Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New change address verification for MP (just non-domestic changes)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Submit Verification Documentation

To verify changes to the primary address on your MileagePlus account, please submit two forms of documentation that include your new address. Each document must be dated and include your name, as shown on your MileagePlus account*, and your residential address. The new address cannot be a business address and must match the address listed on the submitted documents. Please block out all non-essential personally identifiable information from the submitted documents.
Read our privacy policy

Accepted address verification documents
1. Change of address confirmation provided by the postal service (United States Postal Service or an international postal service)
2. Copy of postmarked mail with current address listed as forwarding address
3. Government-issued ID (e.g., national identification card, foreign driver’s license)
4. Utility bill dated within the past 90 days
5. Receipt for personal property taxes paid within the past year
6. Rental agreement or residential lease dated within the past year
7. Payroll statement provided by the member’s employer, dated within the past 90 days
8. U.S. military ID
9. Official government/military travel orders or proof of official duty status

Please allow at least 10-14 days for a response and for your account to be updated. Any updates submitted while the request is being processed may be overridden and therefore may not be reflected in your account. We recommend that you do not submit any additional changes until you receive confirmation that your original request has been completed.

*If the member’s name does not match the name on the document being provided, please submit an additional document from the list above,or a marriage or name-change certificate or other government-issued document, that includes both the member’s name and the name on the verification document.
How to verify this triggered the PQD waiver?
Go to https://mystatus.united.com to verify.

related thread
MP status incorrectly downgraded on address change - Options? [UA can restore status]

Any Drawbacks from having MP account registered to foreign address?
Print Wikipost

New change address verification for MP (just non-domestic changes)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by PHXPVG
Data point:

I was recently approved for an address change from US to China. I do truly live in both locations but did not have the exact documents required.

I registered (as required by local law) at a police station in Shanghai to get a Registration of Temporary Residence form. I submitted this along with a rental contract and electric bill which were both under my company's name. The RTR form was in English and Chinese. The others two were in Chinese.

My address change was approved the day of submission.
Thank you for the data point! I usually skip the registration at the police station (since you're required to do so in 24 hours, and I've been through trouble when I was a few days late). I guess that piece of paper is worth something after all.
Old May 14, 2016, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP
It seems, foreign address verification is no longer needed. I just managed to change my address on the website. Last year I didn't complete it because of the ridiculous requirements.
Old May 15, 2016, 4:46 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
I found the local office to be helpful - they can read foreign language documents and so forth. I just called them and asked for an email address for handling MP address changes, and they did it within 2 hours.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by trajectory
It seems, foreign address verification is no longer needed. I just managed to change my address on the website. Last year I didn't complete it because of the ridiculous requirements.
I tried changing my address (to another country where I'm a resident and present most of the year) and I still got the ask to submit supporting docs.
I've sent my local (foreign) driver license but it wasn't enough. I'm gathering some other documents (paycheck, utility bills) and hopefully that will do the trick.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JustCruising
I tried changing my address (to another country where I'm a resident and present most of the year) and I still got the ask to submit supporting docs.
I've sent my local (foreign) driver license but it wasn't enough. I'm gathering some other documents (paycheck, utility bills) and hopefully that will do the trick.
Any updates on this? Are the doc requirements still in place?

I am heading to India for a 6 month job and as a result won't hit the PQD requirements to get to 1K (won't be in the US to fly UA metal rest of the year). Currently, the doc requirements seem very onerous and trying to figure out if worth my time to make the change.

As many others have indicated - docs aren't easy to get as many things are through a relocation company
Old Jul 20, 2016, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rkj2106
Any updates on this? Are the doc requirements still in place?

I am heading to India for a 6 month job and as a result won't hit the PQD requirements to get to 1K (won't be in the US to fly UA metal rest of the year). Currently, the doc requirements seem very onerous and trying to figure out if worth my time to make the change.

As many others have indicated - docs aren't easy to get as many things are through a relocation company
Probably not worth it. Docs in India are a PITA to get. When I was in Mumbai for a year, granted it was before the proof was required, I used my Canadia address (primarily my dads) because I already had docs for there, but mostly because I gave up on pretending that mail sent to me from outside of India would ever arrive.

The only kind of doc that is processed pretty quickly in India is a PAN card - got that in 2 weeks. But that's only because it's the equivilant of a SSN card, and important to the government so they can get their taxes.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by trajectory
Is this still true? I want to change my address to one in India and have government issued ID but not the other things mentioned on page 1.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:35 pm

Address change for children

Does anyone have experience changing the address for children? My son is 3 years old ... I don't think I can get any of the listed documents for him!
Old Sep 3, 2016, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by elwmw
Does anyone have experience changing the address for children? My son is 3 years old ... I don't think I can get any of the listed documents for him!
I'd bet that if you change yur own address at about the same time as you change your son's you'll be able to communicate with a human at UA when they ask for your son's documents and that person will then be able to approve the request for your son.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 1:07 pm

So I have an Asian address, and all my documents are in the Asian language. I tried to input the address in the Asian characters, but United.com website changed the foreign characters to boxes. So I put in the phonetic spelling of my Asian address. However, all my proof is in the original Asian language. Do I just highlight my Asian name and address on my proof and hope they know someone or can match the characters??
Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Question How long until your status changes online?

Hi everyone,
I hit 80,000 PQM a bit ago but not enough PQD. However, I recently took a job in Canada for a while so I changed my mailing address from the US one to Canada, which I think I'm allowed to do. This effectively means PQD is no longer relevant.

This was approved by United (I got an email from their customer service after verifying my documents). However, the following things happened:
1. GOOD: united.com no longer shows PQDs anywhere, and the United Premier Status tracker says I'm exempt
2. GOOD: I got 2 premier upgrade certs

So, yaaay! BUT:

3. BAD: united.com still shows me as Premier Gold
4. BAD: Mobile App still shows me as Premier Gold

Is this a bug or does this just take a while or am I not understanding the rules? Thoughts welcome.

p.s. I did try to search the forums for this answer but could not find anything exactly matching that.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Log out and back in?

If not, give it a day. You getting the RPUs means it's on its way.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by aacharya
Log out and back in?

LOL, too funny, logout doesn't work! It says I'm logged out but then goes back to the home page and I'm still in. (Don't worry, I'll find a way, but I just thought it was kinda funny after all the united.com pushes on "security").

OK, I'll wait patiently! Thanks
Old Oct 27, 2016, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by aacharya
Log out and back in?

Welp, no dice

Still says United Gold. Does anyone know when the system "re-calculates" your current status? Maybe it's because I haven't taken another flight yet?
Old Oct 29, 2016, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by RdFltErr
Welp, no dice

Still says United Gold. Does anyone know when the system "re-calculates" your current status? Maybe it's because I haven't taken another flight yet?
Just following up in case anyone else runs into this.

From what I can tell, the system updated my status because I took another flight. Which I guess makes sense, if the only way to get status these days is by flying, perhaps it recalculates your actual status on the website only when you do so. Not sure, but that fits what happened to me.

Website and phone now show Platinum after a short trip to Vegas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.