Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
Well, assuming it actually opens then, I may be able to take advantage of it on that first day! I'm currently scheduled to fly in Sunday around noon, and I wouldn't need the arrivals lounge then, but I'm actually hoping to be able to SDC to a flight that arrives first thing Monday morning instead, and this would be very helpful to be able to grab a quick shower before heading straight to the office! Fingers crossed (that I can SDC, and that the arrivals lounge will be open)!
Please let us know how it goes -- I'm arriving on the 16th and would be so great if the lounge is open for a proper breakfast....
Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by cheltenhamflyer
I hope you are correct. Passed by earlier today and the lounge still had “temporary closure “ notice with absolutely no sign of any interior activity.
Would certainly take a bit of work to bring it back to life - it's not like the staff shows up for the first time Monday and it's ready to go. I'm pretty sure there's some staff turnover, so there would be training, too. Maybe they're starting the prep work Monday with an actual opening a bit after?
Old Jun 9, 2022, 12:40 pm

Polaris lounge in LHR

Hello:
We have a polaris biz class flight on UA, LHR-ORD in July. Friends will be with us but flying coach. Can they purchase a pass to this lounge and if so any idea how much it costs?

Thank you.

Larry
Old Jun 9, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
Originally Posted by Jacketwatch
Hello:
We have a polaris biz class flight on UA, LHR-ORD in July. Friends will be with us but flying coach. Can they purchase a pass to this lounge and if so any idea how much it costs?

Thank you.

Larry
There is no Polaris Lounge at LHR. There is a United club. i am not sure about purchase options at LHR
Old Jun 9, 2022, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
They can be purchased for $59 each at the door.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
They can be purchased for $59 each at the door.
Subject to them being available that day due to crowding.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 1:05 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
There is no Polaris Lounge in LHR - only United Club, which you can purchase a pass. If you have *G status, you are allowed to bring 1 guest.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Subject to them being available that day due to crowding.
Correct and this may be a problem in the afternoon at LHR.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 1:19 pm

Thank you all.
I looked it up and yes its the UC but not Polaris.
I guess we will have to wait and see.

Larry
Old Jun 9, 2022, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by ani90
Walk not as long as often made out if one is a brisk walker. Can easily get from United Club to your A gate in 15 mins.
15 minutes to A16-A20. Add another 5 minutes for A21-A26, which are situated opposite the entrance/exit of the tunnel.

The two required sets of elevators can add another 5 minutes if they both have to come up/down to answer your call. I almost always have to wait for both of them; I guess they are programmed to park for optimal traffic in the "regular" direction and not the opposite direction that you would take.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL DM
Forgive my ignorance, but pre-COVID was the arrivals lounge open to only Polaris? Or UC members, or 1ks?

Are showers available?

I’ll be arriving at LHR on 6/29 morning with Mrs Threecap (no status), applying +pts but don’t feel optimistic about them clearing
Old Jun 9, 2022, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by threecap
Forgive my ignorance, but pre-COVID was the arrivals lounge open to only Polaris? Or UC members, or 1ks?

Are showers available?

I’ll be arriving at LHR on 6/29 morning with Mrs Threecap (no status), applying +pts but don’t feel optimistic about them clearing
Polaris passengers only. And there are showers for Polaris customers.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:20 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist
For those arriving early and expecting time to hang out in the lounge...my wife is departing LHR today and I saw on the flight status that United is reccomending getting to the airport at least FOUR HOURS before departure due to staff shortages at LHR.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
Originally Posted by hawkswin
For those arriving early and expecting time to hang out in the lounge...my wife is departing LHR today and I saw on the flight status that United is recommending getting to the airport at least FOUR HOURS before departure due to staff shortages at LHR.
LHR can be tricky at the moment. Terminal 3 traffic backups have resulted in traffic jams getting under the runway tunnel which affects T2 departures also. On top of that there are several non Star Alliance Airlines currently using T2 due to consolidation in T2 due to the pandemic. A UA rep told me two weeks ago these airlines are expected to leave T2 sometime this summer. On top of that, the same UA rep told me that UA has more departures out of LHR than ever before (not sure if this is true or not). Regardless, it was certainly jammed with passengers waiting to check in. Once checked in, security lines were fairly painless, and after the walk to the UC and gates. I left Canary Wharf 3.5 hours before departure via Uber and still had plenty of time to do some duty free shopping and have breakfast in the lounge. Of course if you don't have Security Fast Track and are checking in bags in the Economy line you're going to need a little extra time... Nice that the GS/VIP/overflow lounge area is now open, although I didn't notice anything different in food/beverage options - it was just a quieter space.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA PP / DL PM
LHR Arrivals Lounge

Still a rookie here - apologies if I'm posting in the wrong manner / location. I DM'd United on FB a moment ago; the planned reopening for the LHR Arrivals Lounge is on Monday 13 June 22. I did not inquire further regarding particulars, but would enjoy hearing from other travelers who visit the arrivals lounge following its reopening.
VFR likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.