United Months of Miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2012, 3:56 pm

Got 197k !

All done!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 4:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Nothing for me, though I should have some.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 4:35 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I'm 500 short of where I should be ... which corresponds to the 2-3 transactions I'm still fighting with Cartera over plus one with Holiday Inn which has after their very prompt initial responses has vanished into the ether with no further feedback.

Yeah, just 500 miles short, but I feel as much as I've had to put into getting those transactions to post, it should be 5000.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Well, at least they aren't arbitrarily capping at 25k like I expected, however I am nowhere near where I should be. 53k posted and I am expecting somewhere north of 500k.... Looks like that quantity can post if they want them to based on BryanIAH, so I am just a little annoyed right now.... I'll let it sit for at least a day before I start harassing MP about it

MM - You don't see the transactions in your "Recent Activity" until you click the search button for some reason, very odd.
So far I am in the 25k cap category or else that's all they could give me for now... I expect a lot more.

as for the search thing, yah, I see it now...

here's how I did it though:

Earlier... dates defaulted to 1/30 to 2/28 and I changed the start date to 9/1 to try and capture everything. Since the end date was still left at 2/28, i figured it should show everything but it did not.

now, however, if I just leave it as is and let the start date be 1/30, it does in fact show both the 25k I got today of 25 1k posts and a 500 mile thing I got from some promo done long ago.... something I had no idea what it was til I called earlier in Feb. So like Cartera, UAs site is flubbed up too, but whatever.

Now my plight still remains with my yet to post 300 and then everything missing in UA including the minus problem./ A mess I anticipated. A ton of records to still sort out. A court date to try and do it with.

Originally Posted by exerda
I'm 500 short of where I should be ... which corresponds to the 2-3 transactions I'm still fighting with Cartera over plus one with Holiday Inn which has after their very prompt initial responses has vanished into the ether with no further feedback.

Yeah, just 500 miles short, but I feel as much as I've had to put into getting those transactions to post, it should be 5000.
Agreed. hence my decision to take em to court

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 28, 2012 at 6:10 pm Reason: merge
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:58 pm

Mine posted minus the 2 FTD's that

were "lost" and cost me an extra 1000 miles. I have been told my 2 "lost" FTD's will post within a month and I supposed there is a 1 in a million chance I can get my earned 1000 mile bonus...
Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, IHG Plt, SPG Gld
26k miles here, which was means my <$10 dines early on were counted.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bearcat74
Same here - just 13K in total. With all the trouble everyone started having with GC's and Cartera I shied away from maxing it out via that method. Just used dines and any regular shopping.
Same here, I didn't buy any gift certs or go crazy with this--regular online purchases & dines (maybe b/c I only got the 4/500 offer). 5500 posted, 1500 more than I expected. I'm guessing maybe the extra is from retailers that separately posted each item from one order--I had a number of those over $10. Everything posted on its own as it was supposed to, so I didn't spend time hassling with that. I am a happy camper with my miles.

To those of you with 500K and 250K :-:
Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:35 pm

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.
All in all, nearly what I estimated posted, and I'm satisfied. Glad that United can hopefully move on from this and plan, communicate, and execute better next time.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:54 pm

Yay!

247,000 miles for my 594 transactions. People keep complaining about this promotion, but it's by far the greatest mileage promo I've ever been a part of. It took a while but was SO worth it!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rwalia99
247,000 miles for my 594 transactions. People keep complaining about this promotion, but it's by far the greatest mileage promo I've ever been a part of. It took a while but was SO worth it!
I am glad for ya!!

I am only complaining because many factors botched up the mileage people like me were supposed to get. I was looking at numbers like yours but all sorts of failures that have cost me a lot of lost time have resulted in a fraction of that thus far. It will be great if and when those miles show up in my acct. Til they do, I HAVE to complain. You might do the same but again I am glad you got your miles instead.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:20 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Nice!

81K posted. My latest tally (not super precise) was that I'd get 85K miles. Pretty darn close...

81K brings the balance in my husband's UA account to 95K...just in time for the Capital One card to come out

Anita

PS - anyone still thinking that they'll sit out on Months of Miles if it comes back again next year? How quickly the miles made me forget the pain!

Last edited by akp; Feb 28, 2012 at 8:30 pm Reason: typed number wrong
Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
If you are missing miles, don't bother calling MP Customer Service. They just give you the "8-12 weeks, please wait longer" speech. This is in spite of the fact that miles started posting and that others have received all of their miles.... Oh goody, more waiting

Originally Posted by akp
PS - anyone still thinking that they'll sit out on Months of Miles if it comes back again next year? How quickly the miles made me forget the pain!
I don't think they'll ever let any one of us ever take place in another promotion like this ever again

Last edited by jasonvr; Feb 28, 2012 at 8:50 pm
Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasonvr
I don't think they'll ever let any one of us ever take place in another promotion like this ever again
I bet some would. i know I wont... not unless UA makes some big changes.... If things ran a bit more like US GS that might help but then again, they have the Cartera shopping bit, which I would not rely upon. Not unless they made big changes as well.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:01 pm

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
finally

so with all the miles for the purchases and bonus I collected a little over 90K on this promotion. Very happy tonight , but I do feel for those who having issues at this time and can not have the same feeling as me. Yes this required alot of work and I did miss a few transactions, but at this point I am happy with my result.

Those who do not have this feeling keep fighting The number of e-mails I sent was so ridiculous and over the top.

I hope the small claims goes well Marathon Man you should be in a good spot to prove how bad their service is.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:02 pm

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
before March 3rd conversion should we move these miles over to continental ourselves???

You know how things somehow get lost.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.