Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New change address verification for MP (just non-domestic changes)

Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Submit Verification Documentation

To verify changes to the primary address on your MileagePlus account, please submit two forms of documentation that include your new address. Each document must be dated and include your name, as shown on your MileagePlus account*, and your residential address. The new address cannot be a business address and must match the address listed on the submitted documents. Please block out all non-essential personally identifiable information from the submitted documents.
Read our privacy policy

Accepted address verification documents
1. Change of address confirmation provided by the postal service (United States Postal Service or an international postal service)
2. Copy of postmarked mail with current address listed as forwarding address
3. Government-issued ID (e.g., national identification card, foreign drivers license)
4. Utility bill dated within the past 90 days
5. Receipt for personal property taxes paid within the past year
6. Rental agreement or residential lease dated within the past year
7. Payroll statement provided by the members employer, dated within the past 90 days
8. U.S. military ID
9. Official government/military travel orders or proof of official duty status

Please allow at least 10-14 days for a response and for your account to be updated. Any updates submitted while the request is being processed may be overridden and therefore may not be reflected in your account. We recommend that you do not submit any additional changes until you receive confirmation that your original request has been completed.

*If the members name does not match the name on the document being provided, please submit an additional document from the list above,or a marriage or name-change certificate or other government-issued document, that includes both the members name and the name on the verification document.
How to verify this triggered the PQD waiver?
Go to https://mystatus.united.com to verify.

related thread
MP status incorrectly downgraded on address change - Options? [UA can restore status]

Any Drawbacks from having MP account registered to foreign address?
Print Wikipost

New change address verification for MP (just non-domestic changes)

Old Oct 12, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: UA MP (1K, 1MM)
The funny thing is that I just moved and was going to change my address to the new location this week.

Since the waiver requirements are no longer in place for elite status levels, maybe they'll make it easier for us to change addresses instead of posting all those lame documents?
Old Oct 12, 2019, 8:28 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SFHokie
The funny thing is that I just moved and was going to change my address to the new location this week.

Since the waiver requirements are no longer in place for elite status levels, maybe they'll make it easier for us to change addresses instead of posting all those lame documents?
United seemed to curtail its verification for address changes a few months ago, which all but announced the end of the foreign PQD waiver.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joe_miami
United seemed to curtail its verification for address changes a few months ago, which all but announced the end of the foreign PQD waiver.
I was not aware of a curtailment. Where was it observed? Skimming through posts here I don't see mention.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 11:37 am
Suspended

I encountered it by accident back in the summer when my address reverted to my U.S. CC's address. Changing it back required zero effort. It was like changing one's address within the U.S.

I didn't mention anything here because I was hoping my gut was wrong and that it was just a system glitch, but yesterday's news seems to have sealed it. That said, I believe the changes are for the 2021 program year (?), so United might still be verifying address changes to avoid people trying to get one last year of status.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA MP (1K, 1MM)
Originally Posted by joe_miami
I encountered it by accident back in the summer when my address reverted to my U.S. CC's address. Changing it back required zero effort. It was like changing one's address within the U.S.

I didn't mention anything here because I was hoping my gut was wrong and that it was just a system glitch, but yesterday's news seems to have sealed it. That said, I believe the changes are for the 2021 program year (?), so United might still be verifying address changes to avoid people trying to get one last year of status.
I can add the new address no problem, but when I attempt to make it my primary default address it is still asking me to submit two forms of address verification. How did you get around it with zero effort?
Old Oct 13, 2019, 10:35 pm
Suspended

Same thing you did. Maybe it was just a temporary site glitch. Either way, one assumes they'll stop caring about addresses when the clock strikes midnight on Jan. 1.

Last edited by joe_miami; Oct 13, 2019 at 10:44 pm
Old Dec 4, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA/*A:S,UC DL/ST:S Hyatt:Plat, GE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
In the Canada (or at least Ontario) context, it's actually electricity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontario_Hydro
Thanks for the correction!

Stateside tended not to identify utility bills by production method (at least from what I can remember), here in the UK it's only in the name of some providers. Silly me, I should remember the childhood saying about you make when you assume...

Of course all of this is moot for the new 2020 MP status qualification rules.

Last edited by profintraining; Dec 4, 2019 at 1:28 pm Reason: Added quote
Old Dec 4, 2019, 1:37 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.98MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
As of 1 Jan 2020, the non-USA resident waiver for elite status qualification will be ending.

For discussion of this change, please refer to New Premier Qualification Requirements for 2020: Only Spend or Spend + Flight Sectors

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old Dec 14, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA
I earned 2020 status with foreign address PQD waiver. Given that there is no benefit for using foreign address for the new program, when can I switch it to US address without losing my 2020 status?
Old Dec 14, 2019, 9:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.98MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by fattygoose
I earned 2020 status with foreign address PQD waiver. Given that there is no benefit for using foreign address for the new program, when can I switch it to US address without losing my 2020 status?
I would wait until at least 1 Feb 2020 but earlier may be OK.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 14, 2019 at 10:13 pm Reason: grammar
Old Mar 15, 2020, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Has anyone that had an overseas address and didn't meet the PQD spend requirements last year changed their address to the US this year? Any issues?

Reports are that previously this would trigger a change of status to include the PQD requirements for the previous year, but I'm wondering if that's still happening...
Old Mar 15, 2020, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by docbert
Has anyone that had an overseas address and didn't meet the PQD spend requirements last year changed their address to the US this year? Any issues?

Reports are that previously this would trigger a change of status to include the PQD requirements for the previous year, but I'm wondering if that's still happening...
Switched back last November after making 1K. Didn't even wait until Jan.1.

No issues whatsoever.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.