Wiki Posts
Search

United Months of Miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Ive never been notified that my ua number would change
Well, I've never been notified of anything regarding my UA and CO numbers. (I've had UA for years, CO only for about a year, in fact they keep sending me "OnePass 1-year anniversary emails").

I presume whatever happens number-wise "officially" (in terms of login, in terms of statement sent to you, etc), they're going to have to keep the "other" number around for a while in terms of slow partner credits. Putting aside for a moment that MOM has expired, for non-promo reasons, there are still people doing partner activities today and providing either CO or UA numbers with those, and many of those partner activities done this week won't post until after 3/4 (even if they're not Cartera shopping, it's just getting too close to 3/4 for some other partners too).
Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Ive never been notified that my ua number would change

I will say that i do assume if a number changes, things can stay easily attached to it. But we shall see. Im not of the belief ill see my bonus miles post in march. Id love to find im wrong though.
11 digit MP numbers are going away. Instead you will have a CO style 8 alphanumeric character account number (if you already had a OP account, you'll maintain that number)

http://hub.united.com/Connections/FA...ram.aspx#faq42
Old Feb 22, 2012, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by jasonvr
11 digit MP numbers are going away. Instead you will have a CO style 8 alphanumeric character account number (if you already had a OP account, you'll maintain that number)

http://hub.united.com/Connections/FA...ram.aspx#faq42
Oh that stinks. I like numbers only as they are easier to type on my phone. Also i never liked my op number and i somehow remember my mp number above all other numbers in my points world. Oh well... I guess the op number has good memories. I recall signing up long long long ago when just a sign up gave one 5k miles. But back then there were far fewer ways to earn them. Then again the ways they did have worked, and redemption was possible always.

Btw i see all these early march dates flying around in here... 12 weeks from dec 15 should be march 8 if im not mistaken. And as we have said, this isnt going to all just post en masse ON that date. Oh no, not at all. Its going to trickle in for some, come in batches for others, get delayed, mixed up, miscalculated, paused, dumped, taken back, reposted, trickled some more, and go on til june or later, as some who call mp will be told to contact the partner, when the partner tells you to contact mp.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:42 am
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
some action from Cartera!

After at least a dozen emails pleading for help, I've finally gotten a rep at MileagePlus Shopping (Cartera?) named Tom who is resolving my issues. The corrected posts have not shown in my UA account yet, but he reports that he has corrected several problems:

1) Sam's purchase that didn't post
2) 7 purchases that posted on 9/10 though they were placed on 9/9.
3) 5 purchases that were split into several sub-$10 transactions

I also believe I got an email stating that my Best buy purchases posted, but I can't find it! That would be another 10 transactions.

Crossing my fingers to hope these actually happen!

Anita
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by akp
After at least a dozen emails pleading for help, I've finally gotten a rep at MileagePlus Shopping (Cartera?) named Tom who is resolving my issues. Anita
Yes Tom is the one they gave me to when I called. At least he has responded and I have his direct email address. I did get pretty ticked at him the other day! I have a Groupon missing from 9/14. He said he needed proof of purchase. I looked on my account and emailed what I had since I used that Groupon in September and it deleted. So I emailed Groupon asking for a receipt to show I had purchased the groupon. So I get the receipt and email it back to Tom. He then responds and says that is not acceptable and I need to go into my Groupon account and provide the voucher number.....even gives me detailed information on where to find it.

And of course it isn't there anymore...because I used it in Sept 2011!! So I call Groupon and try to get them to assist me. They said they had no idea which of the two numbers Cartera needed, but gave me 2 different bar codes to provide to Cartera.

I am amazed they couldn't use a full receipt from Groupon!!! It showed exactly what I purchased, the date, the amount, and the last 4 of my charge card.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond

Anyway, yes... it is very strange they are right here... So are the HQ of FreeCause, the other mall entity! They are in Boston. Geesh I should see if I know anyone in politics and get them to run these folk outta town. then again, it would be better to shut 'em down first and give the jobs to those who deserve 'em.
TLC Travel was / is based above the shops in Fanuel Hall. You might recall them as the jokers who (mis)managed the Docker's deal a few years ago: spend $100 get a free ticket anywhere in the US. And they basically just failed to honor the vast majority of claims, and ultimately lost a class action lawsuit.

Well, the only way I ever got resolution was to go knock on their door! (I lived in Boston at the time.) It was pretty entertaining. They certainly did not want to see me, and did everything they could to try to push me out. But in the end, it was successful.

Have you tried visiting CC personally?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:53 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Updated data point

Originally Posted by akp
I've spent far too much time today trying to track what has posted and to make sure I received everything I purchased on 9/9. These free miles can be a lot of work.

I have 125 posted purchases with no issues or potential issues.

Kohls $10 cards were the big winner with 61 of 61 posted, and all were shipped. Sam's was also pretty straightforward with 22 of 22 posting, though I had some activation issues which are not resolved.

Status of Other Merchants
- 0/10 best buy posted
- 1/15 HD posted (and the one that posted was merchandise, not gc)
- 18/18 Drugstore.com posted, but most have issues. 7 are dated 9/10 instead of 9/9, and another 7 are split into multiple sub-$10 items instead of by transaction.
- 9/9 Petsmart posted (but 4 ecerts didn't ship, and my $25 free card they promised me to make up for canceling 17 orders on 9/9 didn't come.)
10/10 Walmart posted (but 2 have 9/10 instead of 9/9 post date)

Anita
As of today, here is my status:
- 10/10 best buy posted
- 15/15 HD posted
- 18/18 drugstore.com posted with correct date
- 10/10 Petsmart posted (I thought i bought 9 so either I was wrong or i got an extra
- 10/10 Walmart posted but one still has the 9/10 date.
- 21/22 Sam's posted

I'm ready for the bonus miles to post . I'm looking at 91,000.

Last edited by akp; Feb 23, 2012 at 8:59 pm Reason: added miles
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by akp
As of today, here is my status:
- 10/10 best buy posted
- 15/15 HD posted
- 18/18 drugstore.com posted with correct date
- 10/10 Petsmart posted (I thought i bought 9 so either I was wrong or i got an extra
- 10/10 Walmart posted but one still has the 9/10 date.
- 21/22 Sam's posted

I'm ready for the bonus miles to post . I'm looking at 91,000.
^^^

We're all ready. And by the way - today marks 10 weeks exactly!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: Co-branded credit card status moocher
Originally Posted by jasonvr
^^^

We're all ready. And by the way - today marks 10 weeks exactly!
It's the halfway point of the stated timeframe and it's a Friday, when things often happen from Cartera.

So, just maybe today is the -- oh, nevermind.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Vaitrucci
It's the halfway point of the stated timeframe and it's a Friday, when things often happen from Cartera.

So, just maybe today is the -- oh, nevermind.
Remember that the miles we are patiently waiting for now come from UA, not Cartera. It is a United promo that will award us our mega bonus miles
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
I'm waiting for the "oh, you were never registered for this promo" fun to begin. My wife verified with UA that she registered, but we never received an e-mail confirmation.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by kendenton
I'm waiting for the "oh, you were never registered for this promo" fun to begin. My wife verified with UA that she registered, but we never received an e-mail confirmation.
Or even better - "What promo? Months of Miles? Never heard of it....click"
Old Feb 25, 2012, 4:00 pm

Has anyone other than Marathon Man visited the Cartera office in Lexington, MA to ask about missing credit?

I have valid transactions over five months old that I still haven't received credit for.

I submitted missing credit requests via their web site. Initial responses I received by email seemed reasonable and suggested that research and credit would soon follow, but I've yet to receive further clarification about the reserach results or credit.

Any suggestions about who best to ask for if I arrive unannounced?

I found the following on the careers page of their web site:
Cartera Commerce seeks people who share our values of customer focus, high-quality standards, dedication, independence, and a fun work environment. Everyone is empowered and responsible for innovating, building and producing. Cartera Commerce offers competitive compensation packages including stock options, medical and health insurance, company-paid holidays, and three weeks of paid vacation per year.

Given their customer focus, high-quality standards, and level of employee empowerment, I would certainly expect many people in the office would be able to quickly solve my problem.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 6:13 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Greetings from the good folks who brought you Months of Misery. Please pay attention to these existing terms and conditions...

"Mileage Plus membership and its benefits are offered at the discretion of United Airlines and its affiliates, and United has the right to terminate the Program or to change the Program Rules, regulations, benefits, conditions of participation or mileage levels, in whole or in part, at any time, with or without notice, even though changes may affect the value of the mileage or certificates already accumulated.

1a. United may, among other things, withdraw, limit, modify or cancel any award; increase the mileage or number of certificates required for any award; modify or regulate the transferability of awards or benefits; add an unlimited number of blackout dates; or limit the number of award seats available to any or all destinations."

I'm thinking about now is the time for United to cancel all your awards, without notice, of course. Maybe even cancel the awards you already used for trips and then bill you. But before United can do this they need to send out a 1099, create a tax liability and request all your income taxes for the last 3 years for a financial review!

This would be the only fit and proper conclusion to the Months of Misery promotion - anything less would simply not be in keeping with the spirit of the program.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
I am excited to announce...

Small claims court case is scheduled for tues, april 24 at 9am. I will provide further details (and possible do meet up) soon!

mm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.