Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "I need XXX UA Miles/PQMs for Elite Status" Thread [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "I need XXX UA Miles/PQMs for Elite Status" Thread [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2013, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jimmyfisherman
Sorry for the confusion. It is EQM. I need ~6,000 for 1K. How to buy accelerator?
Go to the thread Wine Country posted above. You will find all the answers there.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 9:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Jimmyfisherman
Mileage to Vegas is less than SEA. Reno looks not worth for MR. How to change a longer routing? I am new for MR...

Sorry for the confusion. It is EQM. I need ~6,000 for 1K. How to buy accelerator?
You probably don't want to pay for 6,000 accelerator miles.

Try looking here

You should be able to turn any transcon into a 6000 mile RT by adding in an extra west coast leg (e.g., BOS-SEA-LAX-SEA-BOS)
Old Nov 9, 2013, 9:11 pm

RTFM works very well and highly recommended.

Originally Posted by 100% Green
Having never done the elite maximizer before, how do I go about doing this? I fly international long haul flights. I don't want to have to pay for 6000 additional miles when I only need 700. I don't really want to have to fly the miles, would much rather buy them.

Are there other ways to buy them? This thread really should have a wiki.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Hi-
Hoping someone can help me out.
I'm flying to LAX in 2 weeks, which will put me into Gold status. I fly in on Friday night and fly home Monday morning. Will my status be Gold by then? If so, how will any upgrades work being in such a tight time frame? Any insights would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, markyc120
Originally Posted by markyc120
Hi-
Hoping someone can help me out.
I'm flying to LAX in 2 weeks, which will put me into Gold status. I fly in on Friday night and fly home Monday morning. Will my status be Gold by then? If so, how will any upgrades work being in such a tight time frame? Any insights would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Status updates after the flights post in your account. That is unlikely to post in time for your Monday flight.

You might be able to call on Saturday and ask for an early bump.

depending on your return flight routing, chance for upgrades are low to poor, especially on a Monday morning.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Welcome to FT!, markyc120
Status updates after the flights post in your account. That is unlikely to post in time for your Monday flight.

You might be able to call on Saturday and ask for an early bump.

depending on your return flight routing, chance for upgrades are low to poor, especially on a Monday morning.
Thanks for the reply! Yes, I was also wondering if I called UA Premier Desk on Saturday, if they could process the status change for me. I'm flying LAX-ORD and there are still a ton of open seats both in E+ and First. Either way as it is now, I'm in the back of the plane in a middle seat, so even being able to pick an E+ seat before check-in would be great. Have you ever had any luck with the Premier Desk helping out?
Old Nov 10, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: DL Gold
Do taxes paid on partner award redemptions on United.com count towards the Chase Select PQM bonus?
Old Nov 10, 2013, 10:12 am

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by markyc120
.... Have you ever had any luck with the Premier Desk helping out?
yes many have, some have not.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 2:18 pm

Programs: 2MM United, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Plat
This is going to be a wonderful challenge and I appreciate any suggestions. I am 54,000 miles short of 1K and looking to remedy that by the end of the year. I can fly out of any SoCal airport and my schedule is flexible since I am the owner. I have 1.8 mm on UA and so Gold for life. No need to ask why I am trying to do this- just want a 1K card for 2014. Any mileage run routings appreciated. Don't want to go broke doing this but just one of those-" let me see if I can do this" at this stage of life. I am searching ITA but a novice to putting together MR since I usually never had to worry about my mileage. Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Asknorm
This is going to be a wonderful challenge and I appreciate any suggestions. I am 54,000 miles short of 1K and looking to remedy that by the end of the year. I can fly out of any SoCal airport and my schedule is flexible since I am the owner. I have 1.8 mm on UA and so Gold for life. No need to ask why I am trying to do this- just want a 1K card for 2014. Any mileage run routings appreciated. Don't want to go broke doing this but just one of those-" let me see if I can do this" at this stage of life. I am searching ITA but a novice to putting together MR since I usually never had to worry about my mileage. Thanks in advance.
There is one way to get the EQMs without flying- UA allows the option of purchasing the elite accelerator, which prices EQMs higher than you would find if you flew an actual MR.

As an example, an upcoming itin I have to LHR is offering me 30K EQMs for a price of $6,000. If you didn't mind flying Y on longhaul flights, you could likely find some long haul flights for a lot less.

Check out The Flight Deal. They have some offers which you might be interested in: http://www.theflightdeal.com/
Old Nov 14, 2013, 12:49 am

Programs: UA MM Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Asknorm
Try heading to Hawaii and flying to Puerto Rico (either SJU or BQN). RT 1st class on certain days has been between $1,087-$1,267 and you'll get nearly 20,000 PQM's with the fare bonus for the round trip...
Old Nov 15, 2013, 9:47 pm

Need only 600 PQMs for UA Platinum...honestly, don't want to fly on UA anymore this year because have a UA award trip from EWR-->HNL in 3 weeks and no free weekends for travel ....any reasonable non-flying options for this small amount? What is the minimum number of PQMs that I can buy with Premier Accelerator? 1000? Thanks.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by ultramet
.... any reasonable non-flying options for this small amount? ...
only Premier Accelerator unless you have one of the no longer offered credit cards with PQM/FEQMs

Originally Posted by ultramet
....What is the minimum number of PQMs that I can buy with Premier Accelerator? 1000? Thanks.
try a sub-500 OW and you are likely to get a 1000 offer.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...questions.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...maximizer.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...es-2013-a.html
Old Nov 16, 2013, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
only Premier Accelerator unless you have one of the no longer offered credit cards with PQM/FEQMs

try a sub-500 OW and you are likely to get a 1000 offer.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...questions.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...maximizer.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...es-2013-a.html

Thanks...I think I'm going to try the latter...Platinum well worth it.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:59 pm

I had 99,648 EQM's this year before my flight back home to LAX from YYZ earlier this week. Unfortunately it was on Air Canada metal, so it will take about two weeks for the miles to post... I guess next week's flights to Denver and Dallas will have to do instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.