Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:28 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Landice
Sweet! Any ideas on where the PreCheck lines will be?
At IAD barely anyone in the lines as far as the 2x I've done it. SFO will probably be a whole 'nother story. Any idea where the lanes will be located?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 6:33 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
First time checking in with the TSA # in my record (for ewr-sfo tomorrow) ... 'unable to check you in at this time...'

Elite desk & united.com support both say no issues with the PNR.

Question (mods - move this post if appropriate): in light of the recent media reports is is possible that precheck boarding passes are no longer being issued before arrival at the airport? That is the only explanation I've come up with.

If true, that would really defeat the purpose of precheck... get to the airport extra early in order to spend more time airside.

Has anyone else in the past couple of days experienced this, or have I overreacted to some sort of united.com glitch?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 7:39 am

Overreaction. There are many reports from others on here about not being able to check-in online and you get to the airport and the agent can check you in and sees no problem.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by wcj1
Overreaction. There are many reports from others on here about not being able to check-in online and you get to the airport and the agent can check you in and sees no problem.
Perhaps - I have now been able to check in - first my wife (split PNR) but mine would still not go through. A few minutes later it did. I'm wondering if they have to wait for something from TSA before they allow check-in for people in pre-check? Maybe because it's the first time using it?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Interesting--I just scanned my BPs for a departure later today from MDT. Got the 3. Not that it matters, since MDT doesn't have Pre; it was more for curiosity.

I had assumed that I would not get the 3 when departing from an airport that does not have a PreCheck checkpoint at all. Guess that's not the case. I do have a NEXUS number in my reservation, which could potentially make the difference, I suppose.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:56 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jackal
... I had assumed that I would not get the 3 when departing from an airport that does not have a PreCheck checkpoint at all. Guess that's not the case. ....
correct, I have been getting "3" for months for departures from SFO -- which still does not have PreCheck (hopefully in a another 3 weeks -- finally).
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
PIT is now online. You can find the Pre-Check lane at the main checkpoint.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...irport-657751/
Mind updating the first post with this info?

It's the far left lane at the main checkpoint, so at busy times you might need to cut through the non-elite and elite lines.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:03 pm

TSA Pre check with United and O'hare

All,
In my United profile I have the checkbox checked to say that I'd like to participate in the TSA pre-check program. I'm a platinum member with United and soon to be a 1K this year. Whenever I try and go through the TSA Pre lane at O'hare (my home airport) or any other airport I never get selected. Does anyone know how to check if you've been selected into the program or have anymore information about what this process is?

Thanks!
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
correct, I have been getting "3" for months for departures from SFO -- which still does not have PreCheck (hopefully in a another 3 weeks -- finally).
Interesting. Despite the 3, the scanner didn't beep 3x. Maybe it's an old firmware installed on the scanner at MDT...
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:05 pm

Not sure exactly with you but I have Global Entry and since getting it I have yet to not get Pre Check. Have you tried putting your pre check number on your res?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by UnitedFlyGuy
Not sure exactly with you but I have Global Entry and since getting it I have yet to not get Pre Check. Have you tried putting your pre check number on your res?
Did you mean the PASS ID from the Global Entry card?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:19 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by jackal
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Interesting. Despite the 3, the scanner didn't beep 3x. Maybe it's an old firmware installed on the scanner at MDT...
I went thru SFO last night and there were two TDC's where one scanner would beep 3x and the other (the one I went thru) would just show green (which I got) and as part of the dry run-up to 11/15, both TDC's were keeping a tick-sheet as to how many "passed" and at what times
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by treeleaf20
All,
In my United profile I have the checkbox checked to say that I'd like to participate in the TSA pre-check program. I'm a platinum member with United and soon to be a 1K this year. Whenever I try and go through the TSA Pre lane at O'hare (my home airport) or any other airport I never get selected. Does anyone know how to check if you've been selected into the program or have anymore information about what this process is?

Thanks!
Did UA invite you to the precheck program? Do you have something else that qualifies you for precheck like global entry? Just checking the box does not get you precheck.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by Baze
Did UA invite you to the precheck program? Do you have something else that qualifies you for precheck like global entry? Just checking the box does not get you precheck.
Then what's the point of the box?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer
Then what's the point of the box?
To show that you have precheck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.