was good enough for GS
Old Dec 20, 2014, 5:38 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Last year (2013), I hit Gold for the first time in late October (IIRC) after years of Silver and this was what I was expecting, but instead of getting a 01/14 (or was it still 02/14?) card followed by an 01/15 card, I got only a 01/15 card (and it was delivered within a couple weeks of qualifying -- well within the 13 program year)

I just hit Plat for the first time this past Tuesday and as much as I'd like to have two cards [what can I say, I like tangible stuff], I'm expecting to only get a single (01/16) card. ....
Hit a new status late enough in the year, will get the full next year card. Cutoff this year seems to be new status level very late Oct will get the 01/16 card per posts in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...d-packets.html. New status earlier seems to be still getting 1/15 cards (see post 82 -- the posting that created this side discussion).

But this side discussion is getting too OT to the thread original subject -- address changes.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 3:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, *G
How to qualify for PQD waiver living overseas

I am based in Vietnam, live there on a business visa I renew, but don't have a residency card or work permit as the US incorporated biz I work for can't issue them. I heard United will let you waive the PQD requirements if you live abroad but I am unsure of the qualifying process. This is important because it looks like I may come up $100 short of the $10k spend needed for 1K... Any hope for me?
Old Dec 21, 2014, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Supposedly there might be new restrictions but when I signed up with my SEAsia address it was as easy as proffering an address. Granted this was in December last year.

I can add that even though it's a legit address I reside at if pressured I could not produce anything save a rental agreement.

YMMV.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 6:30 am

That's great information. What is the actual process to do this? Will it complicate things that I have two Chase cards tied to an address in the U.S. (relatives) ?
Old Dec 21, 2014, 6:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by seasiaflyer
That's great information. What is the actual process to do this?
Change the address in your MileagePlus profile. https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...t/profile.aspx
Old Dec 21, 2014, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Check the wiki and posts in New change address verification for MP (just non-domestic changes?). You need to submit 2 of the listed documents with the change outside of the US. And no, US-based CCs in your profile won't be a problem (though you'll need to either add a secondary address for billing, or just not, and type it in manually each time).

If you have a lease you've signed with corporate housing (or similar) that could be one document. If you get paid in Vietnam, as opposed to in the US as you did before you moved, a pay statement would be a second. A utility bill is an option too...I imagine a cell phone bill would count for that. Note that a bank statement is not listed (I suspect that is completely intentional, though IME, a PITA). You can also not use a business address for any of the docs.

It may be a little late, though...mentions 10-14 days for a response (YMMV, of course), so even submitting the proof today, if it takes them until after the new year, it may not process the waiver for your 2014 activity. Not even sure at this late time in the year if they would even waive it (though I was told for a move coming back into the US, it didn't matter when you changed it back, there was no "pro-rating" and so even someone changing it back today would be required to hit all PQD, so wait till January).

Good luck. If it's only $100 you need, perhaps you can find a cheap('ish) SGN-HKG on UA that would put you over in the next 10 days?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 1:37 pm

Thanks for the replies. I'll be able to meet my PQD this year after all w/o an address change (I'm going to do as emcampbe said and take a quickie at the end of the year). I plan to apply for the address change using (1) a signed "Rental Agreement" on company letterhead combined with a letter from my employer and (2) a paystub with my foreign address on it. The paystub will be issued from Wells Fargo on the U.S. but will show my foreign address. Will let you know how it goes
Old Dec 26, 2014, 3:49 pm

Is there a way to proactively submit documents? I moved at the end of 2013 and now to a new address, figure it would be a good idea to submit documents now since many people expect UA to ask for them later when doing audits.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bigzamboni
Is there a way to proactively submit documents? I moved at the end of 2013 and now to a new address, figure it would be a good idea to submit documents now since many people expect UA to ask for them later when doing audits.
Have you tried just changing to the new address online? Perhaps as part of this they will ask you for the documents.

If it doesn't, if you have one, you could try changing back to a US address, then once that is submitted, change back to your new address. Surely, that will allow you to upload docs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.