Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Just flew out of CVG and they now have precheck set up. Of course, my two flights since I signed up for precheck were both denied access. We'll see about my flights in a couple weeks.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
I used the regular lane in Indy cos I wasn't sure if i'm pre-checked by UA. They agent checked my boarding pass (mobile) and told me to move to the pre-check lane. (same waiting twice but I did enjoy not having to taking off everything.

They told me I'm pre-checked either because of Global Entry or UA 1k.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by exerda
His supervisor said, "You must have worked for TSA recently," when I pointed that out...

Originally Posted by exerda
I'm curious if I will be able to use PreCheck on an upcoming itin which goes like this:
  • Day 1: Domestic flight
  • Overnight (am flying in on the last flight of the day)
  • Day 2: International flight

I know I can't use it on Day 2 at my international gateway when I reclear security that morning, but I am curious if it will work on Day 1. My guess is that it will not given it's part of an international itin all on the same PNR...
My belief is that it WILL work for you, based on some reports from the AA forum.. Please do report back with your success (good luck )

Originally Posted by JONEZY00
Interesting side note. Last Saturday, my wife went to the SEA pre-check with a WN boarding pass (and her global entry card) and they let her through.
They must have gotten confused when they saw the GE card
Old Oct 25, 2012, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by CTcowboy
As i was going through security for my United flight at SFO this morning I noticed that the scanner for electronic boarding passes was an updated model. After scanning my boarding pass the TSA agent asked if I was signed up for PreCheck and then informed me that it should be up and running by November 15th. Glad this program is finally making it to SFO!
Good to hear! Now that I've finally got PreCheck working like a champ I can't wait to evade the long line at SFO!
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by cranky1K
Good to hear! Now that I've finally got PreCheck working like a champ I can't wait to evade the long line at SFO!
Sweet! Any ideas on where the PreCheck lines will be?
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:47 pm

Programs: DL Gold ex DM, Marriott and Hilton Gold

So I dled the scanner app and I'm confused as to where the magic 3 would show. I looked through the threads to try to decipher and I'm just having a hard time. Can one of you guys help me decipher?

Here are the results from 2 separate boarding passes:

M1LAST/FIRST H MR ABCDEFG AAABBBAS 0123 300Y006B0000 14d>2181WW BAS 25 3 AS 137747643 Z 00010^460MEUCIBeT70S4+Eooi5rEFn3n+UAv9rhvUCpdK5vZ+ VShV4OWAiEAmrIrKsh0aHTtopwYu+3Zor0JRF8QowItozHswzw T+hE=

And the second one:

M1LAST/FIRSTHMR ABCDEFG UA 1234 293R001D54 11F>30B MM293 BUA 0E016 0^160MEQCIHw1+Zk8mIjG1+jB6NzpEm98q2taxbvJSXx+5U2EO sgpAiBcfsc85SV1yFrgGxM5O6IxO+cZR8uBsrdZvh9yBTF7hg= =

The first is an AS BP and the second is a UA BP. I replaced the personal info with generic letters and numbers.

Where is the 1 or 3? In both examples?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by xxdboixx
So I dled the scanner app and I'm confused as to where the magic 3 would show. I looked through the threads to try to decipher and I'm just having a hard time. Can one of you guys help me decipher?

Here are the results from 2 separate boarding passes:

M1LAST/FIRST H MR ABCDEFG AAABBBAS 0123 300Y006B0000 14d>2181WW BAS 25 3 AS 137747643 Z 00010^460MEUCIBeT70S4+Eooi5rEFn3n+UAv9rhvUCpdK5vZ+ VShV4OWAiEAmrIrKsh0aHTtopwYu+3Zor0JRF8QowItozHswzw T+hE=

And the second one:

M1LAST/FIRSTHMR ABCDEFG UA 1234 293R001D54 11F>30B MM293 BUA 0E016 0^160MEQCIHw1+Zk8mIjG1+jB6NzpEm98q2taxbvJSXx+5U2EOsgpAi Bcfsc85SV1yFrgGxM5O6IxO+cZR8uBsrdZvh9yBTF7hg==

The first is an AS BP and the second is a UA BP. I replaced the personal info with generic letters and numbers.

Where is the 1 or 3? In both examples?
Note the bolded portions. The 3 in the AS BP indicates Pre-Check, while the 0 in the UA BP indicated that you do not qualify on this go round.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:21 am

Programs: DL Gold ex DM, Marriott and Hilton Gold

Thank you for the quick reply !!! I know what to look out for!
Old Oct 26, 2012, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by xxdboixx
Thank you for the quick reply !!! I know what to look out for!
Just to clarify, it's a 0 and a 3, not a 1 and a 3.

I was confused by the AS scan initially, too, as it's not in the same position as UA's. Good to see some clarification on that--thanks, FriendlySkies!
Old Oct 26, 2012, 9:38 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Thread drift alert -

Please hold meta-discussion about the PreCheck program (like why international itineraries aren't valid for PreCheck) in the Pratical Travel Issues and Safety Issues forum as it really isn't specific to United; thanks.

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United MileagePlus Forum
Recent posts that were non-specific to United have been removed. Members wishing to discuss recent news media stories about decoding the boarding pass bar codes are invited to use the following thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pract...hed-press.html

Thank you,

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United MileagePlus Forum
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:40 am

Programs: UA Gold, Avis President's Club, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CDKing
I would request a supervisor on the spot if that BS was pulled on me. I guess I will find out in a few weeks if i don't get the green screen. I wonder if the treatment would be different if one was using the global entry card for ID?
I got 3 beeps yesterday at BOS and asked when they would get PreCheck. The TSA employee checking/scanning BPs responded that PreCheck was in place in Term A but didn't know about Term C. She pointed at another TSA employe (who had 2 stripes on his epaulets) and said that he might know more. The other guy came over and repeated was she said almost word-for-word.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:07 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jackal
Just to clarify, it's a 0 and a 3, not a 1 and a 3.

I was confused by the AS scan initially, too, as it's not in the same position as UA's. Good to see some clarification on that--thanks, FriendlySkies!
It actually is in the exact same position, but it doesn't look it unless you use a fixed-pitch font.

The confustion between the 1 and 3 vs. 0 and 3 is the result of an incorrect and misinformed blog post being picked up in the mainstream media and repeated as fact. I believe a 1 actually means SSSS. But neither the blogger nor the media care much about the facts.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone know if IAH PreCheck open on Saturdays, and if so, how early?

Update- it was open Saturday 10/27 at 6am when I got there.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Oct 27, 2012 at 5:24 am
Old Oct 26, 2012, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Anyone know if IAH PreCheck open on Saturdays, and if so, how early?
I went through before 5am on a Tuesday recently. They had to wave over some guys to man the machines. Sorry, don't know about Saturday.

I'm on a flight out of IAH terminal B tomorrow morning at 7. Don't think I'll go to the PreCheck at terminal C and take the train just to avoid taking off my shoes, but I've been contemplating it. Then realized that it would be better if my car was in the B garage when I return Monday.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by SS255
If you type your Pass ID# into your US reservation when you do web check-in, it will work. I wouldn't rely on the information carrying over from your UA profile.
+1^ for DCA-BGR on US.

Also, was flying IAD-MUC on UA. I was able to use the pre-check line, but didn't get the 3 beeps. I obviously didn't get the expedited screening, but the pre-check "normal" screening line had only one other person in it.

Last edited by mauiUAflyer; Oct 26, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.