Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Platinum,
Can't get my GE number to populate to my individual reservations - help!

I have a GE number and have entered in my profile in an attempt to sign up for the TSA Pre-check program. I understand that this also needs to be entered in the "Traveler Information" section of the individual itinerary. I have entered there - about 20 times.

Every time I click on "Edit Traveler Information" for a specific reservation, it shows the blank fields where I am supposed to enter my name, DOB, emergency contact, etc. and to the left is the section where I am meant to enter my known traveler ID number. I do this, click submit, and when I go back into the reservation to double check that it's there - poof! It's gone. I get blank fields again.

I went to the airport today and the TSA told me they have no record of my ever having applied, which I have done - several times. Where's the disconnect? What can I do, and who should I call? TSA says I need to resolve it on the United side, because for whatever reason my information is not populating through to my reservations, though it is in my profile.

Does anyone have any insight into this? Please help!

Last edited by sky74; Oct 22, 2012 at 11:43 pm
Old Oct 23, 2012, 9:08 am
Former user name: laundrian

Programs: Moderator: Traveling with Jewelry, UA GS, Starwood
Flew out of DFW the other day. They did not have Pre Check at UA, but they offered CLEAR which I think is a jealous step sister.

I love precheck, only had one "denied" from it at ORD. However, I think it was because I booked the flight only 3 hours before departure time.

I am not sure if any of you familiar with Cartier Love bracelet, but I wear one +my watch and the scanner beep every time. So even with PreCheck, I do get a mini patdown. Not as uncomfortable as the regular line's since I assume most TSA agents give PreCheck passengers who wear jewelries a break
Old Oct 23, 2012, 9:12 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by ArtfullyUrs
I love precheck, only had one "denied" from it at ORD. However, I think it was because I booked the flight only 3 hours before departure time.
Booked a one-way two hours before departure once and PreCheck worked for me at ORD.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 9:16 am

Programs: DL Gold ex DM, Marriott and Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Ari
What do you mean, "the first scanner"? Was your boarding boarding pass scanned a second time? Traditionally, PreCheck lines at hubs are setup so that a contract employee from the airline guards the entrance to the line and scans the first time; then you are directed to a 'bypass' line which gets you straight to the TSA where they then scan your BP. Your post implies that there are two (or more) scans of the boarding pass, yet you indicate that a "TSA agent" did the first scan. Are you sure it was a TSA agent? And was there one scans or two scans. If only one scan (by the TSA), they didn't set it up properly. Also, how long did you have to wait for your boarding pass to be scanned "the first time" when you were in back of the ~15 people? Where was the line guarded?.
Yes. there were 2 sets of scanners. The usual contract employee that was checking eligibility before moving us on to the actual check was replaced by an actual TSA agent.

There was a TSA agent that scanned everyone from the line, PreCheck and Premiers, then once the line split, there was a TSA agent in each line, one for PreCheck and one for non PreCheck. I was behind ~15 people but it was just a few minutes. Maybe 2-3 mins at most for the first scan. Then I moved to the non PreCheck line and waited about 3-4 minutes for the second TSA agent to check my boarding pass.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 9:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA1K, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by exerda
I'm glad we've got this at last at IAD. I made it through tonight in ~1 minute. Now, how long before more people enroll, and the checkpoint gets crowded?
I don't think this will be a huge issue. First, I've heard from a TSA agent that there's a pretty long wait-list for the program so they're evidently metering people in. Second, I would imagine that the pre-check line will still be pretty fast even with high enrollment. It's the shoes off, laptop out, liquids out, belt off, wallet out, watch off thing that makes security take forever. Lines moved much faster than that back in the days before all those requirements (when it was just a metal detector/bag scan).
Old Oct 23, 2012, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by MrMarket
Second, I would imagine that the pre-check line will still be pretty fast even with high enrollment. It's the shoes off, laptop out, liquids out, belt off, wallet out, watch off thing that makes security take forever. Lines moved much faster than that back in the days before all those requirements (when it was just a metal detector/bag scan).
They did, but what I see as being the biggest hold-up in most security lines I've gone through is the X-ray machine--people waiting for their bags to enter the machine before proceeding through the WTMD or scanner. But at least with PreCheck, most people should have a clue what they're doing, so the rate of people having to have their baggage rerun or having to go back through the WTMD and take off additional jewelry or remove coins or phones from pockets should be lower.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: UA Gold, Avis President's Club, IHG Platinum
Breezed right through ORD PreCheck yesterday morning. There was one other guy in front of. The Premier line looked like it was going to take at least 15 minutes to get through.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
Had my first PreCheck success at DCA on Sunday...the following morning didn't get the three beeps at ORD while on my way to SFO.

Wish I knew the formula for this...
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Future of Pre

I saw it at ATL this AM...seemed like 1/2 the airport was in the Pre line (ok, only about 50 deep). I wasn't eligible for my flight, but it didn't take me that much longer than the Pre line.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
There were quite a few in the DCA pre-check line last Thursday afternoon. Probably 20 people. However, the regular kettles snake line was packed full and backed up into the hallway to where the "25 minute wait from here" sign was.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by ECOTONE
Had my first PreCheck success at DCA on Sunday...the following morning didn't get the three beeps at ORD while on my way to SFO.

Wish I knew the formula for this...
Pre check line closed at DCA today
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Did the EWR Terminal C pre-check Saturday night. Myself in the line only - four TSA employees waiting for me.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by xxdboixx
Checkpoint 3 was divided in to 2 lines.
I am still trying to figure out which is Checkpoint 3. I haven't been able to find any maps online that tell you. Is that the one behind the Alaska check-in or the one that drops you off into the central concourse area with the food court?

And is the elite/Pre-check line entrance on the right side (where the elite line has been), center, or on the left side (where the crew entrance is)?
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dmodemd
I am still trying to figure out which is Checkpoint 3. I haven't been able to find any maps online that tell you. Is that the one behind the Alaska check-in or the one that drops you off into the central concourse area with the food court?

And is the elite/Pre-check line entrance on the right side (where the elite line has been), center, or on the left side (where the crew entrance is)?
All the way to the left. Closest to gates 120-139.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont.../maps/ewr.aspx
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
All the way to the left. Closest to gates 120-139.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont.../maps/ewr.aspx
Weren't we talking about SEA?

I didn't answer the previous post because I haven't been there yet, but based on my readings in the AS forum as well as familiarity with the SEA airport, I'd strongly suspect it's the central one (the one that dumps you out into the central food court).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.